• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information
Couldn't resist and ordered 17 inches LE Ariel on ebay for 215 € (nearly 280 US Dollar). She is so beautiful, cannot wait to see her in person. Don't think that her price will decrease in the future. She is along with Coronation Anna the LE i desire the most. In my opinion LE Ariel is even more beautiful than the Elsa Dolls.

You won't be disappointed, she is absolutely beautiful in person! I love her details!

Congrats on getting the Ariel I'm sure you will love her! I used to have her but did sell her as I personally wasn't a fan of her and she was my least favourite of all the princess dolls released.

I love Ariel too - she's so beautiful with all the details. I have two - her and Merida and I think they're two of the best. :)

I am so in love with Ariel LE ♥♥
P1050205_zps26700cff.jpg

P1050213_zps7de75664.jpg

I love those pictures! I think Ariel is one of those that looks better out of the box! The awkward pose and the fact that you could see her doll stand put me off but she looks nice out of the box. I do think Ariel has a beautiful face and hair but hate the large petal fin and the jewellery etc. Her hair colour really pops in your photos against the green.

Wow those pictures are stunning! Wanna see more! Thanks to all of you, Matthewlondon i guess i understand you, everybody has his or her own taste but i see it the other way round, love her details and everything, she looks like a "real" doll along with Snow, Rapunzel, Alice and so on! Can't wait to introduce her to my Anna and Elsa dolls! :)

I've heard there will be a 17" maleficent and prince philip in october. Anybody hear about this?
I can't wait to see Maleficent. It's assumed Maleficent will come out since we got Mother Gothel, Queen of Hearts, Lady Tremaine, Ursula. So it's a good bet she Will come out. As for Phillip, he's only suspected to come out because last year there was the Surprise Prince Eric doll.

The link fairies have helped me before also. It is a shame we have to resort to that because the site can't handle the traffic or can't update in time or whatever the case may be. Having the link active prior with the button grayed out or missing is Such a good idea.

I'm not sure I like the gold strands in Aurora's hair. It makes sense for Rapunzel. But the dolls always look better in person that in pictures so I'm sure it will still look great.

I think we will get Aladdin when Jasmine comes out, most likely he'll be in the Prince Ali outfit. I hope the year after they release Pocahontas and Mulan, how can they not make them?

I can't wait to get aurora, I will have to restrain myself from not opening her LOL.:lol:But I don't think I would want to collect the last princesses like mulan, Pocahontas, or jasmine. They are nice characters, but they were never really my favorite, and I never saw mulan until a year ago. I guess I prefer the princesses I grew up with as a child.:sad:

Last edited:
I never understood why they don't come out with low editions of other heroines; Jane, Kida, Wendy, ect. Both Hercules and Tarzan are coming to Blu-Ray this year, and I would love to get myself a 17" Megara doll.

It's highly unlikely that they will do wendy, Peter Pan already came out in diamond edition, and that would have been a opportunity. Besides, her face would look too much like the alice limited edition doll since their faces look very alike.:|

Last edited:
It's very unlikely that they would do kida or Wendy. First of all, Peter Pan has already been released on diamond edition, and that was a opportunity for her, and besides, the doll for Wendy would resemble too much like alice since they share similar features; it would just be alice in a Wendy dress. As for kida, she's not popular, or even that recogonized, she doesn't look that good anyway.:sad::poke:

Oops, sorry I rewrote the part with Wendy by accident.:werd:

Last edited:
That's why I mentioned low edition sizes. I think Kida would make a beautiful doll personally, but to each their own. Alice was only LE500, if they do that much or lower, they could still make money. I was just personally dreaming of dreams...

At least you may have a chance with meg. It could be a surprise release, but I wouldn't be able to get her if I wanted to since I'm held back with a strong force of unshakable nature..............which would be my mother.:nono:

I should be be more than grateful that she allowed me to get the LE aurora doll. Oh well. It counted as a early birthday present for me even though I won't get her till October.:p

Last edited:
That's why I mentioned low edition sizes. I think Kida would make a beautiful doll personally, but to each their own. Alice was only LE500, if they do that much or lower, they could still make money. I was just personally dreaming of dreams...

I think Kida would make a beautiful doll as well. She would definitely be unique and could come with her mask and spear as accessories.

I never understood why they don't come out with low editions of other heroines; Jane, Kida, Wendy, ect. Both Hercules and Tarzan are coming to Blu-Ray this year, and I would love to get myself a 17" Megara doll.

The same can be said about the princesses who were omitted, Mulan and Pocahontas. We got four Frozen related dolls but zero Mulan and Pocahontas ones.

Also whilst the heroines are great characters there are two major points that hinder them from being made into dolls:
1) these characters are no where near as popular as the princesses with most people probably not knowing which movie the character is from
2) these characters are from movies that have long since come and gone and most non-heirloom dolls were released only to help promote movie releases. The only exception to this was Jack and Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas.

After next year that will be all the diamond edition releases (possibly the another release Spring 2016 with 101 Dalmatians and a possible Cruella) therefore it raises the question if Disney will release more LE dolls going forward or if they will do something new. The main issue that I see is that if they keep releasing dolls of the more minor characters you will probably find that the line will slowly dwindle and lose popularity. Unless the doll is stunning like Alice is then I don't really see that happening. If Disney had stagnated the releases and have a non heirloom/princess release in Spring and then a princess release in fall they could have balanced these releases a little more and released more characters.

Then again they may revisit some characters/movies already released and do another doll based on that, so the Evil Queen, possibly another Belle and another Cinderella as they were done rather poorly.

I recently re-watched Mulan and although the movie itself isn't that popular (like other disney movies, Cinderella or Little Mermaid for instance) i would really LOVE to see a limited release of her as a doll in the future! Just imagine her details and everything, she could be so beautiful, even like Snow or Alice! Nevertheless i think Polaris is right, these movies aren't popular enough and maybe Disney does not think it could be worth it. But there is still hope so don't give up! Even characters like Alice, Lady Tremaine and Eric were released as LE Dolls, so why not Mulan, Pocahontas or Megara?

At this point i can't imagine what could be next. I love the LE Dolls and hope to get releases of Mulan, Pocahontas and i also hope that despite the Frozen Hype Elsa and Anna will get their re-releases someday. On the one hand the LE Dolls should remain special as they are, but on the other hand i don't want Disney to give them up as they are probably the most beautiful dolls (and merchandise things) Disney ever made and i really would love to get all my favourite Disney Characters (/Princesses) as Dolls. I wish i could afford to get blonde Rapunzel, Snow Queen Elsa and Coronation Anna but their prices are beyond infinity! People are getting crazy because of the Frozen Hype and i can't see why i should spend more than 1000€/$1200 on a doll which was originally sold at 70€/99$. Is this my punishment for loving those amazing merchandise and the movie, but didn't grab them at release (because i didn't know)? I am willing to pay nearly 300 or even 400 Dollars for my beloved ones as i recently bought Ariel for $280 since they ARE limited, special, out of print and worth it, but everything beyond this point is just ridiculous and isn't funny anymore. Collecting should make fun and should be exciting, but not frustrating.

At least the disney store in the u.s. made a another designer set which includes mulan and pocahontas. It's not the big 17in heirloom dolls, but they still look stunning and detailed.:p

Yes they are really beautiful! Looking forward to buy them, Mulan is stunning! But still you can't compare them with the 17'' dolls... :(

True, but at least they are something, and I especially love the detail and embroidery on mulan's dress. The sets that caught my eye were Cinderella, aurora, and Mulan. Cinderella especially since she has darker hair, and a nicely detailed dress, but sadly I cannot afford since I just convinced my mother to let me preorder Aurora. Oh well.

Last edited:
:hs:Oh we'll, at least it's something, they all look beautiful, but I already preordered my aurora and the amount of money used will hold me off for a looooonnng time, but it will be worth it.:drool:

I also just watched Mulan and Pocahontas and my 17" doll collection would not be complete without them :( and Jasmine. I very much want Disney to make a Designer Male Villains (Gaston, Jafar, Dr. Facilier, Shan Yu, Governor Ratcliffe with Lady Tremaine in there :), so I can match them to my Designer Couples hehe... And either a 12" or 17" doll collection named Long Lost Friends or a Blast from the Past which could include couples or singles from: Tarzan, Atlantis, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Wendy & Peter Pan ^^.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back