• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

"it's a small world" Animators Collection Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
"it's a small world" Animators Collection Dolls
A CM told me some exciting news yesterday--if it's true. He said Disney always intended to add more countries to this line every year if they sell well, and they have been. The (maybe) bad news is that they only plan to sell them for the holiday season, so you can expect these to disappear from shelves in the New Year.

Now that I've been given hope to expect more dolls, I want to spam this thread with pix of some other cute Small World dolls. I found these pix by searching the internet; none of them are mine. They're from random blogs and such, so no hate. I'm just sharing them.

If they do more plushies, I really need this camel:

As a Canadian, I think it's my duty to want the Royal Mountie:

I found a blog with a whole bunch of pix, so here they are in no particular order.

Russia:

Israel:

Brazil:

Italy:

Germany:

Seriously, I want them all...

Thanks for the update, Quasimodo. I love it's a small world, it's my absolute favorite ride and I also heard a rumor that they'd be extending the line- adding a few more dolls after the new year. I don't know if it's true or not and have found no info on it but it's still exciting to think about. Japan is on my Christmas list but I'd love a Mexican doll as that is reflective of my own culture. :)

I hope Scotland comes soon;) I would love a Malta one as well but unfortunately, the closest I'll probably get to it is the Italy doll:) my grandfather is from Malta, I hope to visit there one day, it looks beautiful!

A CM just told me a rumor that they plan to get in 3 more countries in the near future, maybe as soon as the New Year. Again, I never believe these things until I see the actual product, but it's exciting enough that I thought I'd share. Only 3, though? I built my shelves to support sets of 7. I hope the number's a rumor.

She also said she heard one of the countries will be..... MEXICO!!!! That would mean I'd get one of my Mariachi kids. Hopefully the boy. He's so much cuter. I'm posting the pic again and I don't even care.

anyone seen france, india, japan and Hawaii "its a small world" animator dolls in the uk?? I decided to get them in the end but I think its a bit too late as I cant find them :(

Okay, I can finally update with concrete (but a little confusing) news.

There will be 4 new small world dolls sometime in the near future. No pix have been released, or a date, but the countries are confirmed.

1) dun dun dunnnnn MEXICO! It's for sure now. I don't know if it's the boy or the girl, but pllllllease be the boy!
2) Spain! Okay, that might be a little too similar to Mexico in the costuming, but maybe they'll go together
3) USA. Oh, please let it be a cowboy!
4) and this is the confusing one... North America? Isn't that a whole continent?

So 3 of the dolls are North American and 2 are Spanish-speaking dolls. Variety? Meh, I'll take whatever comes my way. The CM couldn't give me any more information than that, but it's enough to keep me on the edge of my seat :D

I really want to know what you guys think the North America one means. I'm thinking it could be a Cherokee or an Inuit or a Royal Mountie (but I doubt that last one a lot). Or maybe it's exclusive to the North American stores the way Holland isn't sold in the parks. Technically all these dolls are American (either North or South), so this is a really strange mix.

No Germany or Ireland for now... but I'm sure we'll see them someday!

i hope the mexico one is the boy too! but i have a sinking feeling it's going to be the girl... (but disney! you already have the little france girl! and their outfits have many similarities so please give us the mariachi boy!!)

ahh! as for the US one! now i have really high expectations that it's going to be the little cowboy from a couple pages ago.
i'll be so disappointed if it's not!!

thank you for the update!!

EDIT:
OMG if that 4th IS canada i hope it's the mountie boy!!
i'm going to spend so much money on this wave, oh god...

Last edited:
The more I think about it the more I think the USA / North American thing is going to be a cowboy and an Indian like in the picture below. I know there were a LOT of complaints about the lack of an American entry, and what says Americana more than cowboys and Indians?

I can live with that! I'd get two of
my most wanted (because I've decided they're doing the mariachi boy lol)

Okay, I can finally update with concrete (but a little confusing) news.

There will be 4 new small world dolls sometime in the near future. No pix have been released, or a date, but the countries are confirmed.

1) dun dun dunnnnn MEXICO! It's for sure now. I don't know if it's the boy or the girl, but pllllllease be the boy!
2) Spain! Okay, that might be a little too similar to Mexico in the costuming, but maybe they'll go together
3) USA. Oh, please let it be a cowboy!
4) and this is the confusing one... North America? Isn't that a whole continent?

So 3 of the dolls are North American and 2 are Spanish-speaking dolls. Variety? Meh, I'll take whatever comes my way. The CM couldn't give me any more information than that, but it's enough to keep me on the edge of my seat :D

I really want to know what you guys think the North America one means. I'm thinking it could be a Cherokee or an Inuit or a Royal Mountie (but I doubt that last one a lot). Or maybe it's exclusive to the North American stores the way Holland isn't sold in the parks. Technically all these dolls are American (either North or South), so this is a really strange mix.

No Germany or Ireland for now... but I'm sure we'll see them someday!

YEY, SPAIN!!!! I need this one too!!! Thank you for posting the info. As for the costumes of Mexico and Spain they should be nothing alike as they both have their own distinct features in clothing. I cannot wait to see them, super excited!!! :D Olé

Aw man, I feel SO stupid. After all these years of calling those dolls mariachi kids, I've JUST realized they're flamenco kids. The Spanish doll is probably going to be based on her and the Mexican doll is probably going to be a boy in a poncho and a sombrero, like the ones in this link:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/bananaphone5000/NEWGORILLA/11-67_SW_Mexico.jpg

I'm sad that the boy with the (flamenco) guitar probably isn't coming out, but the Mexican boys are cute, too.

Okay I'm done bugging you guys with this for now :)

Your not stupid anyone could have made the same mistake. :)
As for the dolls, the Flamenco dress is exactly what I am hoping for. Do you have any idea as to when they might be released?

anyone could have made the same mistake.

I feel legitimately ignorant mixing up Spanish and Mexican, so ignorant I had to go to Google and see if anyone else thought those flamenco dolls were Mexican. I don't know if I should feel better or worse that I'm not alone, lol.

Annnnnd, while I was at it, I went looking for more pix of dolls. I found a good shot of the Mexican dolls, and while I think the boys are super cute, I have a feeling they're going to opt for the girl instead. As cute as she is in the background there with her flowers in her hair, I worry she'll be too similar to other dolls. But you know Disney and their love for girl dolls...

I also found a pic of a Spanish dancer. He reminds me of Ricky Ricardo when he would do his Spanish / Cuban dances on I Love Lucy

And here's a nicer pic of a flamenco girl. I'm not crazy about polka dots, but I'm sure it'll add variety to the collection (I don't think for a second the Spanish doll will be a boy and will probably look similar to this doll).

Last edited:
Amazing pictures! I used to take Flamenco lessons when I was a little girl and our dress was in polka dots, they usually are when its little girls dancing, but they also come in solid colors. It would be really nice if they also placed the castanets in the their hands which we would also practice with, it's traditionally used throughout Spain in the Flamenco dance :) I cannot wait for these! Beyond excited!! :D

I didnt realize you were mixing up flamenco and mariachi, and I was soooooo confused as to where the mariachi pic was! haha

maybe because I live the in Southwest and there are the always little girls in the colorful dresses doing the Mexican dances, but I REALLY want the girl doll.

Castanets! What a great idea. They've been pretty good with the accessories on these dolls, so I wouldn't be too surprised, provided the dolls in the ride have them (you'd think they would).

I forgot to mention above that I have no idea when they come out. The only thing I've heard is 'soon', and the first I heard they were in production was almost two months ago, so it must be in the next month or so, no?

Do you think they're all going to be girls? The only reason I have hope for more boys is the English boy has been the biggest seller of this collection. Maybe he was a test to see if boy dolls will sell. Yeah, I know, I'm reaching, lol.

I wonder if they'll be releasing more plushies, too...

Last edited:
Wow, the dolls just keep coming! The CM updated me to let me know they're also releasing China and Africa (not to be confused with Kenya--Africa is in addition to her).

So there are actually SIX more iasw dolls coming out! Still no dates or pictures, but the countries are confirmed.

I've been digging around, looking at iasw dolls that have been released in the past by other toy companies, and the Native American dolls were called America, so I think it's pretty safe to say that's the North America doll. And she seems a pretty standard release, so... yeah. Africa is a standard release, too. I'm not too fond of the Spain and Mexico dolls that have been released in the past. I'm hoping these are going to be far superior.

I'm really anxious to see China. Most of the China dolls I can think of in the ride have very elaborate costumes. I wonder how they'll simplify it for the dolls. So in summary:

1) Africa
2) China
3) Mexico
4) North America
5) Spain
6) USA

Whatttttt! I can't wait!!

Castanets! What a great idea. They've been pretty good with the accessories on these dolls, so I wouldn't be too surprised, provided the dolls in the ride have them (you'd think they would).

I forgot to mention above that I have no idea when they come out. The only thing I've heard is 'soon', and the first I heard they were in production was almost two months ago, so it must be in the next month or so, no?

Do you think they're all going to be girls? The only reason I have hope for more boys is the English boy has been the biggest seller of this collection. Maybe he was a test to see if boy dolls will sell. Yeah, I know, I'm reaching, lol.

I wonder if they'll be releasing more plushies, too...

I think the castanets would be a great accessory, im crossing my fingers they add them to the doll.

I don't think they will all be girls, I think they will vary, it would be nice to see boys too. I also think new plushies is a great idea! :) So excited, I really hope they don't take too long to release.

I'm really excited for the new dolls especially the Mexico doll. I am really hoping for a mexican boy but I am worried that since the hat is too tall they wont be able to fit it in the boxes. So they might just make the doll a girl. Unless of course they shrink the hat a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back