• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information
I have been offered a mint Snow White with lithographs for around $900 / £540
is this a good deal for her? I know it's still way way over retail but it's never going to be cheap. Just wondered what people thought on this price?

$900 is a lot of money (in general), but as others have said, if you really like and want the doll then a high amount of money will have to be spent :/ If you really want her, I would get her. If you regret it later, I'm sure you can sell her back on ebay. Are you leaning towards any decision?

Thank u all for ur inputs and advice . As someone said earlier people spend there money on different things. Eg I know someone who has spent over £600 / $1,000 on tires for their car lol. Waste of money in my opionon but hey they like there cars. I think I will get her . I always have wanted her so be a great edition to the collection

I think it's the same face mold as at least the 17" LE Snow White.

Both dolls, Snow and Alice, I would love to have in my collection. But I just got Coronation Anna and she was basically the only doll I would splurge on as the movie and character means a lot to me. (^ ^)

The LE Snow White doll looks different, than the alice doll, I think they used the 2011 Snow White singing dolls.

Everybody collects things, one person can spend $2000 on a doll, and someone else can buy a painting, or stamps. To each their own IMO. I know my mom would have a heart attack if she knew how much I spent on my dolls, and claim it to be a "waste of money", but this is what *I* like.

Thats exactly how my mom feels about these dolls, since I'm not old enough to have a job, I have to use her funds to pay for these dolls, and that takes a lot of begging lol:lol: But I'll be able to get a job in the summer and I'll get more LE dolls.

Thats exactly how my mom feels about these dolls, since I'm not old enough to have a job, I have to use her funds to pay for these dolls, and that takes a lot of begging lol:lol: But I'll be able to get a job in the summer and I'll get more LE dolls.

Haha you're lucky, my mom would NEVER buy me a $100 doll. "Waste of money, pick something better." Right now I have a full-time job, so I can save up money and buy whatever I want. Mom's opinion is invalid because it's *my* money. ;)

Haha you're lucky, my mom would NEVER buy me a $100 doll. "Waste of money, pick something better." Right now I have a full-time job, so I can save up money and buy whatever I want. Mom's opinion is invalid because it's *my* money. ;)

My mom feels like these dolls are a waste of money too. But after a few days of begging and asking, I was finally able to get the LE aurora doll.

I think the only people who understand your hobby are other people in that hobby. I think it's weird people collect cereal boxes, stamps, cookie jars, etc. but to each his/her own!

I understand why parents are reluctant to purchase their children these dolls, they're expensive! My mom gets worked up when I buy things and she doesn't even pay for them LOL.

My 2 simple tips are:
1. Deny you bought anything - "What? I had that a long time ago!"
2. Knock off a zero - $500 = I paid $50

:rofl:

Took the plunge and bough Snow White. I am collecting these for my 3 girls who absolutely love these dolls. Just hope she does not decrease in value. Hopefully one day they can sell them for some money when I am long in the ground haha.

My husband has paid most of my dolls (I'm a student - he has a full time job), but I only had to show him their prices on ebay, then he didn't mind my expensive hobby. I don't he minds buying me expensive stuff, the problem is that I often get bored with hobbies, so that's his security that if I ever regretted getting the dolls in the future, there would be no money loss.

My mother agrees that they're beautiful and she allows me to buy whatever makes me happy. And if she can help, she will. She often says "I'd rather you spend it on Disney than on drugs, parties, etc." and she's right. Disney is my love, it's a hobby and it's a big part of my life. And I'm lucky that she's happy if I'm happy. She even fell in love with my LE Anna after I unwrapped her. :lol:

I'm new to the forums, but I was nodding to myself about the parent sentiments, so I felt like I had to post!

I'm a student who's just starting college, and my parents think I'm nuts for even wanting to spend that much money on a doll :p I've got enough money saved up from graduation and my birthday to maybe afford the Coronation Elsa, but the problem is that she would cost practically all of my spending money. I've still got plenty in savings, but my parents are trying to talk me out of spending everything at once. Alas, if I could go back to January and just click that Pre-Order button!

Took the plunge and bough Snow White. I am collecting these for my 3 girls who absolutely love these dolls. Just hope she does not decrease in value. Hopefully one day they can sell them for some money when I am long in the ground haha.

It is not always about the value, im sure your daughters will love them regardless of whether or not the value increases or decreases as they are really nice dolls.

My husband has paid most of my dolls (I'm a student - he has a full time job), but I only had to show him their prices on ebay, then he didn't mind my expensive hobby. I don't he minds buying me expensive stuff, the problem is that I often get bored with hobbies, so that's his security that if I ever regretted getting the dolls in the future, there would be no money loss.

Yeah I think that is the mail problem with hobbies like this, if it is a hobby it should be something you can fund yourself, that way you worked for it and can appreciate the the hard work behind getting these dolls. I am not saying that those who buy them with their parent's or partner's money will not appreciate it but you are less likely to get bored of something the harder you work for it to achieve or obtain it. It is just like those that work hard and exercise to lose weight are more likely to keep it off compared to those that look for opt for quick fixes then just gain the weight back again. It all just comes down to a persons mentality.

I could have got Snow White for about $450 last year and I'm kicking myself!! Ugh! I'd LOVE her. My Alice was quite pricey - a little more than $500. But congrats for Snow. I hope to get her one day!! :)

I buy all my dolls and my boyfriend thought I was nuts until I told him what kind of prices they go for now. I collect them because I love them and not because they are worth money. He doesn't understand that. That's why I come on here to talk to you guys who have the same passion for them as I do :)

I buy a lot of the stuff myself, but I am also lucky as my birthday falls in the beginning of doll season so I usually just ask for some for my birthday and some for Christmas and then I pay for the extras. My 2011 designer dolls I got Cinderella from my sister, Belle from my boyfriend for my birthday, and then Mulan and Rapunzel for Christmas from my parents, and then I bought Jasmine myself. My 2013 designer couples I bought Snow White, Rapunzel, and Jasmine myself and then received Belle and Ariel from my parents for Christmas, then my LE November Elsa was from both my sisters for Christmas, and the March Anna I pre-ordered with my Christmas money. While I do appreciate the ones I bought myself, my collection is only as big as it is because people have been kind enough to gift me with dolls during my birthday and Christmas, otherwise it would have been at the very most half the size it is now. Actually a lot of the gifted dolls are my favourites because I associate them with my favourite people :)

My mother agrees that they're beautiful and she allows me to buy whatever makes me happy. And if she can help, she will. She often says "I'd rather you spend it on Disney than on drugs, parties, etc." and she's right. Disney is my love, it's a hobby and it's a big part of my life. And I'm lucky that she's happy if I'm happy. She even fell in love with my LE Anna after I unwrapped her. :lol:

thats how how my parents are, it takes a while to convince them, but they want me to be happy and eventually:p I get what I want, but that means I have to do extra chores and responsabilities.

I buy all my dolls and my boyfriend thought I was nuts until I told him what kind of prices they go for now. I collect them because I love them and not because they are worth money. He doesn't understand that. That's why I come on here to talk to you guys who have the same passion for them as I do :)

I know how you feel. My mom has never liked dolls that were barbie like; disney princess dolls are ok for her, but she prefers baby dolls in my opinion, are very creepy. Anyway, tries to discourage me from getting these dolls because of the cost, waste of money, or how she's not made of money:lol:, but I persist and she gives in to see me happy. My dad on the other hand encourages my passion for these dolls and likes how they look. I guess my mom doesn't care about dolls or collecting.:sad:

I don't know if anyone will have tried this before, but I figure this is the best group to ask. I have a 17" doll I would like to display in my office, which is not exactly public but there are kids and people in the hallways at times and they could wander in, especially since I'm not there all day every day. She is not a limited edition, but she's a customized doll so she's not really replaceable. I would like to anchor her somehow to the desk where she will be displayed, sort of like the security cables people use for laptops or something along those lines that I can modify for this. She would be on a stand, not in a box. Has anyone tried this before? Any ideas about how to do it would be greatly appreciated!

I would advise against that as kids will play tug of war with the anchor and ultimately damage the doll. I would put the doll in a display case and glue it to the desk.

I have A question for those who have deboxed their 17in LE dolls; are the back of their clothes still nicely done with rhinestones and embroidery? I don't plan on taking out my aurora when i get her, but I was just curious if they have rhinestones and such at the back of their dresses.:anxious:

I have (1) 17" Cinderella LE 5000 dolls if anyone is interested :) I'd be happy to trade for pins or asking $235 as "goods " via PayPal shipped and insured (OBO). Just throwing the offer out there. Pin-trading-wise I collect Ariel, Rapunzel & Maleficent. Have plenty of photos I just took that I'm happy to e-mail to anyone. COAs are 1930/5000 & 2794/5000. One has sold, but 1 is still available (not sure which number my buyer wants yet). I may also have a full designer villains set that I've been contemplating selling or trading as well.

This is in the wrong spot there is a section within the forum for other sale/trade. You will have more luck finding someone interested as most people go to this thread for news.

I have A question for those who have deboxed their 17in LE dolls; are the back of their clothes still nicely done with rhinestones and embroidery? I don't plan on taking out my aurora when i get her, but I was just curious if they have rhinestones and such at the back of their dresses.:anxious:

the pattern/design goes all the way around the dress not just the front/visible part.

Thank you, this helped.:wavey:

Im so excited for October seventh. This will be my second LE doll and my first 17 in LE doll. The hard part is waiting and finding a good place to display her lol

Last edited:
Thanks, I am aware. Like I said, "just throwing it out there." One has already sold anyway, thx.

Adding the words "just throwing it out there" doesn't make it ok, besides you are literally advertising that you are selling an item.

It's like saying "just kidding" after an inappropriate remark.

I was just pointing out that there is a proper location for those sort of posts and that you might have better luck on there, either way good luck with your sale. Glad you were already able to sell one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back