• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

LE 1000 Sleeping Beauty and Snow White StoryBook Replicas - 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE 1000 Sleeping Beauty and Snow White StoryBook Replicas - 2003

DreamingSnowWhite

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have loved Sleeping Beauty since forever, and I have always loved the storybook that appears at both the beginning and the end of the movie. In 2003, Disney released LE StoryBook Replicas of Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and Cinderella. OMG! I wish I had known. Does anyone have the 411 on these beauties - orig price etc etc????
2167813867_f12c5d124b_o.jpg

I love the storybooks too! If they actually made replicas of these books I would totally buy them. :)

Check out these links for info on the pins:

<-------Released at D23 Expo

Hi PrincessBecky! They actually did make replicas of these storybooks back in 2003 (that's what the picture is of)... I wonder if anyone here got one??? Does anyone know how much they cost at the time - although I suppose it doesn't really matter; I'm sure they'd sell for thousands. SOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!

These are cool I've never seen them before. When I just did a quick look on eBay ( Disney storybook replica) sadly the Cinderella book just sold for $500 :(

Wow, I did a bit more research, and apparently they were originally on sale on DisneyStore.com for around $200. I guess I'll need to keep an eye on their site to see what they release in the future. They've also released LE of the Tiki Birds from the Tiki Room and LE replicas of the portraits from the haunted mansion as well.

Wow I was thinking like 70 originally! They are very pretty I like the sleeping beauty with all the jewels. The tiki birds seem really cool can you please post a picture of those.

Wow I was thinking like 70 originally! They are very pretty I like the sleeping beauty with all the jewels. The tiki birds seem really cool can you please post a picture of those.

Of course! :)

2151038341_9df08a4a75_o.jpg

LOL I thought you were talking about the pins...I had no idea they actually made replicas of these books! I would kill for the Sleeping Beauty book...it is gorgeous!

My sister is a huge Beauty and the Beast fan, and last year Disney Store released an actual working Cogsworth clock, Lumiere candelabra, and Mrs. Potts tea set...and I am still kicking myself for not getting them for her. Now they are difficult to find!

Cogsworth-Clock.jpg
Lumiere-Candlestick-Holder.jpg
Mrs-Potts-Tea-Set.jpg

cool! Love barker bird lol his cane and top hat are so cute. Those birds have to be super expansive :( I looked up that artist and saw the flicker page with all their Disney things, I love all these Disney "props"! The beauty and beast things are really cool too I really like the teaset.

Kevin & Jody are my too of my very favorite Disney people. I have been lucky enough to see them present a few times. They have a deep love of Disney, especially classic Disney. So their pieces are always top notch, with incredible amounts of detail, and not always the usual way a character may be presented.

Kevin has a blog: http://miehana.blogspot.com/

And he has a flickr account with many of the pieces they have done for the Disney Catalog/shopping and Parks & Resorts. http://www.flickr.com/photos/miehana/sets/72157601848341798/

I
get nervous when I hear about new projects, because then I just end up going broke. And they are doing stuff for WDW 40th :anxious: . They will be at the signing at the Diamond Horseshoe on 10/1

1868319635_ccb01f1c49_z.jpg
2658575099_da5c92a7f1_z.jpg

life sized jack figure, over 7 feet tall! and a real alice in wonderland door knob!

Kevin & Jody are my too of my very favorite Disney people. I have been lucky enough to see them present a few times. They have a deep love of Disney, especially classic Disney. So their pieces are always top notch, with incredible amounts of detail, and not always the usual way a character may be presented.

Kevin has a blog: http://miehana.blogspot.com/

And he has a flickr account with many of the pieces they have done for the Disney Catalog/shopping and Parks & Resorts. http://www.flickr.com/photos/miehana/sets/72157601848341798/

I
get nervous when I hear about new projects, because then I just end up going broke. And they are doing stuff for WDW 40th :anxious: . They will be at the signing at the Diamond Horseshoe on 10/1

Oh, wow! How exciting! Any word on what they'll be releasing next??? I'm so curious!!

LOL I thought you were talking about the pins...I had no idea they actually made replicas of these books! I would kill for the Sleeping Beauty book...it is gorgeous!

My sister is a huge Beauty and the Beast fan, and last year Disney Store released an actual working Cogsworth clock, Lumiere candelabra, and Mrs. Potts tea set...and I am still kicking myself for not getting them for her. Now they are difficult to find!

Cogsworth-Clock.jpg
Lumiere-Candlestick-Holder.jpg
Mrs-Potts-Tea-Set.jpg

Oh WOOOWW!!! So awesome!! I've always stuck to just looking inside the Disney Store to see what was on the up and up... Had NO IDEA that the disneystore.com was where all the good stuff was. I wish I had gotten the tea set too!!! :)

The doorknob came out in 2006, so you will have to hope for Ebay.

Here's the comment from Kevin, accompanying the photo

Released in 2006 and they SOLD OUT within two weeks!

Incidentally, we get at least one email every week inquiring if we still have one of these lying around that we would be willing to sell. Sorry, we absolutely don't.

Last edited:
Select stores carried these products. I have all three =). I believe Cogsworth was 99.50, Lumiere was 79.50, and Mrs. Potts was 124.50. Cogsworth was a real working clock. I don't put the batteries in because the hands scratch his eyes =(. Lumiere is awesome. And Mrs. Potts was my favorite piece from the three. These sold out fast. Each piece had different LE sizes. These sold out very quickly.

Oh WOOOWW!!! So awesome!! I've always stuck to just looking inside the Disney Store to see what was on the up and up... Had NO IDEA that the disneystore.com was where all the good stuff was. I wish I had gotten the tea set too!!! :)

I absolutely LOVE those books and Mrs. Potts tea set. Does disneystore.com have a certain place on their site where they list such LE items when they have them available?

I really need the doorknob and I would do anything to get that Sleeping Beauty book for Ashley!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back