• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Kevin PTD is out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin PTD is out?
So blessed for the friends that called and texted us -- we made it in time to get one for my daughter's collection and because we brought my Mom with me (still celebrating her birthday from yesterday) we were able to zap two other "pin" pals with our other two. Always nice to pay it forward -- just sorry we didn't stay around and join all of you for dinner!

I think this sounds like a nice idea in theory... but people would STILL flock to DSF and buy, buy, buy in an effort to get the rarer pins (Vanellope/Wall-E/Merida/Rapunzel). The Princess Carousel mystery boxes are evidence of this (which there was rumored to be around 1500 boxes at DLR alone). Apparently people did camp out for these. Granted most of the people knew that Rapunzel and Merida were with Cindy and Aurora but even if they had not, I'm pretty sure people would've went buy crazy. Also see case in point - the Pixar mystery boxes.

Hard to compare the those to a mystery situation at DSF if they did that. First off, the policy on Limited Release (although Disney has been REALLY bad about following their own posted rules), is unlimited. Although they have been limiting them to 25.

The Pixar boxes you have to buy a ton if you are going to get a shot at the set. The set has 80 pins. That means you have to buy 40 boxes for enough enough pins to equal a set and lets face it, your going to get doubles.

The Princess ones ended up being Reveal conceal which I think made it worse since there were only 5 revealed. Makes it easier to stock up on the good ones. Also, having the pins matched up isn't always a good thing. Especially in this case. (Off subject but I really like the way the Disney Shorts Reveal Conceal set was, the conceals were random but if you purchase a sealed brick, you got a full set but if you just bought loose individuals, it was random. Perfect for those going after a set but makes it impossible for those to cherry pick the best "random" concealed pins.)

Yes, people would still flock there to buy and try and get it but the point is it would last a lot longer and it wouldn't matter if you were the first person or if you got there a couple days later, equal chance for everyone. Also, those that drag everyone they know to a release to stock up on the popular ones might not bring so many people since they are not guaranteed a gem every time.

There are pros and cons to everything but over all I think it would be an improvement and make things easier for everyone and encourage trading.

So blessed for the friends that called and texted us -- we made it in time to get one for my daughter's collection and because we brought my Mom with me (still celebrating her birthday from yesterday) we were able to zap two other "pin" pals with our other two. Always nice to pay it forward -- just sorry we didn't stay around and join all of you for dinner!

thats what friends are for :)

Ok so... I just got home from a day of work and Zumba... and throughout the day I have been talking/texting with many traders about this Kevin PTD..... (which I really do thank u all for keeping me in the loop about this <3)

.....so I just need to rant for juuuuuuuust a second..... please bear w/ me..... (oh and Maya/Kupo since I am still learning about posting GIFs... if u have any to help me express what I'm about to express it is greatly appreciated ^_^ LOL)

**take deep breath**

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*((*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*(*&^%$#@!@#$%(&^%$#@#$%^&*(*&^%$#@#$%^&*&^%$#@#$%^&*(*&^%$#@#$%^&*&^$##$%^&*&^%$#@#$%^&*(*&^%$#@!#$%^&*(*&^%$#@#$%^&*&^%$#@#%^&^%$#$%^%$#@^&^%$#$%^&^%$#^&^%$#$%^&^%$#@#^&*&^!@#$%^&*()!@#$%^&*(@#$%^&*(@#$%^&!@#$%^&*@#$%^&@#$%^&@#$%^&*@#$%^&*@#$%^&*(@#$%^&*(@#$%^&*(OACGV NKLOIR&DRYCHVAJBKOIHT*R^ESERCFTYDSWEAZXHKGVUTYDS$ARSEXCVFTYDY^RYCVBIG*&^DSYCHVJBIUGFDTXCHGVJBIFUDYXHCG

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:(x10 more)
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:(x100 more)
>___________________________<
***cries***
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:(x1000 more)
-_____________________________________________-

The ONE day..... ONE FRAGGGGGGIN DAY I have to be at internship this week bc I rescheduled clients bc I had another obligation tomorrow.... anddddddd they release Kevin on me :facepalm: UUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!

The same thing happened to me with the Rapunzel PTD.... Friend's 30th Bday party that day (which was fun don't get me wrong). It was sooooo tempting to bail and go get the pin, but as I told myself w/ the Rapunzel PTD: I am NOT ditching my obligations for pins. I totally jinxed myself w/ Kevin though; I was worried they would release her on a date when I couldn't go ::SMH:: I was hoping they would release her on a day I could go down there and get her :(

Ok..... I think I got that out rant out of me... LOL

::sigh:: Oh well... perhaps I can trade for her eventually or purchase her when her price goes down.... like wayyyyyy down :lol: Congrats to all the lucky peeps who did in fact get her :)

Mark I'm so bummed u weren't one of them as I know u collect PTDs, u have great pins though so I'm sure u'll get her soon. And same w/ Coupleofdorks I'm so bummed u didn't get her either, and they didn't even give u ice cream.... they should have given u ice cream for ur trip LOL

Now onto the topic which I'd like to add my two cents:

Honestly I was thinking about this this afternoon while grieving over the fact that I was not indeed getting Kevin.... the fact that Kevin was last PTD and DSF now has no PTDs for TBD amount of time... makes complete sense! We (the communal pin trader we) have been burning through PTDs like nuts as of late.... how many PTDs switched within the last 2 weeks alone... 5 I think?? Kevin was the LAST PTD on that "to be released board" at Mickey's Circus. I don't think anyone ever expected PTDs to be so big... or.... whatever is going on with it... and for them to be gone SO fast in so short amount of time. That board had what... 12 pins on it? And the surprise PTDs we all didn't know about? Wasn't that like.... an additional 6 to 8?? That's about 18 to 20ish PTDS, which should have accounted for the entire year, even if one PTD sold out quicker than the others. The other 11 PTDs on that board were gone and Kevin was left, DSF did not expect PTDs to sell so quickly, they may have wanted to hold out on releasing Kevin so they put out other PTDs, but low and behold 1 box remained and it was Kevin... they had no choice but to release her bc we went through their entire inventory. Crazy thought when u think about it really :O

I think bc of how many Secret of the Wing Pins are left (I saw that there are several blue bins of them left in their stock closet on sunday :facepalm:) that sold be the pseudo PTD until they can create replacements... just sayin' :rofl: We get pins, they get rid of those pins, everyone wins!! LOL

Although I do agree with alot of the discussion here. DSF NEEDS to up edition sizes, and FAST. Put it to 500, 750, or even 1000. I heard with their marquees if it's a newly released movie (i.e. Oz) edition size is 500. If it's a re-released movie (i.e. Mulan) it's edition size 300. That's a great start! We'll still buy 'em up but ppl will have more chances to get pins for their collections even if they change edition sizes.

It is also very likely the PTD may become 1 per person, as well as go up higher in price... I think that's a given at this point really. I do agree that with more popular characters increase edition sizes to reduce chaos. It's nice to know DSf staff is taking our suggestions into consideration, so hopefully some changes are on the horizon that will help all :)

It's also good.... and kinda anxiety provoking to hear that there is no wristband distribution for the eggs (I figured as much) and they are still uncertain on what they will do for the BTs.... I hope they think of something! lol

Last edited:
...It is also very likely the PTD may become 1 per person, as well as go up higher in price... I think that's a given at this point really.

There's NO WAY they would up the price. Let's not lose sight of what the PTD is all about...ICE CREAM. Any tourist family isn't gonna fork over $20+ for an Pin/Sundae combo. If they increase the price they might as well ditch the sundae too.

There's NO WAY they would up the price. Let's not lose sight of what the PTD is all about...ICE CREAM. Any tourist family isn't gonna fork over $20+ for an Pin/Sundae combo. If they increase the price they might as well ditch the sundae too.

Hmm this is true... but at the same time....honestly how many tourists get that PTD sundae rather than us traders?? After sitting with Aquata and Romancing_Train on sunday... waiting for the PTD to change out... it would seem only pin traders get the PTD sundae mostly. There's other ice cream options on the menu that are cheaper than the PTD, and this is also assuming tourists actually WANT the pin/even know what it is....

Never say never. A hike up to $20.00? No, but a hike up to $13.95? Possibly. This isn't just a sundae. Anyone who wants a sundae can still get one at a cheaper price than the PTD. What you are paying for here, is essentially the bonus of a collectible pin that comes with a sundae (or vice versa). Now that PTDs have proven to be popular and basically a money maker for DSF/Disney, why wouldn't they cash in? They've raised pin prices before. I don't see a PTD price hike by a couple of dollars being that far fetched, especially with how we are pin traders are plowing through them :/

Ok so... I just got home from a day of work and Zumba... and throughout the day I have been talking/texting with many traders about this Kevin PTD..... (which I really do thank u all for keeping me in the loop about this <3)

The ONE day..... ONE FRAGGGGGGIN DAY I have to be at internship this week bc I rescheduled clients bc I had another obligation tomorrow.... anddddddd they release Kevin on me :facepalm: UUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!

Melissa, since you were the first one to text me letting me know about this release I got a Kevin PTD for you. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend who would give me the 411 on this Kevin release. Hope you enjoy it.

It's seems like we are always in battle against the rain, hours, sleeplessness hanging in our alley, so today I got you covered.

Pin-A-Colada

The downside of one per person is...one to keep, NONE to trade...so the non locals / locals who can't get to DSF would have to rely mostly on non collectors for any pins and the secondary market would get more expensive...just look at the price differences between the Rapunzel PTD ($60-$80) and the Kevin PTD ($100 - $150+)

I know several Disney fans that aren't really pin collectors or traders that sometimes get the PTD because its a nice extra bonus for not much more than the cost regular ice cream there. Its a real value when you look at the cost of an LE pin and the cost of the ice cream separately.

Melissa, since you were the first one to text me letting me know about this release I got a Kevin PTD for you. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend who would give me the 411 on this Kevin release. Hope you enjoy it.

It's seems like we are always in battle against the rain, hours, sleeplessness hanging in our alley, so today I got you covered.

Pin-A-Colada

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ok really wish I had gifs now... LOL

OMG thank u SOOOO much Angel/Alanna!! Ur the best!! I'm bear hugging u the next time I see u!! (I would totally call but Idk if ur asleep atm lol). I'm utterly speechless! And hooray for me being the first to tell u! lol

Last edited:
The downside of one per person is...one to keep, NONE to trade...so the non locals / locals who can't get to DSF would have to rely mostly on non collectors for any pins and the secondary market would get more expensive...just look at the price differences between the Rapunzel PTD ($60-$80) and the Kevin PTD ($100 - $150+)

Yeah, I was thinking this over and really, you can't win haha I mean, think about it: if they do 1 per person, as TheOtherSteve said, the people who actually collect the character won't budge with their only one and then the people who can't go to DSF are left to rely on 3 groups (pin collectors who don't like the character, people won't don't collect pins, sharks). However, if they 2 per person, they are essentially giving away most of their PTDs to sharks. I mean, sharks as it is are bad when it comes to pin releases, getting 2 of each pin only makes it worse because they can sell not 1 PTD for $100, but 2 PTDs for $100 each. However, pin collectors have a better chance at having one be tradeable. The thing is, with many of these pin traders who have one for trade, not all of them will let the pin go for cost with some wanting grails or very rare LE pins for these PTDs they got for $10. So the way I see it, I'd say keep it at 1 per person because it gives many people who just don't care for pins a chance to get it and that gives those people who know people or people who can't get to DSF a chance to possibly get the pin from these people who don't know pin values for a price that is at least somewhat in our favor lol

Last edited:
I'm feeling pretty fortunate. Got to hollywood in 20 mins, got my pin, ate my ice-cream, got out. Just missed traffic back home and made it back in 20 mins. Successful day. I wish PTD were bigger tho, I don't like the fact they are so damn small!

I'm feeling pretty fortunate. Got to hollywood in 20 mins, got my pin, ate my ice-cream, got out. Just missed traffic back home and made it back in 20 mins. Successful day. I wish PTD were bigger tho, I don't like the fact they are so damn small!

i thought the kevin PTD was a good size compared to all the other ones. he's probably the biggest in size.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't expect someone to make a special journey to get a pin for me for no extra charge... But if the person is getting one for themselves anyway, there's not much reason to charge insane amounts and people are crazy to pay those prices.

:like:

LA traffic from 3-4 is the WORST! I was almost late to class... lol.

Ha, funny. Like I told you in line, I think you would have missed class???? I bet Kevin went to class with you? Did you even listen to the lecture or just stare at the pin. :)

I am glad you got her and seen your UP marquee at Trade Night put a smile on my face. At first walking up to you, I was like hell yeah - you got it but you got me. That's a good one. You'll get one.

I'll PM you later when I get out of work and wake up.

Ha, funny. Like I told you in line, I think you would have missed class???? I bet Kevin went to class with you? Did you even listen to the lecture or just stare at the pin. :)

I am glad you got her and seen your UP marquee at Trade Night put a smile on my face. At first walking up to you, I was like hell yeah - you got it but you got me. That's a good one. You'll get one.

I'll PM you later when I get out of work and wake up.

HA! I would've missed class! ;) and I went home first so I wouldn't be distracted by Kevin lol. And yeah that paper marquee is like a placeholder for when I actualy get one (if I ever get one) haha.

Hard to compare the those to a mystery situation at DSF if they did that. First off, the policy on Limited Release (although Disney has been REALLY bad about following their own posted rules), is unlimited. Although they have been limiting them to 25.
The overall company policy is 25 of any item for 1 day. You can't buy 26 watches, you can't buy 26 sour cherry balls, you can't buy 26 limited release boxes or even Open edition pins. So the true limit is 25 for any item. And just because there is a different reveal on the front of the box doesn't mean it's a different item. The boxes are all the same SKU.

People trying to push Disney policy in the faces of CM's is only going to make it worse. I think they need to limit it to 10 boxes of anything but then post the release dates. So for the Pixar boxes, post the dates and stores, make it 10 per person, do it more than 4 times and everyone can get the 80 pins they want if they turly want them.

The PTD is the only thing on the DSF menu, and only pin, that has not increased in price for the last few years. It has remained. They took away the elephant card discount. I can easily seeing the PTD being $16.95 when it returns. $12 for a pin and $4.95 for the ice cream. I heard PTD's were going up in price from a CM there months ago, this will surely hike it up.

I'll say the same thing I tell my daughter....It was funny the first one or two times, but it's not anymore. :)
I think someone is just trying to get post counts up so they can post in the for sale forum. Usually mod's go in and delete the excess and drop their counter until they actually add real comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back