• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

"it's a small world" Animators Collection Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
"it's a small world" Animators Collection Dolls
amm3 if I had only one set I'd probably keep them MIB too. I love how they look in their boxes, which is why I "need" 2 sets. But then if you also have the plushies, I'd probably want to open them. The plushies didn't fit in my sig pic, but they're displayed all together and it's the best :)

Kenya's hair came in many varying lengths. I wanted my opener to have long hair and my MIB has the shortest hair I could find. Oh and her necklace had come off inside the box so I plucked it through the "try me" hole with a comb and she totally looks like a boy :D

I agree that price of these dolls is insane but we shouldn't talk about that on here and encourage a hike! Lol. I mean mass producing dolls on a Disney scale is cheap so I'm not too surprised they keep the price very accessible. I too have been lucky to get all mine on sale.

PS, I'd love the Peruvian girl too, and her alpaca or whatever that animal is beside her. Llama?

According to the official it's a small world map the Peruvian's animal is a llama.

also I was thinking that Disney store should make the Mary Blair toy:
tumblr_n3mjfdq2Ub1rrdy67o1_400.png

and release her as a plush toy. I really want a plush of her from the ride. I know some wanted it released as a doll but I see it more as a plushie.

Last edited:
According to the official it's a small world map the Peruvian's animal is a llama.

also I was thinking that Disney store should make the Mary Blair toy:
tumblr_n3mjfdq2Ub1rrdy67o1_400.png

and release her as a plush toy. I really want a plush of her from the ride. I know some wanted it released as a doll but I see it more as a plushie.

Beefeatergal, oh that would be great - I'd take either a doll or plush!

Quasimodo -- yes, while I'm glad the dolls are affordable, I certainly don't want a price hike! In fact, if the dolls hadn't gone on sale, I don't know if I'd have gotten them initially. I was actually hesitating at the original price mark, and it was only because they were on sale that I went ahead and ordered the whole set at once. After I got them and saw them in person, I knew they were worth it.:)

I would lov elove love to see a Scottish boy or girl! Mine are still MIB but someday I want to take them out. When Ifigure out a display plan for them lol. Along with the conversation about prices, I too amd very impressed with how reasonabley priced thay are! They honestly are replicas of the ride figures! I would love to see a little Mary Blair doll as well! I can't wait for the rest of them to be released :]

It's a Fashionable World After All...

So here's some strange small world news. There was an exhibit this past weekend in Paris, where fashion designers were asked to design an outfit for the Disney Store dolls. I can't find any pix aside from what's in this article, but suffice to say, the designers treated England as a girl!

http://www.hoteltourmaubourgparis.c...able-world-after-all-disneyland-doll-couture/

If I can find any more submission pix, I'll post them. I'd love to see what they did to dolls aside from Japan and England.

I saw that a week ago! I got to see an early design from the mermaid small world england doll. most of them are amazing but I found a doll with gold glitter on its face a bit strange.

Did you see any others? I wonder if they used any dolls aside from England and Japan. Yeah, the Antik Batik doll was a bit OTT and not really their style as far as I know. I would love to see Kenya in a really fun or funky design.

There's a lot of pics in instagram! I go to webstagram and search itsasmallworld or smallworld. A lot of people posted pics there. I cant really send links since I am in mobile. I can post links later in the day if you want?

No problem. :) I saw a pic of a girl holding the french doll but the doll's head was off.... funny thing is that the same thing happened to my england doll but I was able to fix it.

Thanks for sharing that! Oh dear, now I seriously want to purchase more dolls just so I can make clothes for them!

It's a Fashionable World After All...

So here's some strange small world news. There was an exhibit this past weekend in Paris, where fashion designers were asked to design an outfit for the Disney Store dolls. I can't find any pix aside from what's in this article, but suffice to say, the designers treated England as a girl!

http://www.hoteltourmaubourgparis.c...able-world-after-all-disneyland-doll-couture/

If I can find any more submission pix, I'll post them. I'd love to see what they did to dolls aside from Japan and England.

Okay, I found a blog with 10 of the dolls. Nina Ricci's design is my favorite. I'm starting to think the artists were only given Japan or England dolls.

http://www.magicmaman.com/,photos-1...ookees-pour-leur-50-ans,2437848.asp#?slide=10

Thats really cool. I really love the ones from Les Gambettes Sauvage and Lolita Lempicka

Quasi - your sig pic is making me want Holland and England now. I need to track them down. LOL

The Dutch doll is a must if you plan to collect these at all <3

So far she's the only doll with light eyes and light hair, so she stands out in the crowd. Plus she's only $20 right now!

As for England, well, hopefully he'll replenish in stores, because he goes for stupid amounts of money on the secondary market ($100+). I'd put him in the maybe pile.

Cool, thanks for sharing the links. The first one's cute. I have to say, though, their original clothes are better, lol. Without them, these dolls look so generic (well, that probably has to do with the mold).

And I'm glad Mexico restocked. Disney announced the 2 additions on their fb, so obviously everyone was whining about her being sold out (that, and asking how dare they produce anything not Frozen--good grief).

I forgot to ask, has anyone seen the horse and kangaroo in their local store yet? None of mine have them, but most stores seemed to have gotten Mexico and China on / around the same dates, so I'm trying to gauge when I might get them. THX

Hi I'm new! I joined mainly so I could see this thread because it's the only place I've found talking about these dolls. And I am obsessed with these dolls! I just went out and bought Mexico and China from my "local" store (it's about 40 miles away). I panicked when I saw Mexico was sold out. I missed the boat on England and didn't want that to happen again. I'm crossing my fingers that they get him back in.

I really hope there is a Native American in the next batch. I'd also like The Philippines and Scotland for ancestral purposes. I have three kids and I hope to use these as cultural/geographical learning tools. Plus I've always wanted a doll collection, and these seem just the right price to do so!

I echo what's been said about the boy dolls! I have two boys and want them to enjoy them as much as my girl.

Yay, welcome, I'm so excited to see another small world collector on here! I'm totally obsessed, too <3

I'm convinced we're getting the cowboy and Indian (er, Native American) really soon. USA and North America have been confirmed to me--by the same CSM who confirmed China and Mexico, and the kangaroo and horse plushies a couple months ago. And since these were all confirmed at the same time, they must be close to release.

Then again, I'm also convinced they'll end up releasing every single country eventually, so you might want to take what I say with some salt... I tend to get a little excited :anxious: :(

I'm glad to meet another small world collector fan! welcome to the thread. I am also hoping that there will be a native american and philippines doll. The one philippines doll from the ride has a very beautiful dress so she would make a great doll!

Hi LittleRain! Welcome! :)

Quasimodo, I haven't seen the Kangaroo or Horse in my store yet. Going back there tomorrow, so I'll see if they have them then. I ordered the Kangaroo online. The only plushies I don't have yet are the Horse and the Jaguar.

I wonder how long this series of dolls will last. Do you think it is only for this year because of the SW 50th anniversary? I would like them to continue until every country is released, but I don't see that happening. But there are so many countries I want them to do! :cry:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back