• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

"it's a small world" Animators Collection Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
"it's a small world" Animators Collection Dolls
I wanna agree with you amma3. As much as I love these dolls I just dont feel like they are going to be making new ones for them. I kinda have a feeling that they are doing it for the 50th anniversary. But who knows maybe they will keep making more as long as they sell well.
we just gotta hope I guess.

I was actually thinking that maybe they will made dolls every year but only for when it hits the aniversary date... Like maybe they will make 2 dolls per aniversary.

But again who knows.. We just have to hope.

We just have to hope.

Yup, pretty much this. Disney's not too forthcoming or predictable when it comes to merch. I think even some of the things CSMs tell us isn't much more than guessing. Back in October / November a CSM told me they plan to make more every year, but even if that's true, they could always change their minds, right? If they do end up releasing more and more, I plan to give up on LE dolls and focus on this collection. They take up a lot of room AND they look great in their own space.

I agree with you Beefeatergal, it would be nice if they released them every year around this time... but then I'd also want another wave during the holidays :D

I rearranged my entire doll display to add the new small world dolls and make room for the upcoming ones. I'm THE WORST at taking pix of anything, so excuse the blurriness. I swear, I tried lol. (or maybe my camera's the problem!)

Omg I really love your collection! I barely have room for my mexico and china dolls but that won't stop me from getting more small world dolls! You have a pretty big collection there! :D

You have such an awesome collection, Quasimodo! Love it! :) I am so envious... I don't have any of my dolls (LE or the Small World ones) displayed because I don't have the room. I have to wait until I get a bigger place!

Oh much better, Quasimodo. What an amazing collection!! That shelve with the deboxed dolls (is that the word? Deboxed?) is beautifull and sooooo tempting :-D I wish I had room for the Small World collection.
And that special Cinderella with mannequin... So jealous
But which is that Rapunzel who wear a nightgown? I haven't seen her before.

Oh much better, Quasimodo. What an amazing collection!! That shelve with the deboxed dolls (is that the word? Deboxed?) is beautifull and sooooo tempting :-D I wish I had room for the Small World collection.
And that special Cinderella with mannequin... So jealous
But which is that Rapunzel who wear a nightgown? I haven't seen her before.

That's the rapunzel is the one that was released when the movie came out. The first ever toddler doll from Disney I think

Do any of you guys open your small world dolls, then? What do you do with them? My boyfriend and I moved to the suburbs, so our house is way too big for us (I miss living in a condo :( ) but on the bright side, I have a spare room for my dolls.

which is that Rapunzel who wear a nightgown? I haven't seen her before.

lord already answered the question, but I'll link a pic of her in her release box (you'll probably recognize her close up). I put her in a DAC box, though, because I hate the movie boxes. Yeah, she was the first animator doll, technically. She ended up going for lots of $$ on the secondary market, which I think is what inspired the actual line. She was released in the holidays of 2010, a year before the DAC dolls came out.

The first set of the dolls are all at my parent's house in another state as I just don't have room for them in my tiny apartment. I only have China and Mexico and the plushes here but I will probably ship them to my parents to store as well until I can move to a bigger place. (And my boyfriend is starting to complain about how much space everything is taking up.) My LE dolls are also here but stored in boxes -- all except my SQ Elsa. She's on my nightstand so I can see her all the time! It makes me sad that I can't see all my dolls everyday. :cry: I won't be able to really enjoy them until I move to a bigger place and can display them properly. So, I am just squirreling them all away for now!

Oh I didn't know about that first Rapunzel. I don't like her :-D I mean I prefer the second one (first on DAC box).
I also prefer the DAC boxes but I have Merida, Elsa and Anna on their movies boxes.
I love the "17'' of hair" on the box :p

Oh, that sucks, amm! I mean, I don't want to rub salt in your wounds, but that really is the worst :(

aka, I muchhhh prefer the proper DAC Rapunzel, too. I don't like the streamers in the original one's hair, and her body's a lot skinnier. She looks kinda like a goblin under her nightgown.

I haven't been able to catch Anna and Elsa in their DAC box, so I'm stuck with their movie boxes for now (same as Merida because I don't like the 2013 version of her). So far my favorite boxes are the small world ones. They look so nice displayed side by side.

PS -- still no sign of the horse in my stores, but the kangaroo has shown up in most of them. Maybe they'll arrive next week. How about you guys? Just curious :)

Oh, that sucks, amm! I mean, I don't want to rub salt in your wounds, but that really is the worst :(

aka, I muchhhh prefer the proper DAC Rapunzel, too. I don't like the streamers in the original one's hair, and her body's a lot skinnier. She looks kinda like a goblin under her nightgown.

I haven't been able to catch Anna and Elsa in their DAC box, so I'm stuck with their movie boxes for now (same as Merida because I don't like the 2013 version of her). So far my favorite boxes are the small world ones. They look so nice displayed side by side.

PS -- still no sign of the horse in my stores, but the kangaroo has shown up in most of them. Maybe they'll arrive next week. How about you guys? Just curious :)

Well that's what I get for living in NYC -- I'm going to have to move out to the country just for the sake of my dolls. Maybe there is a way I could suspend them all from the ceiling (as that's about the only space I have left available) then I could look at them when I go to sleep at night! LOL Can you imagine?! :lol:

I was in the Disney store here yesterday -- they had the kangaroo but no horse. I also noticed the panda is sold out online so I'm glad I got mine when I did.

Quasimodo-Your display is beautiful! Are your dolls on stands? I have all of mine out of their boxes and standing on this hutch in my living room. They are all kind of leaning back because when I first had them I thought they could stand on their own. Which they did during the day, but in the morning I'd find one laying on the ground. It happened a few times before I leaned them all back. I just kept thinking of Toy Story. It looked like they were trying to escape in the night.
Sad thing is Japan's shoes snapped. I'm going to have to glue them back together.

Japan's shoes snapped.

No way! Of all the things that could happen, her shoes are so wonderful :(

All but China are on stands now, yeah. China's dress is too tight for me to hide the stand under her clothes, so she's holding the panda's arm for support. Most of them are pretty sturdy, but I gave France a stand because I want her to kick like she's doing the can-can, and then the barefoot dolls need to lean back like your dolls, and I'm not crazy about how that looks.

Hope you can glue Japan's geta back together!

The Dutch doll is a must if you plan to collect these at all <3

So far she's the only doll with light eyes and light hair, so she stands out in the crowd. Plus she's only $20 right now!

As for England, well, hopefully he'll replenish in stores, because he goes for stupid amounts of money on the secondary market ($100+). I'd put him in the maybe pile.
I went ahead and ordered Holland because I also wanted signing Belle which was on sale. Im not too keen on any others right now other than England. So I only have France and Holland/Dutch now.

Hi I'm new! I joined mainly so I could see this thread because it's the only place I've found talking about these dolls. And I am obsessed with these dolls! I just went out and bought Mexico and China from my "local" store (it's about 40 miles away). I panicked when I saw Mexico was sold out. I missed the boat on England and didn't want that to happen again. I'm crossing my fingers that they get him back in.

I really hope there is a Native American in the next batch. I'd also like The Philippines and Scotland for ancestral purposes. I have three kids and I hope to use these as cultural/geographical learning tools. Plus I've always wanted a doll collection, and these seem just the right price to do so!

I echo what's been said about the boy dolls! I have two boys and want them to enjoy them as much as my girl.
Welcome to the forum!!

I rearranged my entire doll display to add the new small world dolls and make room for the upcoming ones. I'm THE WORST at taking pix of anything, so excuse the blurriness. I swear, I tried lol. (or maybe my camera's the problem!)

Man, so jealous of your collection. I wish I really had an extra room just for dolls like this. I need to move into a three bedroom. LOL

You are also making me want to buy the plushies that go with the dolls I have, like the poodle.

Im going to an outlet today, cant wait to see what I can find there. Havent been since I started collecting dolls really.

Last edited:
I went ahead and ordered Holland.

Congrats, Tink! It doesn't sound like you have her yet, but I know you'll love her. If you have France and don't plan to complete, I can see why you'd pass on Mexico, China, and Japan--they all have black hair and brown eyes, so there isn't much variation. HOWEVER! You mayyyy want to consider Kenya (if you haven't already). In person, she's the best of the collection so far (which isn't just according to me but anyone who's seen my room).

I'm not much of a plush fan, but I lovvvvvve the ones from this line. My fave is the hippo, but the kangaroo's nice, too, now that I have her. If you open your dolls, I'd recommend them, but if not, you can skip TBH.

After reading you , Quasimodo , I can't wait to receive my Kenya doll ! She'll be my second one ( i have India) . I am tempted by Japan but I might wait for the next dolls ...

I just ordered the Japan doll. Now to find a nice authentic Japanese name for her.

Haha, I just noticed this. I wanted to do the same thing, give all the dolls names that suited their heritage. Then I couldn't come up with any...

We got the horse in our store today. He's really green, like really really. He's darker than he looks in pix. I like him, he pops. I found a pic of him from the ride. This was how he looked in the very original, the New York World Fair 1964. In exactly a week, it'll officially be 50 years. So here are some random pix from the ride as the way it was on the day it opened :D

Aren't these dolls cracking up so cute?

The first dolls you would've seen:

The last dolls you would've seen:

I really love the laughing children. I always wondered why they are no longer there anymore. My disneystore FINALLY got the new dolls already. They barely arrived yesterday. Did any of you guys celebrate or are going to celebrate the anniversary some way? I went to my disney store since they were doing some activities for small world which included singing, learning languages.

Whoa, they only got the dolls now? My stores have already had a couple shipments of them! Did you get the new plushies yet?

Oddly enough, my stores have trouble keeping India in stock. One store hasn't had her for months.

I think I'd be too embarrassed to take part in any of the celebrations at the store. Parents would be like, what's this creep doing here? But I got invited :|

I am not sure if my stores got the plushies yet. I just called for the dolls...
I was also having second thoughts too, Quasimodo. But I went anyways because I really love It's a small world and I wanted to celebrate the anniversary. There were only 2 kids celebrating it along with me and of course a cm. It was really fun and I am not ashamed to say I got really into it. The cm made me sing in Swedish since I told her that I Know how to sing the song in Swedish, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, and of course English. The look on both a mother and the cm were one of amazement.
I would also like to share the flag we got for participating in the event:
Front of flag:
tumblr_n3xfuzrIAR1rrdy67o1_1280.jpg

Back of flag:
tumblr_n3xgbd9D9k1rrdy67o1_1280.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back