• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

"it's a small world" Animators Collection Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think these will be sold in Disney Stores. Maybe on the website, but mostly in the parks. I don't think they would do too well in store, but who knows! Personally I would love to see them there, it provides a taste of the park as well as some diversity! :) They're cute but they're not for me!

Apparently they are going to try to sell them in the stores, because the boxes have the DS logo in the upper left hand corner. I wouldn't be surprised if they're in select stores only, though. Maybe just the IP stores?

At first glance, I wrote them off because I never even got around to getting the original Rapunzel and Belle AC dolls I wanted and I have so little room. But that video sold me on the Japanese girl at the least, and the Hippo and Panda plushes! Those are two of my favorite animals in the ride, along with the koalas and the jaguar with the umbrella. And I'm one of the oddballs who could listen to the song ad nauseum and never get tired of it, so singing dolls are right up my alley. :D

Apparently they are going to try to sell them in the stores, because the boxes have the DS logo in the upper left hand corner.
Yeah, most signs point toward the dolls being sold in stores. Here's an article from Stitch Kingdom that talks about, if I understood correctly, these dolls being a sort of pre-empt to the ride's 50th anniversary coming up. Maybe it's the beginning of a promo / merchandising enterprise. All I know is I plan to buy 2 of the entire set. :sad: http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-its-a-small-world-singing-dolls-63819/

My CM said they will premiere at D23 but will be sold in stores, she said by September but they could launch earlier. There is a lot of merch coming in mid-August as the DS starts the holiday season.

There up on DS.com so cute! For per order! I may have to get some. I'm hinting for 3! as a birthday gift. I know I want Hawaii and I think Holland and maybe India or Japan. Which ones does everyone else like?

Last edited:
I love them all TBH, but my fave is the Dutch girl because she's the most different from all the others. Her colors really stand out and she's the only one with blue eyes (not that I love blue eyes, I just love uniqueness). I'm totally thrilled the British doll is a boy--even if he looks like a girl I'm happy to finally have a male DAC doll. I'm getting two of each of these for sure :D

I just went to the DS website, and they have the pictures of each doll, price, etc. but no preorder button. :/

In all my excitement I missed that there was no button. I went back to order and its not there.

I think these will actually sell pretty well. I would have loved them as a child. Here is what I'm thinking:

1) They are kind of like American Girls (only cuter IMO), and those sell like hotcakes

2) These have dolls from countries not often given in American merch

3) Small World is popular right now, think of the rent Lesportsac purses

4) They are "rare" characters so more collectors will be inclined to buy (unlike the princesses which get constant march, and have non-DS toddler dolls right now)

I agree with all of this. As a kid I really really wanted an American Girl doll but never got one (too expensive said mom). I also really loved porcelain dolls and any kind of doll from around the world. So I would have wanted ALL of these. I want them all now too, except I don't plan on collecting Animators dolls. These girls are making me rethink that.

I agree with all of this. As a kid I really really wanted an American Girl doll but never got one (too expensive said mom). I also really loved porcelain dolls and any kind of doll from around the world. So I would have wanted ALL of these. I want them all now too, except I don't plan on collecting Animators dolls. These girls are making me rethink that.

I had a few American girls as a tot and I loved them, these are WAY cuter though. I had a friend whose mom had a collection of small porcelain dolls from around the world and I wanted them so bad!

Kids and adults will love these. I told a co-worker I collect dolls, she asked what kind and I mentioned these and a few others and she freaked out! I sent her the links to Stitch Kingdom and she got really excited. Just goes to show, even non-doll folks are going to want these for nostalgia reasons. The song is annoying sometimes, but everyone went on the ride as a kid.

I think these are going to be one of those things were once Disney sells out of the stock they have made they won't re-release, so I am hoping to get my favorites first and try to complete the collection before Christmas.

Okay, something is really fishy with the DS site. The Small World dolls were up on the site all weekend with no order button, so I thought they were waiting until this morning to put the pre-order button on there. So, I went on the DS site earlier this morning before it was updated and it said sold out. I just thought it was a glitch. I went back on the site when it updated, and now they're not on the site at all. What's going on? Needless to say, I'm a little disappointed.

I was just going through the Disney Store facebook page and found these comments from a cast member:

"Currently you can preview the Small World Animator Dolls on Disneystore.com. They will be available for purchase the first week in October."

"Guests will have the opportunity to purchase the Small World Animator Dolls. A pre-order option will not be required."

So, I guess it was just a preview and not an actual pre-order. I hope so, because I really really want these dolls.

Also, I tried to post the links, but it didn't go through the first time.

http://www.disneystore.com/its-a-small-world-england-doll-16-pre-order/mp/1338512/1000259/
http://www.disneystore.com/its-a-small-world-france-doll-16-pre-order/mp/1338508/1000259/
http://www.disneystore.com/its-a-small-world-india-doll-16-pre-order/mp/1338510/1000259/
http://www.disneystore.com/its-a-small-world-japan-doll-16-pre-order/mp/1338506/1000259/
http://www.disneystore.com/its-a-small-world-kenya-doll-16-pre-order/mp/1338504/1000259/
http://www.disneystore.com/its-a-small-world-hawaii-doll-16-pre-order/mp/1338500/1000259/
http://www.disneystore.com/its-a-small-world-holland-doll-16-pre-order/mp/1338502/1000259/

Last edited:
I'm so disappointed. I went to order 3 of them today and POOF! Like everyone has said there gone.. ;(

I had the dolls on my iPad history. I looked at 2 of them and says sold out! So sad! I'm hopping its a glitch!

I had the dolls on my iPad history. I looked at 2 of them and says sold out! So sad! I'm hopping its a glitch!

They were never listed for sale. When the site was updated, the links were deactivated, for whatever reason. They may have needed to pull the listings to update the price or something.

For some reason my posts with links won't go through, but I read some comments from a cast member on the Disney Store facebook page saying that they were on the site as a preview, and that they were going on sale in October, no pre-order required.

Yeah, the dolls are open edition, so none of us need to worry about them. Since they're celebrating the anniverary of the ride, they should be accessible all next year. Which is why I won't feel guilty buying two of each one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back