• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Is this a fair trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a fair trade?

my2wings

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just a quick question if this was a fair trade or not.

My pin:
RS_R0eae41f9dc.png
Pin 120043 (DSSH - Walk in the Park Series - Pongo and Roger -- http://pinpics.com/pin.php?pin=120043)
For:
201701211332.jpg
Pin 34952 (Disney Auctions (P.I.N.S.) - Home Sweet Home (Sleeping Beauty)

Probably, although there are probably more people trading/selling the Walk in the Park pin versus the Disney Auctions pin?

It would also depend on how you do trades. Trade/wants ratio? eBay value? That sort of thing.

But that depends on what you determine is equal value. Selling price or trades/wants ratio.

And even ebay prices can be a little misleading sometimes :p I think you have to weigh your personal desire for the pin, mixed with the want/trade ratio, mixed with the market price for the pin, mixed with your desire to help another trader get something they want too.

I would do the Trade. Personally I would give the DA pin a bit more weight but I would do it anyhow. Hate it when "auction site" prices are brought into the picture. Trade on the basis of what you want and need, it's a hobby.

Also another thing to think about is how much do you really like the pin your trading for compared to the pin that you would be trading away, Do you think it's worth it? I may, at times, trade away a better pin just because I really want the pin that I would be trading for.

Great question! My first consideration is how much I want the pin. Trading for what you want keeps pin trading fun (for you and your fellow trader). I also love Disney Auction pin quality, so I usually jump on trades with an auction pin from my wants list.

Other considerations for me:
- pin wants/trades
- LE size
- Finally, I sometimes take original price (as priced by Disney, Acme/hotart, etc.) into consideration. ie, If I continually trade $25 pins for $10 pins, I really am taking a hit in my wallet. (I do take an est. inflation into account if a pin is older.) (This consideration has nothing to do with secondary/ebay market prices. I agree with those above who recommend leaving secondary market pricing out of trading.)

And even ebay prices can be a little misleading sometimes :p I think you have to weigh your personal desire for the pin, mixed with the want/trade ratio, mixed with the market price for the pin, mixed with your desire to help another trader get something they want too.

I agree with the need mix in desire and wants. Not to mention secondary market prices flucuate. I have seen a series of pins I am working on get cut in half price-wise this year. Trades/wants haven't changed but a seller gets tired of holding the inventory and drops the price and others follow and suddenly the value, based on price alone, is much less than what you thought it was.Trying to trade on secondary price alone won't get you as far in that case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back