• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

LIAA Grand Prize Winners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LIAA Grand Prize Winners?

Abyssinian28

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I couldn't attend the event today- who won the big prizes? Anything else exciting happen?

Three women won the Grand Prizes. The first two were present, and the last one wasn't (but they said that they would contact said person and get the prizes too them.) There was also a HUGE thunderstorm that happened as the event was closing down. People were walking out in trash bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three women won the Grand Prizes. The first two were present, and the last one wasn't (but they said that they would contact said person and get the prizes too them.) There was also a HUGE thunderstorm that happened as the event was closing down. People were walking out in trash bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, man...I doubt it was me, because I figure someone would have PMed me or something, but those two conditions (a woman, and not there) give me better odds than I've ever had before...LOL! There was probably only a handful of people that fit those criteria.

Grand prize winner for what?

Just for being there. It's just a drawing at the end. I know, it sounds like it should be for DOING something, with a name like that. But it's just a huge box of pins that they give away to a few event attendees at the end. I don't know about this year, but in the past it's been lots of pins, jumbos, bags, frames, a lot of them APs and PPs.

Just for being there. It's just a drawing at the end. I know, it sounds like it should be for DOING something, with a name like that. But it's just a huge box of pins that they give away to a few event attendees at the end. I don't know about this year, but in the past it's been lots of pins, jumbos, bags, frames, a lot of them APs and PPs.

Oh wow, that sounds really nice!

I too am a woman who missed the end of the event. If anyone knows at least the first name of the mystery missing winner, please pm me lol.

I don't think so. I looked around FB too, to see if anyone mentioned winning it. Nada...

It's funny, in years past it was sort of like this...names never mentioned. Almost to the point of hiding it? I don't know if that's because the people who win don't want to be bothered, or if it's because they know they're going to sell a bunch of it and don't want to be identified through the sales. I dunno. Everyone is just real tight lipped about mentioning the names. It's always baffled me, too.

It's funny, in years past it was sort of like this...names never mentioned. Almost to the point of hiding it? I don't know if that's because the people who win don't want to be bothered, or if it's because they know they're going to sell a bunch of it and don't want to be identified through the sales. I dunno. Everyone is just real tight lipped about mentioning the names. It's always baffled me, too.

Maybe this person is really private, which is good. So many people dump so much of their private business on social media these days, it's crazy....

Maybe this person is really private, which is good. So many people dump so much of their private business on social media these days, it's crazy....

Yeah. I mean, it doesn't really bother me...it's just kinda...odd? I mean, there's usually 3 winners per year, and I've noticed this trend for pretty much the entire time I've been attending events. Like, some people know the folks who win, obviously. But it almost never gets mentioned after the event, not even with people just popping up to say "congratulations". You would just think some people would be reserved about it, but others would want to share what they got, want to trade away some of it, etc.

Very curious.

There were 3 Grand Prize winners. The first lady was there in-person, the next two announced were not there in-person. They said that the prize bags would be mailed to them. it was made clear at the Event that you did not have to be "present" to win.

I never figured out the names of the women who won. I agree with Abyssinian. I also think it is odd that prize winners don't seem to come forward often (ever?)...there are a lot of pin people out there who like to share their finds, so it is kinda surprising that no one really talks about their prizes after the events...

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be a great surprise to receive a box of pins in the mail? But I was still at the event and none of the names were mine. I cannot complain though. My name was drawn for one of the games. I lost in hearts and arrows, but still left with an amazing bag of pins and swag.

When I read "short name starting with A," I thought of you.

I wasn't able to get out of the back room in time to hear the names.

Wouldn't it be a great surprise to receive a box of pins in the mail? But I was still at the event and none of the names were mine. I cannot complain though. My name was drawn for one of the games. I lost in hearts and arrows, but still left with an amazing bag of pins and swag.

Show off what you got! :)

I don't have the capability to post my personal pictures. But in the 3rd page of the LIAA Pin Haul thread started by Merlin, Haunted575 posted my pin pictures (day 1 and then day 2). The prize pins are pictured in post #57. The top-ish half of the day 2 picture are the prize for a 2nd place (really last place) hearts and arrows (tic tac toe with hearts and arrows) finish. More than half are HKDL pins and I wanted the Mickey pins from the HKDL 10th anniversary tins, so very excited about those 10 Mickey Mouse pins. The non-HKDL pins are all APs. I collect star wars, the AP SW booster set is an amazing addition to my SW collection!

Another way to differentiate the prize from my board and private trades is... its the pins in packages or on card backs (except for the 60th Anniversary Jafar - which was a private trade.) Total was 25 pins and the Monster's Inc. lanyard dangle.

When I read "short name starting with A," I thought of you.

I wasn't able to get out of the back room in time to hear the names.

I think I also had a second or two of excitement as they started to say the name.

By the way, thanks for being in the audience for moral support, as I went down in flames answering Disney trivia. All in all, well worth sitting through 3 trivia questions (yes everyone, that was all it took for me to lose) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back