• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

"it's a small world" Animators Collection Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
"it's a small world" Animators Collection Dolls
So I ended up getting Japan and India for my friend.
She's been obsessed with Bollywood lately and when I showed her the India doll she couldn't believe her eyes. XD

She now has 3!

So I ended up getting Japan and India for my friend.
She's been obsessed with Bollywood lately and when I showed her the India doll she couldn't believe her eyes. XD

She now has 3!

India is adorable! What is the third one?

I added China to my collection today, so I have all of them so far. I am ready for more to be released!!!

Last edited:
India is adorable! What is the third one?

I got her Kenya.
She did send me this video when I showed her the rest of the dolls:
[video=youtube;1pm4fQRl72k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pm4fQRl72k[/video]

India and Kenya are good choices. So far Kenya's still my fave (followed closely by Holland).

My stores got China today, so I picked up the remaining new releases.

Last edited:
India and Kenya are good choices. So far Kenya's still my fave (followed closely by Holland).

My stores got China today, so I picked up the remaining new releases.

Yours look so perfect. The ones in my store were all a bit of disaster --boxes and hair-wise.

amm3, how tall is the kangaroo next to the dolls? Almost the same height? I really had to cherry pick these dolls. China's hair is so hit or miss.

Good luck on your doll wait, Beefeatergal he wait is so annoying!

amm3, how tall is the kangaroo next to the dolls? Almost the same height? I really had to cherry pick these dolls. China's hair is so hit or miss.

Good luck on your doll wait, Beefeatergal he wait is so annoying!

The kangaroo is just about the same height as the doll (deboxed). I believe the dolls are 16" and the kangaroo is 15".

Mexico appears to have disappeared from the DS website. :( Do you think she will be put back on at some point?

Hm, it's really hard to say. I have to think they'll be back since they just came out. Maybe they weren't able to produce too many since Frozen probably owns most of the production lines right now? I'm sure that great introductory sale had something to do with the demand. They've been flying off the shelves in my local stores.

All I can say is England is the only one that really sold out online (and in stores) and he NEVER came back. Other animator dolls have come and go, like Tinker Bell recently and most of the princesses at one point or aother. Mexico and China are both sold out on the UK site, so this must've been some kind of test run or rushed batch to make the 50th anniversary.

But, on a brighter note, the horse plush has gone live, so anyone who was interested can order him now...

http://www.disneystore.com/its-a-small-world-horse-plush-15/mp/1352893/1000267/

I'm actually not too surprised Mexico sold out so quickly. There's a huge Mexican population in the US, way huger than in Canada, and there was a lot of demand for a Mexican doll even here (during the holidays, way before she was confirmed).

I think that's the fun thing about this collection, people clamoring for the doll of their herritage or herritage they love. I hope she comes back so that everyone can get her... then I won't have to feel so greedy grabbing 2 of all of them!

Wait, don't you keep yours MIB? I think I'd try to exchange them in store. My entire first set came damaged, so I exchanged them. Or maybe you could call customer service to get some kind of compensation. I've heard of people doing that for damaged boxes on OE items.

Glad you got them, though! I have to say, China's so much better in person than I gave her credit for. I eat all my disappointed words.

I might try to do that if my Disney store has them already. I kinda doubt it though. I agree that china does look best in person. :D

By the way I love you new signature picture :)

If you're worried about the 30-day policy, just buy them and return the damaged ones with that receipt. It sound scandalous, but so is collectors getting stuck with damaged boxes :(

By the way I love you new signature picture

LOL, I can't wait to expand upon it! It's so nice to have found someone who appreciates these dolls as much as I do (same goes to a couple others in this thread). <3

I will try to exchange them then. :D

and I am a fan of it's a small world.I don't think I told anyone here yet... but yeah I love theses dolls and I can't wait for them to release more in the future. I'm really excited for them.

Besides the other dolls that are going to be release what dolls are you guys hoping Disney will make next? Give me your top 5!

Last edited:
Hmmmm it's so hard to choose! I have to say they've already produced some of my faves (so yay for that). Butttt in no particular order:

Germany (boy please)
Canada (hey I want my own country!)
Egypt
Ireland
Camel plush

I want to add that cowboy is my number one choice but I'm hoping and convinced that he's the USA doll currently in production. Mexican boy would've been number 2 but now they've done Mexico already so that ship has sailed. And Spanish flamenco boy would be number 3 but Spain is also in production and I'm happy with either flamenco gender.

You didn't share your top 5!

I know I did't share but here goes:
German boy
Peruvian girl (you guys have no idea how much I want a doll of her)
Swiss yodeler
Scandalnavian girl
Italian boy

They are not in any order by the way.
Those are my top 5! I really hope they add more boys. It disturbs me how England is the only male while the rest are females.

Last edited:
I honestly think that these dolls are underpriced (when compared to Animators').
I saw most of them in one of the disney stores and I couldn't believe that they we're being sold for $29.99.
I mean, they sing, they have accessories, and the attention to detail is phenomenal. Compared to the price of the Animators' collection (which is still really good).

I would definitely not be surprised if they started releasing sets with 2 dolls, male and female. :)

But just based on the images that Quasimodo has posted and the dolls that I have seen, Disney has gone out of their way to make these.
BTW Quasimodo, is it normal for your Kenya doll to have hair as big as that? It seems so big compared to the stock images, lol. It looks good!

Quasimodo, I also love your new signature picture! They look so great standing next to one another. I only have one set and still have them all in boxes as I can’t decide whether to debox or not. I’d kind of like to take them out of the boxes to display alongside the plushies, but I also like how the name of the country is on the front of each box.

Wow, top five is tough. I definitely want a cowboy, a Native American Indian, Italian gondolier boy, German boy, Inuit, Egyptian … yeah, I can’t pick just five. I want one from every country!

I would love the flamenco set of both boy and girl together. I’d like the girl because I love the look of the flamenco skirt. But we also need more boys!! I’m still upset Mexico was not a boy in a sombrero. :(

Lordofanime, I agree these dolls are great for the price — not to mention they’ve also been on sale several times. I still can’t believe I only paid $18.50 each for the first seven and $20 each for China and Mexico. I love sales! LOL

Lol, the hair on my Kenya doll is not that big either!

It's A Small World Animators Dolls

I seriously love my Hawaiian dolls!! Just got them at my Disney Outlet Store yesterday & they're definitely selling! Unfortunately we didn't receive India & England cause I would've totally bought India. But all is good cause I was able to use my Pirates Fairy coupon to buy 2 of the Hawaiian dolls. One to keep mint in it's box & one to actually display. So pretty much I got one for free from using my coupon :D Plus I was so lucky that somebody return this awesome wallet that was also IASW Hawaiian themed. Ironically, I got it as well too haha. Even though it was on the pricey side, I totally would've bought it either way (with or without my CM discount) cause of how cool the design was! Plus I'm planning to use the Hawaiian girl keychain as a Landyard end for my future IASW Polynesian themed pin Landyard. So this was my big haul I got from the Disney Store lately LOL.

esyse3az.jpg

Front:

eqejajam.jpg

Keychain:

uramy9en.jpg

Back:

seve8eza.jpg

e4age6e9.jpg

Tag:

te9ejeda.jpg

As Quasimodo mentioned as well, give us Canadians a IASW Mounty! & add a Moose plush as well too!! [:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back