• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

last dizpins murder mystery begins!!

hi.i might sound stupid but wot is a murder mystery?

Not at all, there are no stupid questions. I will try to explain this as clearly and concisely as possible without confusing you. If anything isn't clear, let me know and I will be happy to clarify it for you.

A murder mystery is a role playing game where you play as a Disney character of your choosing. You play by posting 'actions' and 'dialogue' that you think that particular character might 'do' and 'say' in response to the current game situation. Now here is where the murder aspect comes in ... every single one of those characters also is a detective ... and you are trying to track down and figure out the identity of an unknown Disney killer who is murdering other characters (including detectives) before all of the detectives die. As the game starts, the only thing you know about the killer is that he or she is not one of the detectives. There are 'clues' left behind at each of the crime scenes for the detectives to find that lead back to the killer ... it's up to the detectives to figure out who it is.

If you want to see how the game is played, watch the one on Dizpins - it just started today. If this is something you would like to try on these forums, I would be happy to run a game here, once the game on Dizpins ends (provided the administrators don't mind, of course). And yes, Katy, it will be WAY easier than the other game I ran, I promise.

If you want to see how the game is played, watch the one on Dizpins - it just started today. If this is something you would like to try on these forums, I would be happy to run a game here, once the game on Dizpins ends (provided the administrators don't mind, of course). And yes, Katy, it will be WAY easier than the other game I ran, I promise.

LOL Stephanie!! I am not worried about that! i just have fun playing the games when i have time!!

I would love to play again but I just dont have the time right now to meet the minimum post and all.
I will say that when I did play, It was lots of fun.

I would love to play again but I just dont have the time right now to meet the minimum post and all.
I will say that when I did play, It was lots of fun.

Well, you always could play as a VIP detective. The purpose of the VIP detective is to permit everyone to play, even those whose schedules don't permit regular posting or who want to join the game after it already has started. That way, you still could get in on the fun and chaos, but you would not be subject to the minimum post count (the only downside is you also would not be able to make an arrest and win the game either).

hi guys! Thanks for starting this up -- we know it was a popular thing over @ Dizpins and we're glad someone has taken the reins over here :) Stickied! :D

hi guys! Thanks for starting this up -- we know it was a popular thing over @ Dizpins and we're glad someone has taken the reins over here :) Stickied! :D

I didn't realise that's how you felt about the murder games ... but if you would like (and enough people are interested), as I said above, I would be happy to run a game here following both the completion of the game that just started on Dizpins and my Christmas/New Years WDW trip.

I didn't realise that's how you felt about the murder games ... but if you would like (and enough people are interested), as I said above, I would be happy to run a game here following both the completion of the game that just started on Dizpins and my Christmas/New Years WDW trip.
definitely! We know how popular it was, but no one had made any requests for a forum yet. If it becomes popular, we will definitely add a subforum, perhaps here in Disney Chat. :D

thanks for explainin it to me sounds a great game to play

It is alot of fun to do and you get to know some background stuff of the different parks. you can read the thread as the game plays! the first one i just read, i didnt play but i tried to guess the clues but as i wasnt playing the game at the time i didnt always research so i didnt get how they came up with the killer.

I think this is a great game. I am just not smart enough to figure out who the killer is. Darlene loves doing these. She plays VIP and likes to help people figure out the clues. Join in and just have a blast!!

I would love to join one here. :) Don't have time to check multiple sites so I was not able to play the last murder mystery game from Dizpins.

There *WILL* be a murder game hosted here sometime in January 2011, following my return from WDW. Keep checking back ... an official announcement will be posted here as well as a thread which will include the murder game rules and sign up.

I'm not sure when as I am waiting also, bt it will be played here in the game forum. If Stef doesn't have time I have a game ready to go. we shall see.

Back