• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Is this pin fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this pin fake?

PrincessPirate

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I recently purchased a pin off Ebay for the first time, one of Princess Eilonwy from Black Cauldron. When it arrived however I noticed it seemed a lot lighter and less substantial than my other pins, which made me suspicious. I checked it against the picture on PinPics and saw that fakes/scrappers (I'm new to this so not sure) of the design were known to exist, and mine seems to have the greenish tint that the site describes. I don't know what other things to look out for though, so I was hoping you could please help out.

eilonwy.jpg
(Sorry for the bad pictures, I'm not used to taking close ups)

Do you think this is fake?

I recently purchased a pin off Ebay for the first time, one of Princess Eilonwy from Black Cauldron. When it arrived however I noticed it seemed a lot lighter and less substantial than my other pins, which made me suspicious. I checked it against the picture on PinPics and saw that fakes/scrappers (I'm new to this so not sure) of the design were known to exist, and mine seems to have the greenish tint that the site describes. I don't know what other things to look out for though, so I was hoping you could please help out.

View attachment 3668
(Sorry for the bad pictures, I'm not used to taking close ups)

Do you think this is fake?

try not to buy those pins in ebay, hidden mikceys i ebay are most of the time fake, i have a few of those, i even have the same collection but with the pig inside, just either trade here or as somebody to sell it to you, i would even give it to you for fried if we trade other thing, i would have just throw it in as a gift since i use these as easy trades at the park, may i ask how much did you payed for this? i don't sell pin(just trying to keep it a hobby) but if i were to sell it i would sell it for either 75 cents or max a dollar. use this site to be as awre as possible of how to safely buy pins and not get ripped off. :)

YES if the seller does not want to discuss it,I would trade a oridinary rack pin or another HM (REAL one)for it
I collect these for my tacboard

Eilonwy was one of the first pins from the cauldron Hidden Mickey series to be scrapped, as mention earlier in this post look at the eyes & the colouring of the hair - Hair and shirt may have a "greenish" tint to them on some counterfeits. On others the hair may be yellow yellow, while the authentic is more of a golden yellow. Her face and neck, appear to be a more peachy pink color, than flesh toned. Additionally, there is extra metal between the ovalish part and the left claw. All of the definition lines seem thicker.

pin75082

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back