• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Jumbo Jessica Rabbit as Ursula Counterfeit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumbo Jessica Rabbit as Ursula Counterfeit?

kupo1121

Master Pin Synthesizer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Okay, so I am really curious. This pin is LE300 and is quite the decent pin and is fairly sought after. It is on my Wants list and I've checked Ebay nearly everyday for the past month and its never been on Ebay too much (maybe 2 at a time, 1 auction, 1 Buy It Now at max).

pin73663

However, in the past week, 5 have started on Ebay. 5 of this LE300 really sought after pin! Some of them are off card and the thing that has me worried is one is from China >_< This pin has been out a long time so there is no way it could be a scrapper, but I'm nervous that counterfeits of this pin might have come up. Now 5 isn't too much, but I'm curious if more start coming up if I should be worried.

The main reason I'm asking is because considering there are 4 auctions up on Ebay at the moment, prices will probably be lower right now for the pin than at times when there is only 1 auction is going. However, I don't want to get a counterfeit of the pin if they are around.

Any help is appreciated, thanks everyone!

Most Definitely there are counterfeits of Jumbo Jessica pins. Check other posts in this thread. Jumbo Jessica fakes are all over the place. It is the reason I stopped collecting Jessica. Ursula, Catain Hook, Minnie Mouse, Evil Queen I know for sure. There are several others rumored such as Marylin Monroe, Alice, and Queen of Hearts.

I switched to a younger redhead (Merida). :p

The day there become counterfeits for the Jessica pins in my signature (the only ones I REALLY want), especially the cat burglar one (that one is pretty much a grail for me...I realized I want it more than some of the grails I have lol...I need to do some re-evaulation) I don't know what I'll do :(

Tons of Jessica pins are being counterfeited now. I know of 2 sellers on Ebay that are selling counterfeit Jessica's along with HM, rack, and DSF pins. They really give themselves away. I was watching a Jessica dressed as a vampire pin today. It ended at 2:30 pm and there was a winning bid. At 2:44pm, another one was listed. There are currently 12 of these on Ebay. As far as Ursula though, there are only 2 on Ebay right now so it's hard to say if that one is the latest victim to be counterfeited.

Yea I'm really nervous now I bought this pin Jessica as Ursula on Ebay. The seller's location name was one I'm not familiar with but had good feedback. Today I looked at the tracking info and its coming from China. Keeping my fingers crossed and will send it back back if counterfeit. Does anyone have any information (known counterfeit descriptions) that I can look for on the pin? Thanks so much.

There is another thread around here in which the counterfeit and the real one (supplied by My D Pins) were pictured, side by side. Let me see if I can go find it.

I got the pin yesterday (from China) and it actually looks like its good. I got it from ebay with buy it now option. I will post pics later after I am back from lunch :)

Someone traded me a counterfeit of this pin :(. It looks really good and I would've always thought it was real until I compared it to an authentic one. Good thing I found out so that I won't trade it to anyone. The biggest difference is the stamps on the back. If yours look anything like mine there might be a cause for concern.

2C0E1760-21AA-4CE8-B4E5-16BD010496D1-3378-000002C021DE4E51.jpg

35D48B2B-C1E6-4DE8-A484-41C877137464-3378-000002C02ADA43C0.jpg

I read that APs can be counterfeit but usually it looks like someone just stamped it on and this one doesn't. I got it for my personal collection but If I do trade it one day it would be nice to know that it is not a counterfeit pin.

Here are the pics of the pin

photo_zps071e0e34.jpg
image_zps1c4abbd6.jpeg

At the bottom where the Disney/Amblin and China logo are it does have an AP.

Looks good to me! I was the person who bought the fake in one of the threads posted. I now have the real one, and yours matches with mine. What I have noticed about a lot of the fake pins, is that there is a half-circle cut out of the bottom of her eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back