• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

June 14, 2014 Nightmare Before Christmas Event at Disneyland Hotel - REPORT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
June 14, 2014 Nightmare Before Christmas Event at Disneyland Hotel - REPORT!!
We saw a lot of the mystery set boxes at most of the pin trading shops yesterday, like the small pin shop on main street, she had like 30 boxes. But the pin store in frontier and only had like 5. They also had the landyards, the pirate pin set, the monorail jumbo, plus the others. I was surprised to see so many around the pin shops. They are great looking pins.

I know there was a huge error with having a more random selection of the mystery boxes to make sure all the boxes with all chasers were sold at the event but I still had a great time. This is only my second pin event since I only started in 2012 but I saw huge improvements from the Tiki Room event from last year. I enjoyed the 8 hours of trading on Friday since Saturday was taken up by standing in line for the pin boards. We got 8 chances to trade at the boards instead of 4. The negative part of the boards was there was very little selection of pins but I got AP pins of the Monster's University booster pack for my Pixar collection and a few AP pins from the Haunted Mansion lanyard starter set which I always loved but too cheap to buy. They also had games to play for you to collect pins to put on your parting gift.

Very sad indeed. :( I heard there were a few out-of-towners (from Florida!) I wonder what they must think in comparison to their WDW events.

My mom and I were one of the ones that came to the event from Florida. I have to say I am disappointed to not of even have had a chance to try and get the other last 2 Chasers from the mystery set because they didn't mix them up, but other than that it was fun. I made quite a few good trades so. It was a lot more smaller than the WDW events, I can say that too xD

I will be looking for the Jack Skellington and Sally chasers from the set. I got a few chasers from the set so I would be willing to trade them for them.

EDIT: ok, I saw a picture of the Sally Chaser now and I have to say I am pretty upset. I had no chance of getting her cause I don't have an AP to get into Disneyland and I am home now in Florida so it looks like I will have to try and trade for her :( Its really unfair.

Last edited:
Well this was our first pin trading event and I have to say I was quite disappointed in the boards. We actually had a CM try to tell us that if we (the attendees) stopped giving them CRAP then there would be better pins on the boards, except for the fact that even the first board came out with a lot the same stuff you could find on park boards and lanyards on it. :( I was really hoping to get some awesome traders to come home with which didn't happen.

Other than that we really enjoyed ourselves, and I did walk away with some really great keepers, pins I've wanted for a while and contacts in CA for future pin release needs. I did better trading with other attendees than the boards! As a Nightmare fan I loved the event and would definitely do it all over again but next time I think I will attend WDW for pin events though, seems they have a better system.

I have plenty of extras of the mystery box sets. Trying to complete my 2 sets and it's practically impossible. So annoyed with the whole thing. Never attending another event like this ever!

I got some pins from the mystery set with dips, chips in the the paint, brush strokes and so on. Even my sister and I had to send actual event pins back before we found decent looking ones (dips and big bubbles in the paint). I even got a Jack mystery chaser with a paint error.... :/

I got some pins from the mystery set with dips, chips in the the paint, brush strokes and so on. Even my sister and I had to send actual event pins back before we found decent looking ones (dips and big bubbles in the paint). I even got a Jack mystery chaser with a paint error.... :/

I returned one box (bubble in paint on zero pin) but a lot of the pins don't look very good. Thinking about returning some. :(

Anyone looking to trade I have 1 Jack on smallworld, 3 oogie boogie matterhorns, 1 rocket kid, and 4 Jack with mayor in car. I can confirm even in the park the boxes were not mixed up very well at all =(

Anyone looking to trade I have 1 Jack on smallworld, 3 oogie boogie matterhorns, 1 rocket kid, and 4 Jack with mayor in car. I can confirm even in the park the boxes were not mixed up very well at all =(

I have Jack on smallworld and Rocket Kid but need Oogie and Mayor (I think). I'll PM you tonight after work. :)

I have been trying to complete my set of chasers for this mystery pack, does anyone have a list of all eight pins? I finally got sally and the mummy/tiki room pins at the park. I saw one poster above mention jack/small world(I don't have this), could you post a pic of this one?

I still need Jack and Sally chasers. I have Teddy at the Mansion that I can trade for Jack. Anyone interested? For Sally please look at my traders on PinPics at snazzybowtie because I only have the one chaser as an extra. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So back to my question, anybody have a list of the eight chasers?

How about pics of the jack chaser???

Jack chaser :)

L9P0gwhl.jpg

hey everyone! I am in need some jack small world and dang tiki. ( need 2 tikis actually )
Sadly only have fire house chasers for tiki, but i do have a scary teddy bear id trade for jack small world.

Last edited:
I have these to trade - will trade multiple for chasers.

MA6K6nbl.jpg

I still need - Tiki, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Autopia, Caterpillar

Also have Scar Chaser from Lion King puzzle, other traders @ pinpics.

Last edited:
I've got an extra Sally and Duck chaser as well as two Astros and a Thunder Mountain for trade. Need a Jack chaser if anyone can help! Other than that I'm interested in Zero, Sally, Jack, Meeko and Pluto PTDs, will trade multiples.

Traders_zpsa311de79.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back