• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

"it's a small world" Animators Collection Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
"it's a small world" Animators Collection Dolls
Ohmigawd I'm getting together everyone I know because I neeeeeed that flag.... x10!!!! It's so cool. Awesome acquisition :)

Thank you Quasimodo. I think you can just go to your Disney store and ask for one since that is what one of my friends did. She didn't make it to the anniversary celebration so she ended up asking a cm if she could have a flag and they gave one to her.

That's a cool flag! We just had a Disney store open in our city Saturday. The lines to get in were crazy. Plus they had Mickey and Minnie there to take pictures with. I wasn't getting anywhere near. At least once it calms down I'll have one close by!

I got the small world swag from my local store, but it wasn't a flag. We got stickers and activity sheets. I'd rather the flag, but any free small world stuff is fine by me :)

She gave me 4 of each:

I'm going to check my other local stores to see if they got anything different. The activity sheet's not as small as it looks. It's on a lower level than the stickers.

I got the small world swag from my local store, but it wasn't a flag. We got stickers and activity sheets. I'd rather the flag, but any free small world stuff is fine by me :)

She gave me 4 of each:

I'm going to check my other local stores to see if they got anything different. The activity sheet's not as small as it looks. It's on a lower level than the stickers.

Oh my goodness, I want those stickers! I never made it to my store. I doubt they have anything left at this point. :(

Has anyone gotten the horse plush yet? I'm still debating on purchasing him or not.

Cool, if you guys PM your addresses, I can mail you both a set of stickers and an activity sheet. I doubt I need all 4--and maybe I can grab more. I won't be able to post them until after the weekend, though (Good Friday and all).

I got the horse plush, and I llllllove him! Here's a really blurry pic I took with my phone. I'll take a better one later.

I'm sure you've already seen how the kangaroo looks with the dolls, but here's another blurry pic in case.

Cool, if you guys PM your addresses, I can mail you both a set of stickers and an activity sheet. I doubt I need all 4--and maybe I can grab more. I won't be able to post them until after the weekend, though (Good Friday and all).

I got the horse plush, and I llllllove him! Here's a really blurry pic I took with my phone. I'll take a better one later.

Aw thanks, that's incredibly sweet of you! I'll pm you my address. :)

Okay, I'm going to have to get the horse now. He looks so cute on that shelf.

I will pm my address also, Quasimodo. You are really sweet! Thank you.

You also have a lovely collection. I am trying to decide if I should get the horse and kangaroo. Should I?

Don't be silly, they're just pieces of paper, so it's only going to cost me a stamp--a STAMP! lol

Obviously I'm biased, but yes I would recommend the new plushies. They're even more detailed than the first wave. So far I'm really impressed with all of them <3

I might get them then. I will go on Saturday to exchange the dolls for better conditioned ones and also get the plushies. They looks gorgeous in your display.
I hope you got my pm. My computer seems to mess up sometimes so I never really know if things go through or not.

Sorry, yeah, I should've confirmed I got both your PMs.

Did you grab the first 4? I'm on a mission to find a toy umbrella for the jaguar, but the American Girl dolls are so big I'm thinking I might need a Barbie one (it's comically small for him in the ride). Then I'm going to string up his arm to the shelf above. Do you guys think a Barbie umbrella would work, size wise? What doll is between Barbie and AG?

the first four plushies? Yes I did. I got them for Christmas. :)

I don't know about umbrellas though. you can try searching around in some of your stores. I think that toys r us might have one since they have a lot of toys.

I like the plushies so much more than I thought I would. I might as well order the jaguar and horse and complete the set. I love the way the panda and the kangaroo look together - with their closed eyes they look so zen - like they are meditating. LOL.

Quasimodo, that is such a cute idea about the umbrella. I don't know where you could find the right size though.

Beefeatergal, if you got the first 4, you NEED to get these 2!!! The funny thing I noticed (okay, stupid thing) is the tag opens the opposite way from the first wave, like a book instead of backward.

I love the way the panda and the kangaroo look together - with their closed eyes they look so zen - like they are meditating. LOL.

I wish the horse and Jaguar had closed eyes, too, like they do in the ride. I love the closed eyes. I'm tempted to buy some felt and make my own eyelids. Don't get me wrong, I think the plushies are AMAZING, I just see tiny areas for improvement. I want to make some kind of exaggerated eyelashes, too.

Okay I got some clearer pix of the horse AND I managed to get a couple flags from a different store. I'll show all the swag in one shot so you can gauge the size of everything.

The stickers are in front of Mexico's box and the activity sheets are tucked beside it (they're letter sized).

Okay I got some clearer pix of the horse AND I managed to get a couple flags from a different store. I'll show all the swag in one shot so you can gauge the size of everything.

The stickers are in front of Mexico's box and the activity sheets are tucked beside it (they're letter sized).

That's awesome! Glad you got the flags!:) I won't be able to get to my store until Saturday, and I truly doubt they will have any SW stuff left over by then. But I guess it doesn't hurt to check. It would be great if they still had some flags left over.

I also want to see if they have the horse in stock. I know it's being picky but I am a bit annoyed at the online Disney store for putting big white stickers over the tags on my plushies. I like to keep the tags on because I like the way they look with the name of the country and everything. I tried peeling off the stickers but they won't come off without ripping the tags. At least it says 'Walt Disney'... but it still ruins the look if I want to display them. It reminds me of a big discount sticker or something. :sad:

Amm are you talking about the price sticker? Mine all peeled right off. But then I ended up removing the tags anyway because they were hard to hide. Both stores I went to had tons of swag left, so if yours got any in, I'm sure they'll have some.

Beefeatergal I used the elastics around the dolls' shoes. Sneaky, huh? Lol

Amm are you talking about the price sticker? Mine all peeled right off. But then I ended up removing the tags anyway because they were hard to hide. Both stores I went to had tons of swag left, so if yours got any in, I'm sure they'll have some.

Beefeatergal I used the elastics around the dolls' shoes. Sneaky, huh? Lol

No, it's not the price sticker. That doesn't really bother me because it is in the back. They put another big white sticker over the front of the tag where it says the country. I've noticed they put stickers like that on most things I've ordered online. Not that big of a deal really, I just liked the tag because it says what country the doll is from --like the front of the dolls' boxes.

Congrats, Tink! It doesn't sound like you have her yet, but I know you'll love her. If you have France and don't plan to complete, I can see why you'd pass on Mexico, China, and Japan--they all have black hair and brown eyes, so there isn't much variation. HOWEVER! You mayyyy want to consider Kenya (if you haven't already). In person, she's the best of the collection so far (which isn't just according to me but anyone who's seen my room).

I'm not much of a plush fan, but I lovvvvvve the ones from this line. My fave is the hippo, but the kangaroo's nice, too, now that I have her. If you open your dolls, I'd recommend them, but if not, you can skip TBH.
I dont have the room for them all, but would love to have them all. Im only getting the ones that I REALLY love. Although I keep eyeing a few. I wish I had the room.

I keep thinking about deboxing them but as far as keeping them as collector's items I think in the long run it will be better to keep them boxed.

I really love India, Mexico (Im considering her because she is so pretty and also one of my fave countries at Epcot) and maybe Japan (also a fave country at Epcot).

I just realized that the ones I really like are all countries at Epcot. LOL. Maybe I should only collect the ones that represent World Showcase pavillions. LOL.

She gave me 4 of each:

Stickers are cool! I think I'll check ebay for a flag. Im sure there are some since everything Disney gets sold on ebay from people. LOL

So... my boyfriend stopped at the Disney store for me today to ask if they had any left over Small World stuff and the CM wouldn't give it to him because "that was only for people who attended the event." :wat:!!!??? Luckily, he asked someone else as he was walking out and that very kind CM gave him a flag AND a free CD with 7 different versions of the SW song! So happy that I now have a flag to display with my dolls! (Well, as soon as I find the space to display them! LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back