• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

It's sad when you have a bad day & wish for pins to be in the mail to make you smile!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sad when you have a bad day & wish for pins to be in the mail to make you smile!

heyyouwannatrade

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
You ever have one of THOSE DAYS where everything drives you crazy? Yeah, that has been today for me. What I find so funny is that when I got home to pull up and check the mail I found myself hoping there would be a pin in the mail b/c at that THAT would make me smile. :lol: Pathetic huh?? There were two trades that I knew would be here today or tomorrow but I guess both will be tomorrow now. Tell me I am not the only crazy person who is cheered up so much just by a pin package. :hs:

nope, you're not the only one =) whenever i'm expecting something and i see it in the mailbox, i have a grin all the way home from the mailbox, and sometimes am already sawing at the package with my key because i can't wait to see the pin(s) inside!! =)

Pft! I am ALWAYS happy when I see an LBE in the mailbox! (I also recently ordered a pin bag off e-Bay and the seller was great, I got it in a couple of days, and boy, was I excited!) :bigthumb:

Hannette

i know the feeling as well,those days when works is terrible,the kids are just as bad,and the hubby is a pain ifind comfort in the knowledge that i have something waiting just for me.it makes me happy,i could dance.

Sometimes when I know that pins are coming I can't help but keep looking out the window to see if the mail has come. My mailman knows how much I love pins and if I have more than one envelope, he brings them to the door or sounds the horn so I know they are there. They just make me happy and cheer me up when I'm down. My motto is : Bad day - Pin Play.

Glad to know I am not alone. I felt silly when I pulled up to the mailbox and thought PLEASE let there be pins in here. Bummed when I opened it up to only see a Lowes flyer. Darn!

Seriously, first I was running behind picking the kids up for school, then I get caught behind a tractor on the road which delayed me even more. I finally get there and the principal pretty much lets me have it in front of 15 other people standing there for being so late (I had been running behind a few times lately but only by about 3-5 minutes). I wanted to cry. It was so embarrassing. :( So I go to the post office to drop off packages and my 8 year old grabs the one I just put the postage on and puts it in the drop box while I am working on another. I realize he grabbed it without me putting the DC label on it so I have to go inside and wait in the 25 minute line to ask if somebody can get it as I just paid for the DC for it in the machine but forgot to add the label. They go look and it is already gone... on the truck. They get somebody to come out and help me and she grabs the dc and runs to get it on the package in time so I am hoping she got it. Margaret, it is your pin so please let me know if it comes with the dc on it...haha I leave there and head out to get my 4 year old from school and can not get to the parking lot so I have to wait another 15 minutes just to pull in. THEN the kids wanted to fight on the way home. Needless to say I was quite annoyed when I finally pulled up. Ok, so really, this stuff is not a HUGE deal compared to things other people go through but it is enough to really annoy you and make you wish for a little cheering up! HAHA!

Ok, vent over for today. ;)

Last edited:
dont worry today i just found out that baseball pics are the day of the alice unevent,they were just gonna skip there games and stay with my dad all weekend but now i have to make sure i have someone to take them to their picture day.my oldest i have a million pics of him playing,but my 4 yrolds 1st year i want his taken.ugh.i just keep telling myself not to worry itll work itself out.

I could really use a pin in my mail box today.....It has been a really really bad day.....And you are right...It does make a huge differance however pathetic it may seem to the outside world...

I am worse! I actually get a little sad when I don't receive a LBE these days. I been waiting for some pins for awhile now and I don't wait well! :lol: Some days I peek out the window for the mailman like :anxious:. I think I need help. :hs:

I finally get there and the principal pretty much lets me have it in front of 15 other people standing there for being so late (I had been running behind a few times lately but only by about 3-5 minutes). I wanted to cry. It was so embarrassing.

Um, WTH? I'd rip him or her a new one, you're one of the parents, not one of the children! What a jerk!

Hannette

Um, WTH? I'd rip him or her a new one, you're one of the parents, not one of the children! What a jerk!

Hannette

Normally I would to be honest. I just had no idea what to say. I had my son standing there as well as his teacher, my childhood best friends mom and more than 10 other people who work there. I was seriously almost in tears. I just smiled and kept saying ok. I had no idea at the time what else to say in front of so many people. Now had she taken me in private to have this conversation things would have been different. I would have explained why I was late and such but in front of that many people including my 8 year old I just did not want to make a scene and honestly I was so embarrassed that everyone could hear her I just wanted to leave asap. I am thinking for the rest of this week I will go into the school at 2pm to pick him up and tell them I am picking him up early from school just to be sure I am not late so that I don't inconvenience anyone...lol I really can't help but to want to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back