• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

It is that time of year again, the docfish2u Zap-a-palooza event

Status
Not open for further replies.
g33JK.gif

That's insane! I'm so excited to see what everyone got! :D

Edited cause my gif wasn't working :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Wooo! That's quite a pile! Lol, love the inside-the-basket and outside-the-basket perspectives. :dunno::rofl:

And I was thinking the same thing as Ang: Those boxes!!! :eek:

Cheers for making this Christmas season so much better for so many people, David!

Woooooooooooooooooow amaaaaaaaaaazing!!!! Can't wait to see what the 44+ zaps are! :anxious: Wished I could've helped acquiring grails for people but didn't have any :(
Thanks santa David for bringing so much joy to everyone :hug:

David is one of the best people in the whole world! I love this years 44!!! packages and Im happy that I could help this year as well. Cant wait to see everyones reaction to when they open grail mail!

Would have loved to see all the grails laid out together before they were packaged!! That would have been an amazing sight!!
Grailslayer rules :bowdown::bowdown:

This is seriously so kind and generous of you David and everyone who helped.
I can't wait to see all the happy faces when these start arriving! Thank you for helping make this community such a great place :D

Okay so some responses. Thank goodness I know about the postage ahead of time and put money aside for it. No we don't wait in line at the post office for them to scan everything. Thank you stamps.com!!! Almost all of the packages will have gone out yesterday(overseas) and the rest today. I have a few stragglers I am waiting for to come in. This does not count the pins also going out to members of pintalk, but there is no where near the number of those, unfortunately.

We want to thank everybody who helped pull this off. It truly does take a village and we have a fantastic one here!!! I figure they should start arriving hopefully tomorrow or Thursday.

Don't forget to post what you have received!!!

Speaking as a person who is participating on the Pintalk side I want to thank David for being so generous. Forty-four pins is amazing and I can't wait to see what people get. What makes this so special is that these pins are grails. Some of us have been looking for these pins for years and never thought that we would see them. Thanks again David.

I bet that this counts for everyone involved: it's definitely a pleasure to participate. So thank you for creating this event and spreading so much Holiday zapping cheer! You were aiming for 25+ and ended up at 44, that is.. amazing! Looking forward to everyone's posts :)

Okay so some responses. Thank goodness I know about the postage ahead of time and put money aside for it. No we don't wait in line at the post office for them to scan everything. Thank you stamps.com!!! Almost all of the packages will have gone out yesterday(overseas) and the rest today. I have a few stragglers I am waiting for to come in. This does not count the pins also going out to members of pintalk, but there is no where near the number of those, unfortunately.

We want to thank everybody who helped pull this off. It truly does take a village and we have a fantastic one here!!! I figure they should start arriving hopefully tomorrow or Thursday.

Don't forget to post what you have received!!!
You're AMAZING David!! Bringing so much love and joy to DPF and some of us at our homes and at the most magical time of the year :D thank you for doing this!

I'' so excited to see the first person post what they got! :D

Wow, that is so amazing! Thank you for the awesome effort that went into this! ( My 19 month old would love to sort all that mail! And sit on it, of course!)

Zapped!!! =O

"This is My Dream!" ~ A Story of a Grail... of Story's

I am so, so... wow. Just... wow.

Okay. So the short tale of it is that... I was zapped by the amazing Sir Docfish2u.

attachment.php

If you came for just the short tale, then scroll through to the pictures :D

If you came for a longer tale, this one has to go back to when I started pin trading and joined pinpics...

I was introduced to pins at an early age, but my serious pin collecting didn't begin until my mom got me the fist of the Classic D DLR series with Brave Tailor Mickey calling up to Princess Minnie. (I want to say it was a 2011 series?) So I begin my pin journey shortly afterwards and searched the pinpic database for all sorts of pins. The highlights of my searches, however, had to do with Brave Little Tailor.

You see, I was and still am a Classic Mickey Cartoons fan. But none are as dear to my heart as Brave Tailor. The little guy is amazing in his given cartoon, but he impressed me even more so as being my favorite character of Disneyland's Fantasmic. His climatic "This is My Dream!" highlights everything I love about my absolute favorite show. Not to mention he's only gotten more impressive since they hired a real dragon for the show in 2009 (I mean, that's gotta take some guts for the mouse to face that every night :eek:)

So when I was searching for brave tailor pins, I came across one that just made my jaw drop. It featured Brave Little Tailor, and it was a Fantasmic! pin. No way. This was a unique occurrence since more often than not Mickey's Sorcerer counterpart usually takes all the glory for the show. But Brave Tailor and Fantasmic? All in one pin?

I tried to find info on the pin, and looked for it through online sale sites since I couldn't find a willing trader. Nothing.

I pretty much gave up, and it quickly earned the title of "impossible grail" in my mind.

tumblr_n9r10eQ9g61s2wio8o1_500.gif

But you know what Disney keeps telling me? Every story has a happy ending.

Docfish made sure this Story did at least =,)

attachment.php

tumblr_me2pocPz0O1r35ojdo1_400.gif

attachment.php

I would have taken any condition of this pin... but it came beautiful, brand new... shiny in all its glory!!!

2890933771_7fec6e4aa2.jpg

I didn't get a chance to put it in my pin book yet, but here is a glimpse of the special fitting home it has found with me =D

attachment.php

Thank you seems so short an expression to convey my feelings of appreciation and overwhelming amazement that you kept me in mind and were able to find this pin for me. If I could give you bear hugs for this I would. So I thought I'd conclude by picturing bear hugs in the best way I could.

attachment.php

:hug: Thank you so much!!! This is my Pin Dream!!! :hug:​

:hug: Thank you so much!!! This is my Pin Dream!!! :hug:​

Aw, reading this & your story made me a little emotional! :hs: Love the detailed story about your quest for the pin, and so great to now see it next to your other Brave Little Tailor items.
Enjoy & congratulations!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back