• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Kevin PTD is out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordnsmom jordan hidden miki mini miki are on our way the disney wagon if full hoping to get their without anothet punzie incident jordns mom stsrted to cook dinner and drop everything left the raw chicken on the stove blew up my phone and were half way there this is hiden miki on jordns moms phone wish us luck

Jordnsmom jordan hidden miki mini miki are on our way the disney wagon if full hoping to get their without anothet punzie incident jordns mom stsrted to cook dinner and drop everything left the raw chicken on the stove blew up my phone and were half way there this is hiden miki on jordns moms phone wish us luck!

Jordnsmom jordan hidden miki mini miki are on our way the disney wagon if full hoping to get their without anothet punzie incident jordns mom stsrted to cook dinner and drop everything left the raw chicken on the stove blew up my phone and were half way there this is hiden miki on jordns moms phone wish us luck

Oh no >_< I really hope you aren't heading there now for the Kevin PTD :( It's been sold out for more than an hour...

Jordnsmom jordan hidden miki mini miki are on our way the disney wagon if full hoping to get their without anothet punzie incident jordns mom stsrted to cook dinner and drop everything left the raw chicken on the stove blew up my phone and were half way there this is hiden miki on jordns moms phone wish us luck!

Yeah it is officially gone :( I'm so sorry guys ! :( I was were literally in the last TEN people to get her. When I walked out they announced they had five left and many were turned away :( I'm wishing you guys all the best of luck and sending lots of pixie dust that you can trade for her !

I wouldnt say higher edition sizes need to be put into place as that can kill it really. UKers know that best, we complained and then we got higher edition sizes and price increase now we have UK pins sitting there for months and months and it gets stagnant.

As I said on the facebook page (copied it so dont have to type it again)

I think you need to not advertise them and surprise release them and release 1 per week to stop the mass purchasing and thus giving you time to keep up with the demand.

4 or more in the space of a week was really quick and so if you limited it to 1 per week, released on a random day and no one knew what it was it would spread by word of mouth and maybe be a calmer rush and might last a bit longer than say half a day :p

--------------------------------------------

Its getting likes so people agree, maybe the woman you say who reads stuff might take it into account.

I know we were the last two to get the pins. I fealt so bad for everyone behind us because initially she had said there were more than that for the people behind us but then came back and said we were the last five.

It does lol jk hey it happens but since we just moved and I still have unpacking to do and both the boys, I can't complain I'm not much for lines or ice cream unless its little mermaid or PODMS :)
But he did agree with me on closing it, I will give him that!! :)
Serves him right for doing that to you, J/K.

Ace I know, he likes to have one to trade and one to keep but we are just glad to be able to get one at all with all that craziness at dsf lol

I don't think the Soda Fountain handled this release very well. Holding out Kevin to be the very last pin in stock. If we didn't go through all the other pins so quickly, how much longer would have have strung us along. It was 6 months ago they previewed it. How many have come out since then that weren't even previewed? Also, when you know your getting down to the last few designs, I think it was very poor planning on saving Kevin for last. Knowing people have been wanting it for SIX MONTHS since you previewed it, you wait for it to be the very last one so that when everyone drops everything they were doing and rush out to get it, there is not another one to sell for those that end up missing Kevin? They should have released it with at least 1-2 other designs to go so those that missed Kevin didn't have to go home empty handed.

On the bright side, at least they don't have a carrot to dangle in front of us any more.

Also, I am getting really annoyed with people saying how bad it is what people do with their pins. I don't care if people get a pin for their personal collection, if they get it for a trader or they want to sell it. I don't care what they trade it for. I don't care what they sell it for. It's none of my business.

I remember people here on this boards saying the exact same things saying that paying $100 for a Disney Girls Reveal Conceal Rapnuzel was crazy.

Some would call pin previews a good marketing tool. In this case, it seemed to work.

In my opinion, Soda Fountain is still learning and adjusting to the mad world of pins. Granted, some will argue that they have been doing pins for years and should know better or be able to handle situations a lot better than demonstrated. Maybe they should be a little more conscious about the changing dynamics of pin trading and be quicker to making adjustments. But since there is likely no one who actually knows the pin ordering logistics, it's difficult to say how far in advance pins must be ordered and how quickly they are able to adjust to what has basically been a three month run on the PTD pins.

I think it will be very telling on how they are going to react to this crazy demand for PTD pins. If they are fearful of increasing the LE size, then they had better count on having 15 to 20 pins for each month. That is quite the risk in taking on a large inventory, if these pins suddenly fall out of favor. But with these pins being the only publicly available low LE pins, I would consider it a safe bet that the demand will continue to remain high.

Time to see this PTD hiatus as a blessing for all of our wallets and wait for any significant adjustments or see if it remains with the status quo.

If they haven't learned in the 8 years they have been selling pins, they are never going to learn. Perhaps they have learned and either just play dumb or just don't care. Who knows.

It's pretty safe to say that they did well and weren't overwhelmed in the first 6 or 7 years. It's pretty much been this past full year when things escalated into the insane zone.

I'm guessing the virtual demise of Disney Shopping created a super increase in low LE pin demand, with the Soda Fountain being the only game in town.

If their ordering process is for an entire year of sales projections, then they we're way off on estimating demand for this year. They would have even been way off for just six months. It will be interesting to see how they are able to adjust, since they literally just lost a revenue stream for an indeterminate amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back