• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information
2nd doll I miss... Booo. I guess I'll have to stick with the ones I have ( my prized doll being SW)

I know this is stupid speculation, but do you guys think next year will be "Art of Jasmine?" I mean, Aladdin is coming out on Diamond Edition and they haven't made any Aladdin 17" dolls...just thinking.

There are already listings on eBay. :(
So sorry to everyone who couldn't get her.
Shame on your scalpers!

Those should be reported because the refund policy ebay has doesn't cover that far in advance. Therefore if someone buys one and then has issues, it's too late for them to get their money back

WOW! She sold out quicker than Ariel!! I remember the days when the LE dolls would be up for days, sometimes weeks!

Yeah this is the first doll I've missed, and I'm extremely disappointed. I wonder if this has to do with the limited number being available on the website after being sold in stores earlier? Being from Australia, I don't have the option to buy in store, so I'm really quite sad I missed her. But, there's nothing I can do I guess, so no point crying over spilled milk. Congratulations to everyone who got her :) I hope you enjoy her. And anyone who bought two and doesn't want one, please let me know and I'll gladly purchase her off you.
I just checked ebay and all the dolls going for under $399 are being snapped up instantly. It's just crazy.

Wow, can't believe the prizes on eBay for her! And yes , for the Jasmine doll I'll for sure take a day off work to get the preorder in person!

I know this is stupid speculation, but do you guys think next year will be "Art of Jasmine?" I mean, Aladdin is coming out on Diamond Edition and they haven't made any Aladdin 17" dolls...just thinking.

I really hope so! I wonder what the 17" LE Jasmine would look like as well, since she's had 2 designer dolls released. Maybe they'd release her in her purple outfit at the end? Whatever outfit they make her in, I'll bet she's stunning. But I desperately want a nice Jasmine mug that isn't a pedestal mug :/ I want a latte style one like Ariel's!

Uhm, someone said on facebook they could put 3 dolls in same cart. Could be reason why site crashed and maybe some might be available soon. Congratz! to all who got her. I won't be getting her, I want Maleficent :D.

Well I am disappointed :(. I could get neither the pin or the doll due to the site's lag in updates and what with the site slowing down and eventually crashing. I am sure a bunch of scalpers got her too. These past two days have reminded me just how stressful and frustrating of a hobby this can be sometimes haha :lol:. I really hope these issues with the site and scalpers aren't as bad with things like the designer dolls or the Maleficent doll.

Last edited:
Uhm, someone said on facebook they could put 3 dolls in same cart. Could be reason why site crashed and maybe some might be available soon. Congratz! to all who got her. I won't be getting her, I want Maleficent :D.

I was able to put 5 dolls in my cart, but it wouldn't let me check out. I was just doing that for fun after I got mine :lol: Trust me, that person could not have possibly checked out with all 3...

I just checked ebay and all the dolls going for under $399 are being snapped up instantly. It's just crazy.

Really?!?!? O___O If they are up this late, why didn't they just get the doll off DS.com? Jk but how can you tell? eBay always takes time to update with sold listings...but I actually don't see any listings $350 or lower o_O

Last edited:
I got an order number but as of yet no email confirmation.... is that bad?

Nope! Give it some time, and if nothing then check your junk mail (sometimes they get shoved in there because your email doesn't realize how cruel it's being). If nothing after a while then call the 1-800 number tomorrow and ask them to check your order

Every doll that I view on ebay (not buying one, despite wanting to really badly), comes up with an alert saying "62 people are viewing this in the last hour" - that's how they're going so fast. It's SO STUPID. Yes okay... I'm mad. I'm trying hard not to be, but I just can't not be. People have multiple for sale on ebay... I just want one for goodness sake, to sit on my shelf for me to look at. GRRRRR...

Yes... I'm not used to missing out on dolls... haha

I was able to put 5 dolls in my cart, but it wouldn't let me check out. I was just doing that for fun after I got mine :lol: Trust me, that person could not have possibly checked out with all 3... Really?!?!? O___O If they are up this late, why didn't they just get the doll off DS.com? Jk but how can you tell? eBay always takes time to update with sold listings...but I actually don't see any listings $350 or lower o_O
does it take the site a while to make the doll savailable after being put in the cart but didn't get purchased?

It seems likely. I didn't think they would do one for Aurora, so I guess its a new trend with all their new diamond edition princess movie releases. But hopefully most of the merchandise won't be focused on just Jasmine, as the film is called "Aladdin" after all :lol:. Still its gonna be interesting to see what they do with Jasmine next year. I am sure the dolls will look fantastic with the Arabian styled clothing.

Every doll that I view on ebay (not buying one, despite wanting to really badly), comes up with an alert saying "62 people are viewing this in the last hour" - that's how they're going so fast. It's SO STUPID. Yes okay... I'm mad. I'm trying hard not to be, but I just can't not be. People have multiple for sale on ebay... I just want one for goodness sake, to sit on my shelf for me to look at. GRRRRR...

*hug* sorry you missed out, that really sucks :( I think your best bet would be to wait until they're released in October (everybody always freaks out and spends crazy amounts right after it sells out) and if they're still super expensive, then wait for the off-season (after Christmas and before summer) 'cause that's when you're going to find the best deals

Really?!?!? O___O If they are up this late, why didn't they just get the doll off DS.com? Jk but how can you tell? eBay always takes time to update with sold listings...but I actually don't see any listings $350 or lower o_O

Like me, they probably tried to get one off the store but couldn't.
I was looking at one for $249. Left the page, came back - BAM - sold. Clicked on another listing, BAM went to the sold screen. It's just utter madness. I think people freaked out because of Frozen to be honest, despite Aurora not being as popular. If the hobby keeps up like this, I won't be continuing collecting, but I will wait and see how the next release goes before I really decide on that :)

Wow…
She went faster than Anna and Elsa - think she was gone by 00:14 am…
Either she's more popular than I thought or we'll have a scalper flood soon - kinda thinking the second option, like Tinkerbell.

On a positive note… I had issues with my credit card (wouldn't accept my name at first) so I got really stressed out, but finally it went through… phew...

Last edited:

Something about this whole thing just seems so strange to me. I get that Aurora has a fan base, as I love her too, but there is NO way I am believing that she is so popular that she sold out almost faster than Anna and Elsa. If people on eBay have multiple for sale, then its possible that the site glitched and some people actually got to buy more than one. But I am sure the Disney Store wont actually ship out more than one if that is what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back