• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Legit or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legit or not?

NDBounce

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I am trying to tell if these pins I acquired trading with someone at Epcot are real or scrappers. I've got nothing to compare against in terms of Silhouttes (I've not purchased any, but was tempted to do so for comparison)

I am worried b/c they appear to have the all-telling border. And their anti-spin nubs are small (albeit relatively sharp).

Any informed thoughts are appreciated (like my disclaimer there).

10446e9b6a741680bed2e81f0e5204a9.jpg

e3843a9584db1d26eedcafbd9e705376.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

On pinpic for the pin 102161 & 102162 you have this commentary : Counterfeits of the pin have a spelling error on the back... "MADEN CHINA" - wingamy
On pinpic for the pin 102158 you have this commentary : There is a scrapper version of this pin. On the back, it says "maden china". - Talexander4

I think that this pin is scrapper, sorry :cry:

Cinderella and Jasmine are definitely scrappers. :c They have the border and the "Maden". I can't.. quite tell with Tiana, but it looks like she's got "Maden" too. I'm so sorry. :c

Hello,

On pinpic for the pin 102161 & 102162 you have this commentary : Counterfeits of the pin have a spelling error on the back... "MADEN CHINA" - wingamy
On pinpic for the pin 102158 you have this commentary : There is a scrapper version of this pin. On the back, it says "maden china". - Talexander4

I think that this pin is scrapper, sorry :cry:

Oh, I can't believe I missed the obvious. LOL. I need to pay more attention to that. Merlin was helping me once at the parks and we both came close to missing one of my pins had Litle Mermaid (one T not two). He realized it at one point though.

Anyway, I don't mind a whole lot. I actually collect some scrappers as well, I just don't like trading good pins for bad. So I try to trade good for good and bad for bad. But I have a small collection of Ariel Scrappers, so I can add these and see if I can trade them for other Ariel Scrappers.

Anyway, I don't mind a whole lot. I actually collect some scrappers as well, I just don't like trading good pins for bad. So I try to trade good for good and bad for bad. But I have a small collection of Ariel Scrappers, so I can add these and see if I can trade them for other Ariel Scrappers.

I love it! Kudos for being positive and having a defensive plan to make the most out of the scrapper filled boards in the park. I also have a small collection of scrapper pins. They are great for displaying in the open air, on my office walls... happy reminders of the fun of collecting them with my family.

Oh, I can't believe I missed the obvious. LOL. I need to pay more attention to that. Merlin was helping me once at the parks and we both came close to missing one of my pins had Litle Mermaid (one T not two). He realized it at one point though.

That's a great mentality! I accidentally purchased a counterfeit on the evil auction site. It was PP #77973. I should have taken heed to the warnings on the pinpics listing, but purchased it anyway. My daughter loves it just the same and doesn't care that it isn't the real deal.

I'm still trying to trade for the real one just for myself, but I'm glad I was able to find a good use for it, though it has to stay separated from all of the real pins in her collection :)

I just looked at my set of these and the Made in China is not all caps. It makes it easier to tell for the future.

I am trying to tell if these pins I acquired trading with someone at Epcot are real or scrappers. I've got nothing to compare against in terms of Silhouttes (I've not purchased any, but was tempted to do so for comparison)

I am worried b/c they appear to have the all-telling border. And their anti-spin nubs are small (albeit relatively sharp).

Any informed thoughts are appreciated (like my disclaimer there).

10446e9b6a741680bed2e81f0e5204a9.jpg

e3843a9584db1d26eedcafbd9e705376.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hate it that most of these pictures don't exist any more they would be useful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back