• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information
And either a 12" or 17" doll collection named Long Lost Friends or a Blast from the Past which could include couples or singles from: Tarzan, Atlantis, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Wendy & Peter Pan ^^.
I would like to see this done. These characters have been ignored by Disney for too long. Despite this fact, there are still enough people that would like LE dolls of them. They can always do smaller edition sizes like they have done with the 17" villains and Eric. I would love to see both LE 17" and Designer versions of them, but if I could only have one I would prefer the 17".

I'm not the biggest fan of the Mulan movie but I would love to see what they could do for a LE 17 Mulan. It could be very beautiful, especially the doll's dress!

I would love to see some of the other princesses be made into a 17" doll. I was disappointed when a Pocahontas doll was not released with the blu ray. I would love to see Mulan get a 17" doll as well.

I'm looking forward to collecting the next set of designer couples but I think after that I might be done with LE 12" dolls because I love the 17" versions so much more and those boxes aren't small!!

Just want to throw this into the conversation, Alice is quite popular. Disney makes a fair amount of AiWL merch and it does sell well. I think she was such a low LE size because they incorporated elements of the live action film. I believe she is a grail doll not just because she is a low LE and it was the golden time before there was a lot of scalpers, but also because she has quite a following and is regularly supported by Disney.

That being said, I would love a new Alice more akin to the animated film.

But what Disney should really do is make some Fantasia LEs, can you imagine a LE Centaurette doll or a frost, dewdrop, or autumn fairy?! The 75th anniversary is coming up soon, I hope Disney doesn't miss out with too little merchandise.

:( Sorry, this is off topic, but I needed to know for those who preordered Aurora in store, when we are able to get her on the seventh of October, can we choose which doll we want from the selection, or do they just hand us a doll.:|

:( Sorry, this is off topic, but I needed to know for those who preordered Aurora in store, when we are able to get her on the seventh of October, can we choose which doll we want from the selection, or do they just hand us a doll.:|
You can get her when the store opens. I heard it's good to be there early since most stores allows you to pick between the dolls :)

At this point i can't imagine what could be next. I love the LE Dolls and hope to get releases of Mulan, Pocahontas and i also hope that despite the Frozen Hype Elsa and Anna will get their re-releases someday. On the one hand the LE Dolls should remain special as they are, but on the other hand i don't want Disney to give them up as they are probably the most beautiful dolls (and merchandise things) Disney ever made and i really would love to get all my favourite Disney Characters (/Princesses) as Dolls. I wish i could afford to get blonde Rapunzel, Snow Queen Elsa and Coronation Anna but their prices are beyond infinity! People are getting crazy because of the Frozen Hype and i can't see why i should spend more than 1000€/$1200 on a doll which was originally sold at 70€/99$. Is this my punishment for loving those amazing merchandise and the movie, but didn't grab them at release (because i didn't know)? I am willing to pay nearly 300 or even 400 Dollars for my beloved ones as i recently bought Ariel for $280 since they ARE limited, special, out of print and worth it, but everything beyond this point is just ridiculous and isn't funny anymore. Collecting should make fun and should be exciting, but not frustrating.

Yeah I hope Disney does not release another Frozen LE related doll unless it's Kristoff and Hans, dont get me wrong I love the movie but they are fast becoming overused. as many have said unless you actually own the dolls it is very hard to judge them because they are very different in person as opposed to the pictures. Yes Elsa and Anna were amazing dolls but no where near as nice as the Harrods set or Snow White and Alice. I think Snow White and Alice are far superior in style and quality when compared to Anna and Elsa.

Elsa is a great doll but i don't think she is timeless.

Just want to throw this into the conversation, Alice is quite popular. Disney makes a fair amount of AiWL merch and it does sell well. I think she was such a low LE size because they incorporated elements of the live action film. I believe she is a grail doll not just because she is a low LE and it was the golden time before there was a lot of scalpers, but also because she has quite a following and is regularly supported by Disney.

That being said, I would love a new Alice more akin to the animated film.

But what Disney should really do is make some Fantasia LEs, can you imagine a LE Centaurette doll or a frost, dewdrop, or autumn fairy?! The 75th anniversary is coming up soon, I hope Disney doesn't miss out with too little merchandise.

The Alice doll is actually based on the classic animated movie and doesn't incorporate anything from the live action movie released in 2010. It states it in the description that Disney provided when they sold the doll. To be honest it really is an amazing doll, again same argument as above, the doll is very different in person than in the photos and I think she is absolutely stunning. I guess I love the classic and timeless look that both Alice and Snow White have. I think instead of the doll being an exact replica of the animated character they had to change her up a bit to make the doll stand out. Her dress in the movie would looks simple also the animated character does not have very much detail in her face therefore you can imagine how hard it would be to translate this into a doll form. For what it's worth I think Disney did a great job.

Just as a FYI here is the link for the original listing for Alice:
http://www.disneystore.com/limited-edition-alice-in-wonderland-doll-17/mp/1290940/0/

Last edited:
Seeing the original post at $99 for Alice is almost heart wrenching, and then to read the reviews that someone bought her for their 8-year-old. Oh goodness haha.

Deartiana - that's so funny! I hope that 8 year-old enjoyed her! LOL! She is a beautiful doll, more so in person! Polaris - so funny to see the original link! I was very lucky to buy her, after market though, but before she shot up like crazy. In terms of beauty, I have to say I think of all the dolls, Snow White is the absolute prettiest. I've been searching for her for years - I'd do almost anything to have her! (ALMOST trade my Harrods Frozen or my whole Designer Fairytale Couples Set! lol). I can't wait for more 17 in dolls! I hope Jasmine will be next! (Besides Phillip and Maleficent).

:mad:I just feel abit uneasy about people giving these LE dolls to little kids. Kids don't know how to take care of toys, and I bet that the alice that was given to the 8 year old is a tangled mess by now.:anxious: But unless the kids know how to take care of them or handle them carefully, then a guess its 0k.:|

Probably not, they probably thought that they were just very detailed toys, and the 6+ sign on the box probably led them to think that that it was alright for her.:mad: And if they do know the value of the doll by now, they would probably feel like kicking themselves.:nono:

Last edited:
I love how it states for ages 6+ but then has a disclaimer reading: *Intended for adult collectors -- Not a child's toy.

In that lady's defense she said her 8 year old daughter "loves it but doesn't want to take it out of the box". So that's a plus lol. :lol:

I've wondered, when you preorder a LE doll in store, do they have all the dolls in the store ready for the release date?Or are the dolls shipped to the disney store later? Any answers appreciated.:wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back