• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Jessica as Alice Pin - Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessica as Alice Pin - Need Help!

Masamune

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Hi everyone! I've possibly secured a trade for my top Holy Grail, which is very exciting! The only problem is that unfortunately, the trader can't guarantee the authenticity of the pin. :) He's a well-known/reliable trader, who was honest about not knowing the authenticity and was happy to provide pics. On the left is the traders own Jessica as Alice, which is 100% authentic. On the right is the one he acquired as a trader. They look pretty much identical, but I know on the fakes, it's the lips and eyes you need to look out for. In the pin on the right, the lips do look slightly different to me. I'm really not sure though, so if anyone could provide an opinion, I would be very grateful!

6DD7970B-86A2-457C-A322-F51BF9DEB654.jpg

1AAE3837-20A7-498A-8997-906D6B164F38.jpg

Having looked closer the feet look slightly smaller too , as well as the lips / eyes you mentioned . I think it comes down to if you ever intend to trade it on , if it's going to be staying with you I think it's a very good copy and at least the trader mentioned it's provenance or I personally probably would have been none the wiser .
A couple were sold on ebay a little while ago but the seller had zero feedback and didn't respond to my questions so I passed on her then so I understand you're trepidation .

I layered the pins from the first photo on top of each other in a photo editing program and played around with positioning until they were as close together as possible, and then I flipped back and forth between them... before doing that, I was going to say that the eyes really bothered me, but from messing around with them in this program, I can tell that the pin on the left is slightly tilted backwards compared to the other pin, causing the eyes to look different because of the angle (as well as feet size, lips, etc.).

If it's a counterfeit, it's a damn good one, because I can't find any real differences given the angles.

It's interesting -- on the back of the right-side pin, the waffle pattern seems to be crowding up into the "Limited Edition" backstamp border. On the front, the angles could account for most differences, but to me the shoe on the leg that's stepping back on the right-side pin looks a lot flatter across the bottom than the pin on the left. I don't think it's just the angle but it's hard to say without seeing them in person.

I think the pin is legitimate ... I think there will always be very slight differences between pins if you inspect them very closely ... doesn't mean that one is a scrapper or fake ... it's just part of the manufacturing process. If the weight seems right, everything else looks good from here. And if it's not legitimate, it's a fantastic fake!!

It's hard to tell, but it looks like the ribbon between her waist and her arm looks different between the two pins. What a small detail, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back