• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Just a Gripe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a Gripe

curiousdinah

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
If you are going to resell pins for profit, at least get the character's name right. Especially if the name of the movie is on the pin card.

Unless, I am wrong, and BB-8 did make an appearance in Big Hero 6 I don't know about, in which case, I retract my gripe.

If only...
C000000359-PAR-ZOOM_zpsjwuifeyf.jpeg

Yeah, I've see a lot of Rajah or Shere Khan pins listed as 'Tigger'. I guess all those tigers all look the same to some people...

They don't care about the pins, just the profit. They can't be bothered to get the names right!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

They don't care about the pins, just the profit. They can't be bothered to get the names right!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
I think that's probably true, but it's more likely that the sellers are trying to increase their potential buyers by using multiple (and of course, inaccurate) tags in the listing to get more hits when you search for it. For example:

Say the seller is listing an hypothetical Tigger pin (it doesn't matter which one). If the seller just puts it as a Tigger pin, those are the only words which will flag it in a search. But if the seller adds accurate words like Disney and tiger and inaccurate words like Shere Khan and Rajah (figuring a tiger is a tiger and maybe viewers can't tell one from another), his/her prospective buyers increased exponentially - and so did the potential profits. After all, remember when Frozen was crazy popular? How many times did you do a search and find a Frozen tag on an item that had NOTHING to do with Frozen? My point exactly ... .

Today, I saw someone selling a Gaston pin mislabeled as Hercules. While I understand how someone could get the Disney tigers mixed up (I guess), this seemed like a new low. :facepalm: (Unless, perhaps, they assumed their potential buyers were just collecting well-muscled characters?)

I think that's probably true, but it's more likely that the sellers are trying to increase their potential buyers by using multiple (and of course, inaccurate) tags in the listing to get more hits when you search for it. For example:

Say the seller is listing an hypothetical Tigger pin (it doesn't matter which one). If the seller just puts it as a Tigger pin, those are the only words which will flag it in a search. But if the seller adds accurate words like Disney and tiger and inaccurate words like Shere Khan and Rajah (figuring a tiger is a tiger and maybe viewers can't tell one from another), his/her prospective buyers increased exponentially - and so did the potential profits. After all, remember when Frozen was crazy popular? How many times did you do a search and find a Frozen tag on an item that had NOTHING to do with Frozen? My point exactly ... .

Yes, that I have seen and I clearly understand. However, for the posting I don't think it was a case of more buyers. It was a 30th anniversary set. Olaf and Ralph were correct with no additional tags. But they were hanging with BB-8.

I saw on the "Bay" someone had a 2016 Jingle Cruise pin with "Kaa" listed for sale. Since I didn't recall seeing a Kaa pin I clicked on the URL and I saw the pin was the snake JuJu, Mama Odie's snake from "Princess and the Frog". I sent the Seller a message stating such and boy did I get back a pissed off response lol!!

"How dare you comment on the sale item, blah, blah, blah".. You can't make this stuff up!!

Mike S.
Figment919

There was a repeated listing for "Young Thor" , actually a Shanghai Prince Charming mystery pin .
I messaged them once but it still got relisted as Thor and still didn't sell .

I'm new here, I'm glad I found this post. Just this week I was searching for some "Disney Tigger" pins. (my local children's hospital is asking for Disney pins donations so they can hold a trading night for the kids), first the Bay always asks if I meant "tiger", then there were several Shere Khan pins and 2 Marie pins were labeled Tigger (that one actually made me laugh).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back