• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Is this worth it??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this worth it??

Stitch2814

#1 Kevin Fan
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Hey everyone Im in two minds as I was offered two of the DA Zodiac Stitch pins for 2 pins from the UP pin set (Adventure book and Carl as boy) I said that its not worth 1-1 as I looked at the numbers first and I came to the conclusion that Id do a 2-1 trade. Nothing has been agreed yet but Im just a little confused as is it an equal trade or is my pin worth more....

Id be trading 78741 (DisneyStore.com Up Pin Set - My Adventure Book Only)

and recieving -

35632 (Disney Auctions (P.I.N.S.) - Zodiac Stitch (Sagittarius)
35638 (Disney Auctions (P.I.N.S.) - Zodiac Stitch (Capricorn)

just thought Id ask everyone's opinion on the trade as Im waiting to hear back to see if the trader still has both but if they do and say they do...is it worth it??

My gut reaction is no, since the UP set is LE125 and the others are LE500s

i would have to agree with broncobilly as far as the LE value is concerned...

one other thing to consider is how badly do you want the two zodiac pins and how difficult they are to come by versus how attached you are to the UP pin (so looking at value other than monetary), but even then, still don't think it's a fair trade. if you have any doubts and think you will regret it, go with your gut instinct and don't do it.

or if they have another pin you want too, maybe you'd be open to do a 3-1 trade? that might bring it a little closer to being an equal and fair trade, but it should be a third pin that you really want...

Speaking in terms of current 2nd market values.... the Adventure book is currently worth approximately $100 and the Zodiac pins are about $15. So you'd be trading away $100 to receive $30 back, making it a $70 loss on your end.

thanks for the advice, Ive tried to trade for the zodiac pins as I do want the full set and so far only have the Libra one (which I purchased) and when Ive tried to trade for them in the past I got nowhere...

I dont really want to seperate the set until I have to as I got the trader set initially to have for DLRP when I go in January so I might consider the trade if I come back from Paris with the full set, its just my wants list is quite small and when I click on what could I get for trading this pin..I dont get many rare pins as about 6-8 DA pins..and the rest are either too rare or to easy to get...

I think I have to have a mind struggle while I decide on whats best as the zodiac pins are on my HG list...eugh! brain freeze!

Speaking in terms of current 2nd market values.... the Adventure book is currently worth approximately $100 and the Zodiac pins are about $15. So you'd be trading away $100 to receive $30 back, making it a $70 loss on your end.

If you can show me where they sell for $15 then point me in that direction XD as they would be bought in a flash XD

hmm guess Im going to have to think hard as Ive just looked on ebay and a few single's of the Zodiac pins for $37 and a few full sets from $199 to the crazy $400... shame the $199 is US only :( and shame I bought my HG paddy pin last week for $180...so budget is gone for now...damn lol

I don't collect stitch but I'm in the NO trade side. The adventure book is at least 4 zodiac pins and the other up pin goes 1:1. It's an LE thing and popularity. Wait until after Christmas or around tax time. People will need money and pin collections are the first to go. Be patient and you will eventually get them. We all do. It's just when. The "UP" collection still has alot of time to increase trade and value more than it does now. The DA's have been around awhile and being LE 500. You have 455 possible traders that may oneday change their haves to trades. While the adventure book has 125 possible trades but as we all know, once we get it it's not going anywhere soon.

Oh by the way, I want your adventure book also.

Last edited:
I agree with everyone else Danny - really don't think it's worth it. However, look at what I traded to get that Zero dsf surprise release pin recently (and I don't regret that at all!) Go with your gut instinct.

I agree you should trust your instinct. If you have any doubts at all - don't do the deal. You will always regret it and in the back of your mind is the why did I do that. I traded away a pin that I had for one I thought I really wanted, but have always regretted the trade. It was fair, mind you, but hindsight is always best. Be like Davy Crockett - be sure you're right and then go ahead.

After considering that I would be seperating the set then my gut instinct is Im not going to trade. Ive passed on harder to get pins before now for the UP set so I can resist these XD

Basic Duck psychology #1: if you find yourself looking for reasons not to do a trade, you'd better not do it.

I agree with everyone else: don't do the trade. Remember Iamdisneydan's advice: be patient. Wait for a trade that you don't have doubts about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back