Its that time of year.... Get them while you can!!!

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by KT07, Aug 10, 2018.

?

Have you had these wonderful LE fruits? If so do you like them?

1. No. Never had them.

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Yes. Have had them once.

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Yes. Love them.

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Yes. Didn't like them.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. KT07

KT07 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Many of you know already, but for those that do not.... It is LE Cotton Candy Grape time. These are special LE grapes that are only grown here in the Central Valley. They are a new grape and only been on the market for a few years. The first shipment of these wonderful LE grapes are hitting stores already. If you have not tried them or want to get them again, now is the time. Best of luck to everyone. Enjoy them if you find sum.

DeputyDonald likes this.
  2. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    262   0   0

Thanks for the reminder!

I grabbed a bag to try the last time my local store had them. I think they smelled more like cotton candy than they tasted, but they weren't bad (definitely sweeter than normal grapes!). If my store has them on sale again I might get a small bag and freeze them to try them that way.

KT07 likes this.
  3. KT07

KT07 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Diffently eat them cold. The temp helps bring out the tannins. My kids end up trying to get as many bags as we can. They will only be around for a 2-3 weeks tops.

pincrazy likes this.
  4. khossler

khossler Moana and Toy Story Collector!

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

What in the world?! How have I never had these before?! Does every grocery store have them?

KT07 likes this.
  5. KT07

KT07 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

No they are LE grapes. I'm not trying to play around. This is serious food stuff. They have only been on the market for a few years. Only one grower has them and they are not letting it out to other growers. So for now you can only get them for a limited amount of time and in limited amounts.
    Look them up online and than go find them. You have never ate a grape that is this sweet. The sugar levels are crazy.
    Good luck and enjoy if you get lucky. Post here if you find any.

Connies_Hobby likes this.
  6. pincrazy

pincrazy Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

If you don't mind paying their prices, Gelson's Market usually carry them. :p

KT07 likes this.
  7. khossler

khossler Moana and Toy Story Collector!

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Whatttttt! I’m gonna have to find these!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KT07 likes this.
  8. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    108   0   0

I have seen them in Ohio before - a year or two ago. I have not seen any this year. Never tried them.

KT07 likes this.
  9. xdattax

xdattax Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

Seems like Publix gets them. I’ll have to look next time i go.

KT07 likes this.
  10. theoucharis

theoucharis Active Member

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0

We love them. We have found them at Wegmans.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

11. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I've found them before at Whole Foods. I haven't looked for them this year, but I see no reason to believe that Whole Foods wouldn't carry them again.

DeputyDonald and KT07 like this.
  12. Connies_Hobby

Connies_Hobby SPREADING the DISNEY PIN MAGIC!!

Rating - 100%
    107   0   0

LE grapes you say. Hmm. I'm going to look them up immediately. Ty.

13. Connies_Hobby

Rating - 100%
    107   0   0

Google didn't come up with any under LE grapes?

14. AlaskanMalamute

AlaskanMalamute Active Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

Here’s the link technically they aren’t LE. It’s more limited supply as there’s only so much they can harvest and the they are gone until next year. The strain is unique to this grower but is grown year after year. So limited quantity is more so the case.

Store locator didn’t work for me.

Cotton Candy®

Connies_Hobby and KT07 like this.
  15. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    262   0   0

I see them sometimes at Ralphs.

16. KT07

KT07 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

They are a specialty food so not cheap. They are usally 3-5 Dollars per lb. the are delicious and worth it to try something new and different.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  17. KT07

KT07 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Technically...... Lol. Jk. Yes like I said. They are only grown by one farm and in one county in one state. So they are limited quantity for a limited time. The grower is trying to add vines each year but this will stay a small specialty fruit girl years to come. The most important part about them is to try and find some. You will be happy if you do.

18. Connies_Hobby

Rating - 100%
    107   0   0

Thank you for the info. My search last night did bring up Cotton Candy grapes. I will be on the hunt for them.

19. KT07

KT07 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

The grower is named the Grapery. If you go to their website you can get info on who has the grapes and also the dates for each grape.

Be on the look out for Witches Fingers. They should be around in October.

20. a4matte

a4matte Poor Unfortunate Soul

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

YES! I LOOOOOVVEEE the cotton candy and moon drop grapes!

And then in February sometime the Sumo Citrus show up in stores!

21. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

It looks like the Whole Foods I went to yesterday either sold out of the cotton candy grapes, didn't get them yet, or isn't going to get them (because they didn't have them and they usually do) ... but they did have something I never saw before called tear drop grapes and they are Ah-Maz-Ing. I'm curious, though; are the moon drop grapes the same as the tear drop grapes?

And OMGosh, yes, I absolutely adore sumo citrus. I go through so many of them while they're in season, it isn't even funny. It's almost embarrassing, really.

22. KT07

KT07 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Those are Witches Fingers. But they changed the name because some people say they do not like eating fingers or something like that.

23. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

That's what I thought, they do look a little like fingers. But you said witches fingers come out in October, so I figured it would be too early for those grapes. In that case, now I need to keep looking for the cotton candy grapes and start looking for moon drop grapes - and probably go back and buy more of the tear drop grapes while I can!

24. AlaskanMalamute

AlaskanMalamute Active Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

Just picked some up at the Sams club in Concord. If anyone is still looking for them in the Northern California.

[​IMG]

25. KT07

KT07 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Those are the ones. Wish we still had the around here. Next year I'm goi g to buy extra and put some in the freezer for the winter. Lol