• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

"it's a small world" Animators Collection Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
"it's a small world" Animators Collection Dolls
Wasn't there a Cowboy It's a Small World doll???? Does anybody have pics of him? :(

Thought you guys might want to see this. It's a calendar!
7e128323c51d87e03133bbbc4f11d123.jpg

Oh it was exclusive to a D23 event. Never mind. I'm not about to chase a $15
item for 3x the price. It's really cool though!

Just saw one on ebay for $50.

In my refusal to let this thread / line die, I'm going to spam the place with some proper pictures of my collection taken with a proper camera.

(Please release more, please, please, PLEASSSSSE)

it's a small world - Africa by Blaine*, on Flickr

it's a small world - China by Blaine*, on Flickr

it's a small world - England and Holland by Blaine*, on Flickr

it's a small world - France by Blaine*, on Flickr

it's a small world - India and Australia by Blaine*, on Flickr

it's a small world - Japan and Argentina by Blaine*, on Flickr

it's a small world - Rain Forest by Blaine*, on Flickr

it's a small world - Mexico and Hawaii by Blaine*, on Flickr

it's a small world - Earth by Blaine*, on Flickr

I seriously love your collection so much!! I'm also still waiting for Disney to release more. Oh I am still hoping they will release more. Maybe during it's next anniversary. I just really want more dolls to be released.

If I had to pick just one (out of the countries released) it would be Kenya. I wish she had a forward glance, but she's still perfect as she is. If I could choose just one to be made, I'm torn between a cowboy and a Mexican boy in a sombrero.

I am still hoping they will release more. Maybe during it's next anniversary.

Yep, that's where my denial's at. They'll release more every April. In the meantime, I've started to work on customs from my extras (I have 10 to work with). I figure once I make my own Ireland doll (for example), Disney Store will release one, too...

If I had to pick just one (out of the countries released) it would be Kenya. I wish she had a forward glance, but she's still perfect as she is. If I could choose just one to be made, I'm torn between a cowboy and a Mexican boy in a sombrero.

Maybe if I would see them in person, I would change my mind.

I couldn't find one so I would make up a Hungary doll :D A girl wearing something like this: http://www.forgatagjelmez.hu/images/termek/dsc_0833.jpg

Edit: Pic is not mine

Last edited:
Yeah, I think the closest to Hungarian dolls are the Balkan dancers:

http://www.laughingplace.com/Showpi...World/big/P07-0004.jpg&caption=Balkan+dancers

Culturally there are similarities I think? But I can't picture any actual Hungarian dolls :(

But do you know what I just learned today? There are sports-related dolls in the Disneyland Paris ride!!! Football players for USA and hockey players for Canada. They're a bit funny compared to the other traditional-looking dolls, but I love them.

NOT my pics:

You're right, the look quite similar, maybe that's why ther isn't a hungary doll. And I think there is a cultural similarity too, since we lived next to each other for quite long. (We are a little noth from the Balkans.)
I've got another idea, maybe if it would be a boy, it could look like this:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-LwzCLK67b...s1600/582157_414913508532718_1464682521_n.jpg
Picture is not mine.
It' just a dream but it could be really pretty if they would make a couple :) But then every country should be represented by a couple. More dolls! :D
Sports related dolls sound interesting. Ant they look lovely, ant there are soo many sports that could be represented by a doll.

Yeah, I think the closest to Hungarian dolls are the Balkan dancers:

http://www.laughingplace.com/Showpi...World/big/P07-0004.jpg&caption=Balkan+dancers

Culturally there are similarities I think? But I can't picture any actual Hungarian dolls :(

But do you know what I just learned today? There are sports-related dolls in the Disneyland Paris ride!!! Football players for USA and hockey players for Canada. They're a bit funny compared to the other traditional-looking dolls, but I love them.

NOT my pics:

Quasi, I have a quick question for you...........your dolls are just too cute for words, I do not see in your pictures doll stands......do these dolls stand up on their own fairly well???

It looks a lot like our national costume, so maybe she is the Hungary doll.
It looks pretty. Thanks for looking for it and finding it :)

Quasi, I have a quick question for you...........your dolls are just too cute for words, I do not see in your pictures doll stands......do these dolls stand up on their own fairly well???

As far as I know, they can stand on their own. :)

Last edited:
Yep according to the note in the upper left hand corner she's Hungarian. If
the sketch was in color I might be able to picture her from the ride better.

Hi Libratina, the dolls aren't in stands in my sig, but in my display they are. I just try to hide them in their outfits. They do stand on their own but they're more stable and poseable with stands. Here's a close up:

Yep according to the note in the upper left hand corner she's Hungarian. If
the sketch was in color I might be able to picture her from the ride better.
Next time I'll need glasses. I didn't notice the note until you pointed it out. This could give you an idea what colors are usually used:
http://www.csillagjelmez.hu/gallery...DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1173&g2_serialNumber=8
http://m.blog.hu/ot/otthonunk/image/Kalocsai_hungarian_dress.jpg

Pictures are not mine :) The flower pattern is embroidered.

Last edited:
Thanks Quasi and Meritre, I am a deboxer so seems I need to look into some different sized doll stands and Quasi thank you for taking the time to show a close up.

LOL, there are lots of dresses with similar patterns in the Balkan section. I really like the dress in the 2nd link! Here's a link to 2 Balkan dresses that were on display at D23. They're really nice.
https://farm7.staticflickr.com/6200/6075518471_60df229fe9_n.jpg

And Libratina, I think your best bet for doll stands is to check craft stores. In Canada, Michael's used to carry them, but they stopped a couple years ago. I have NO idea where to get them here anymore, but I have about 20, so I'm good... for a while anyway!

LOL, there are lots of dresses with similar patterns in the Balkan section. I really like the dress in the 2nd link! Here's a link to 2 Balkan dresses that were on display at D23. They're really nice.
https://farm7.staticflickr.com/6200/6075518471_60df229fe9_n.jpg

And Libratina, I think your best bet for doll stands is to check craft stores. In Canada, Michael's used to carry them, but they stopped a couple years ago. I have NO idea where to get them here anymore, but I have about 20, so I'm good... for a while anyway!

Oh, they are so cute! I want a doll dressed in one of these! Holland doll might be a good choice or the hockey player girl with braids. But first, I need to get a job if I want any of these. :)

I know! Doll collecting is the worst when you're in school :(

I plan to make a Balkan dancer out of one of my spare Holland dolls (I've got 3 extras), but I plan to make her look more like the lighter haired doll in my first link above:

The one on the right, only I'm going to do something different with her hair... mostly because I can't really tell what's going on with her hair in that picture! I just want more dolls in my collection WITHOUT black hair. So far only 7 out of 9 dolls have dark hair. So I'm going to attempt to dye that bright yellow a light brown. Wish me luck!

It looks like it might be a bun with a braid coming out of it? If you look at the back of her dress, there's a braid dangling there. I... um, don't know how to do a French braid, lol. I'm going to give her Princess Leia style braids with ribbons weaved in. Is that unheard of for this type of costume? Be honest.

Hmm you're right once again, only I've never seen this hairstyle before, I mean the bun with the braid. Then again, I'm not an expert.
But braids with ribbons weaved in are the most common hairstyle and they are often pinned up like Princess Leias.
This is a really old picture I found on a page about old traditions. I couldn't insert it as a link so I inserted it as a picture:

05215.jpg

Hi! I just joined so I could browse your charming thread (it requested sign-up after clicking a few pages) .
I still haven't finished exploring the whole thread yet, but see some very nice collections and pictures.
I am curious, don't know if this line continues? Did they ever make a Gauchito doll to go with the green horse?

IASWSouvinierePage14.jpg~original

?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back