• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

"it's a small world" Animators Collection Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
"it's a small world" Animators Collection Dolls
My first few small world customs are well under way. I finished the first required reroot yesterday. Is it very obvious who it used to be? I guess it doesn't really matter since she'll look different styled and costumed.

it's a small reroot by Blaine*, on Flickr

Wow thanks so much!!!!!! Her hair doesn't photograph very well, but it was my first boil perm and it went a lot better than I expected. It really works! I hate to admit how much work she was because of my own mistakes. The first time I rooted her bangs, I left her forehead too big and had to redo them. Here's a pic:

For anyone unfamiliar with the doll in the ride, here are a couple
pics (she's the one in the middle)

She turned out really really great! And don't worry about the mistakes, I suppose you learned a lot after all. And it was worth, she's so beautiful! I think her apron is my favourite detail.
And extra thanks for the pictures from the ride for I'm not familiar with the ride at all)

Thanks, guys. I'm really glad you like her, because she was a lot more work that I expected, lol. Their heads take a long time to reroot since they're so big :D

So, while I'm working on the others, I thought I'd share a funny picture I found online while looking for closeups of dolls from the ride (to help me work). I was wondering when we'd start to see knockoff dolls now that some of them are going for a lot of money on the secondary market. However, I was hoping they'd look a little better than this:

Isn't she so funny? England, India, and Hawaii are the big ticket dolls from this line, but Mexico and China are catching up, so I'm sure counterfeits of them will pop up soon enough.

And for those who aren't familiar with the Rio de Janeiro (Carnival) part of the ride, here are a couple pics to show where my Brazil custom comes from:

Oh, haha, she was actually the first one I finished, then I sat her on a shelf to see if I wanted to make any changes. I tweaked some of her paint then considered adding rhinestones to make her flashier. I decided, nope, and finally posted.

BUT while she's been sitting on a shelf, I've been working on others, so the next one might SEEM to be done really fast, but I've been working on her for weeks (I started her second, before Italy, then shelved her out of frustration).

But thanks of course :)

More dolls to look forward to! When I'm finished with my exams I plan to do a doll project of some kind :)
I would probably need months to finish one. :)

It's a total fluke I picked up all the extras I did. Do you remember when they were supposed to release 4 more countries? I was convinced it would still eventually happen, so I grabbed 8 dolls because I had some extra cash and I wanted to make an exchange the moment they were released--still in denial. And then when they went on clearance, I panicked and grabbed a few extras.

Keep an eye on Craigs list and classified sites like that. I managed to grab an extra France and an extra Holland (otherwise I would've been short for all the dolls I want to do).

Also, in my everlasting denial, I'm hoping the powers that be might see these customs and think, 'Hm, maybe we did end this line too soon'. I'll never give up hope!

Not sure if anyone missed these and regretted it, but the PM small world dolls have restocked. They're not for me, but they're cute if you like PM and iasw I guess.

http://www.disneystore.com/its-a-small-world-doll-set-by-precious-moments/mp/1358458/1000259/

Maybe you could customize Disney Animator dolls?

The mold wouldn't work, sadly. For some of them, you could go the other way around, though, like dress Hawaii in Pocahontas's DAC outfit to look like the Pocahontas on the ride.

Who knows? Maybe with the parks' 65th anniversary this year, they'll add a few more dolls to this collection. They're releasing other park-related dolls for the occasion, so anything's possible, right?

Not sure if anyone missed these and regretted it, but the PM small world dolls have restocked. They're not for me, but they're cute if you like PM and iasw I guess.

http://www.disneystore.com/its-a-small-world-doll-set-by-precious-moments/mp/1358458/1000259/

The mold wouldn't work, sadly. For some of them, you could go the other way around, though, like dress Hawaii in Pocahontas's DAC outfit to look like the Pocahontas on the ride.

Who knows? Maybe with the parks' 65th anniversary this year, they'll add a few more dolls to this collection. They're releasing other park-related dolls for the occasion, so anything's possible, right?

I hope they'll add more dolls but these dolls completely disappeared from the online stores and that isn't a good sign, I think. :(

I didn't know that Pocahontas is there, too, thanks for the picture!

Won't let me edit my previous post, so:

Introducing Brazil

Brazil couple:

I finished another doll last week, but she's too big to fit on my shelves right now, so I haven't taken proper pics. After I build her a place to be displayed, I'll share (maybe this weekend). In the meantime, I'm doing a complete reroot, so it will be a while before I finish my next one.

4 down, 8 to go... then I don't know what I'm going to do with myself... Hopefully they'll release more before it comes to that :(

Introducing Brazil

This is so adorable! Where did you get that hat? Your work on these is really impressive. Which doll is this? How did you get the hair so curly? I hope when you are all done you will take a photo to show us all of them lined up together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back