• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

"it's a small world" Animators Collection Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
"it's a small world" Animators Collection Dolls
The Mexican doll is very disappointing. It isn't very easy to distinguish as being Mexican. I too was hoping for the little boy wearing a sombrero. Dang.

The Mexican doll is pretty cute. I have been thinking about collecting these for a while now. If I get any from the first wave I would want the Dutch and India gals. The Mexican girl is really cute though! Can't wait to see what other countries they release :D

I think what makes the mexico girl a little disappointing is her dress. I believe they could have done a lot better with designing her dress to make it closer to the ride's small world Mexican girl. It looks a bit cheap and the fact that both china and mexico have the same exact shoes as the England doll's makes me thing they rushed on designing them. But I still love them both.

Just so everyone knows, a staff member at my local DS confirmed that the gatekeepers do check online to see what collectors want (they also check with store staff to see what customers say), so if we all speak up about the disappointment in the lack a Mexican BOY, I think they'll hear it. Seriously, we need to start a revolution to get more boy dolls. This is getting ridiculous.

Okay, I'm probably not as angry as I sound, but I want boy dolls!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with the comments here. I felt they might've been rushed, too. Or maybe my expectations were too high. I'm still getting a pair of each, but I hope the next 4 in the works are more impressive. It's my fault, I guess, for convincing myself Disney would be smart enough to make the little Mexican boy. What a missed opportunity :(

I was so excited for a mexican boy though. I also believed that Disney would be smart enough to make the mexico doll a boy. I kinda think they should have made the mexican girl's skin a bit darker. I think they might release those dolls on April 22 since I heard disney is planning something special for the ride's anniversary on that day.

I think they are both cute -- and I will definitely be adding them to my collection -- but I do feel they could have done more with them. I don't know, I can't really put my finger on it, but they just seem to be lacking something. I understand what everyone is saying about how it looks like they were rushed. However, it's possible they might look better in person.

Awww.. like both! But was also mostly hoping for a Mexico theme boy. Got the Kenya doll and my son wants one, he likes they sing ^^.

93691aa7f265ea6e4381279d4cf406a0.jpg
I would have loved for the Mexico girl dress to look like either of this(not the exact colors). And be a little more tan :) Will probably still buy her. I really want the China doll and Japan to display them next to each other hehe...

1000x1000.jpg
looking forward to the next ones.

Yussssss! Two of the new small world dolls are out!... In the Uk at least :D

But that means they should be in North America in the next few weeks. I've been waiting FOREVER for these.

China:
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/its-a-...y-animators-collection-doll/mp/69674/1000208/
I'm not as blown away as I was hoping to be. Her outfit's a bit simple (I can't even picture this particular look from the ride, but I'm sure it's there somewhere)

Mexico:
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/its-a-...y-animators-collection-doll/mp/69676/1000208/
I like her better than China, but I'm sad it's not a boy in a sombrero and poncho. I will honestly take it personal if none of the new 6 end up being boys. I might even flame off on the DS Facebook page.

4 more to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both are much more simple than what I was hoping for. I have been wanting to collect the Small World dolls because it's always been my favorite ride, but my funds have been tied up in the LE dolls. Now that these ones are out, will they stop making the first 6? If so I better go buy them. England seems to have already vanished in my area. Anyone seen him at their store lately? He's not online for US either. :(

I am half Mexican and half Japanese, so I already bought the Japanese doll for my daughter (I still need one for my collection). I was very happy with her. I am a little disappointed with Mexico. I know most of you wanted a boy, but I was really hoping for a girl dressed in a brightly colored folk dance dress rather than a Puebla dress. Mostly because as a young girl I learned many of the traditional dances and participated in shows and competitions.

15de6f62-3d6a-46e7-8354-b7aa12cac06f_zpsf5cf745a.jpg

This was the only photo I could find. The dress is peach, but most of the others were much more colorful. I do think a little boy in a sombrero would have been adorable too though! I still think she is very pretty, and will definitely buy her. This is just what I was hoping for....

I'm so excited to see who is released next! Can't wait for them to be available in the US!

Hello DarlingDame,
The England doll also sold out in both my local store and online. I heard they were limited edition. I absolutely love that folk dress you wore. I think the doll would have looked better with that type of dress. I am sure that the dress the doll wears is suppose to look like the one in the ride:
tumblr_n2g8xyKDtb1rrdy67o1_250.png

(sorry for the quality I couldn't find a better quality pic of her)

I still can't make up my mind to pick up the IASW dolls or not. What I REALLY want is a set of Animators Villains, especially Maleficent, Evil Queen, Queen of hearts and.... Hans! (How cute would that be?!)

Last edited:
Hello DarlingDame,
The England doll also sold out in both my local store and online.
I'm not sure what's going on with him. He sold out at all 4 of my local stores before Christmas and then never came back, even though all the other 6 have restocked a couple times. I was told they were only producing the one run before they focused on the next wave, so maybe they didn't make as many of him? Or maybe England got the biggest batch, because he never sold out on the UK site as far as I know. CSMs don't always have all the info, so it's hard to say.

Just so everyone knows, a staff member at my local DS confirmed that the gatekeepers do check online to see what collectors want (they also check with store staff to see what customers say), so if we all speak up about the disappointment in the lack a Mexican BOY, I think they'll hear it. Seriously, we need to start a revolution to get more boy dolls. This is getting ridiculous.

Okay, I'm probably not as angry as I sound, but I want boy dolls!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with the comments here. I felt they might've been rushed, too. Or maybe my expectations were too high. I'm still getting a pair of each, but I hope the next 4 in the works are more impressive. It's my fault, I guess, for convincing myself Disney would be smart enough to make the little Mexican boy. What a missed opportunity :(
I dont have the room to collect them all so I have to be selective. I think both of the new ones are actually very cute, but Ill pass.

But I agree...

Who ever is listening...MORE BOY DAC DOLLS PLEASE!!!! LOL

Germany BETTER be a boy in leiderhosen or Ill be very disappointed.

When everyone picks up their Frozen pre order tomorrow ask lots of questions about the IASW dolls! Maybe combined we can get some more concrete answers!

That's a good idea. I just hope you all have better luck with getting more information on the dolls. I went yesterday and the cast member knew nothing about them.

The Houston Galleria Disney store CM said the Mexico and China dolls are in their next floor set so they should arrive before the end of the month!

Thanks for posting! China's a BIT cuter with the longer hair. I still like Mexico better... and would like Mexico EVEN better if it were a boy instead :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back