• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I've been posting, so I better say Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been posting, so I better say Hi!

hopemax

DPF Super Moderator
Staff member
DPF Super Moderator
Rating - 100%
202   0   0
My name is Hope, and I've been collecting Disney pins since my Dad brought me my first two home from a business trip in 1990. So that means I have a lot of different collections and don't really know the phrase "limit your collection." Although, most of what I collect are open edition pins, so not to get too stressed about about the pins I don't have.

My collections range from parks, resorts, Dumbo, Alice, Beauty & the Beast, 4th of July (it's my anniversary), and other holiday pins. And my DH collects Pluto, Rafiki and Haunted Mansion pins.

My biggest pin success story is completing the Disneyland 1998 attraction series set. When my DH and I were on our DL honeymoon in 1998, I saw all the pins and thought, "I would love them all, but who would ever spend $400 on pins at one time!" So I tried to limit myself to just the ones I liked. That total came out to be over $100, and "Who ever would spend $100 on pins at one time!" So I ended up bringing home just one of those pins. This one:
pin4569
. The next year, my parents brought me back the Mr Toad pin. And then Disney announced pin trading. Thanks to a wonderful lady from the DISboards, she found a bunch of them marked down to $1 at the Disney outlet store, and took orders. Trading in the parks, online, buying online and at pin sales. I finally completed the set in 2005, finding the last pin I needed. This one
pin929

I have, of course, spent more than $100 or $400 on pins during the same vacation, on probably a dozen trips since then. I live in CO, so trips aren't too frequent. I haven't been to Disneyland since 2006. But my parents retired to the Orlando area, so I am able to get out that way twice a year.

Hello there Hope and welcome to the forum. Your story gives me confidence that I'll someday complete my HM Amenities collection and the Scoop and Friends Collection someday too.

Aloha Hope and Welcome! :wavey:

Thanks for sharing your wonderful story with us. We hope to have many more posts from you in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back