• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes i I have seen a few on eBay for $900 - $1000 in last week or 2. That uk one u r referring to is expensive yes but looking at it I have not seen one listed in the uk for a long time so this seller may get lucky . U never know.
I am sure u will get her for ur price u r looking for. Let us know when u get her

Thanks! When I do get her I will be sure to post lots of pics!!!. LOL- the seller would have to be VERY lucky to get double price for a doll that looks like she has been removed from the box. Her hair looks like she is making the walk of shame. :).

Stranger things have happened . Haha . I wonder what the next doll to reach the heights of
snow and blue elsa . It's a crazy world

Why is Alice always overlooked, she is the highest selling doll and yet goes unnoticed. To be honest Elsa is a hype increase and will never catch up to Alice, she was able to catch up to Snow but not to Alice.

I just think that Alice has the advantage due to her low edition size.

To be honest I don't think any future dolls will sell for as much, I think that now that a lot of scalpers have learned about these dolls they actually help collectors because it means that the secondary market will be flooded with these dolls and will hopefully bring the price down. Basic economics, higher supply means that the buyer has the power to determine the price. Unfortunately you have some people that are too lazy to do their research or too impatient that they just go with the easier buy it now options and pay the ridiculous prices over-inflating the value.

But like with over-inflation eventually that bubble will burst. Listings like the one above is hopeful but it does just take one sucker to buy the item at the end of the day the scalpers can list the items for whatever amount they want however it is the buyer's fault for accepting to buy these dolls at crazy prices.

I just hope the LE doll line will end soon with the diamond edition releases coming to a close.

Why is Alice always overlooked, she is the highest selling doll and yet goes unnoticed. To be honest Elsa is a hype increase and will never catch up to Alice, she was able to catch up to Snow but not to Alice.

I just think that Alice has the advantage due to her low edition size.

To be honest I don't think any future dolls will sell for as much, I think that now that a lot of scalpers have learned about these dolls they actually help collectors because it means that the secondary market will be flooded with these dolls and will hopefully bring the price down. Basic economics, higher supply means that the buyer has the power to determine the price. Unfortunately you have some people that are too lazy to do their research or too impatient that they just go with the easier buy it now options and pay the ridiculous prices over-inflating the value.

But like with over-inflation eventually that bubble will burst. Listings like the one above is hopeful but it does just take one sucker to buy the item at the end of the day the scalpers can list the items for whatever amount they want however it is the buyer's fault for accepting to buy these dolls at crazy prices.

I just hope the LE doll line will end soon with the diamond edition releases coming to a close.

I totally agree. Please stop buying over priced dolls people. It is making the prices ridiculous. If people stopped buying at the ridiculous prices sellers would lower there price. The Aurora doll is an example. Scalpers galore selling them on eBay. They don't sell so the seller lowers the price thus they sell for less.
:)

Hey everyone. I just joined the 17" LE doll craze in May, so I am rather new to this all but I have been reading up about these dolls and the ebay prices ever since. I've been saving every penny from my summer job and I was able to buy Snow Gear Anna and Purple Rapunzel. They are gorgeous! Aurora is one of my favorite princesses, so of course I had to have her beautiful doll. I live in the east coast, so I had to wake up at 3 am to purchase her online. I fell asleep before I could set my alarm (I was exhausted from working earlier that day) and by the time I woke up they were all sold out :(

Even right after she sold out, the ebay prices are insane. $400 for a doll that has just been released? Insane!

So what I am trying to figure out is can I even buy her, and if so, when. I've read that I shouldn't buy her now because of the 30 day Ebay guarantee will be over before October comes, so if she is broken or messed with there is nothing I can do. Not to mention the inflated prices she is being listed at currently. But what if the prices get higher and higher as time passes? Will she ever be sold at a reasonable price? Any advice on the topic will be appreciated :)

In my opinion Elsa and Snow are more popular because they are beautiful and pretty movie accurate, Espically Elsa! While Alice gets overlooked because she is expensive and IMO ugly and apart from Barbie looks nothing like a Disney character. I do think people need to stop driving the price up though to ridiculous prices!
I too will be happy when this LE line ends after the diamond releases in 2016(I belive) to much stress!

I actually love Alice more than Elsa. I love Alice's dress. <3 It's so royal.

I don't think she's worth the money people ask, though. For me that is, I'm not judging anyone. I just can't justify paying more than $200 for a collectable.

Hey everyone. I just joined the 17" LE doll craze in May, so I am rather new to this all but I have been reading up about these dolls and the ebay prices ever since. I've been saving every penny from my summer job and I was able to buy Snow Gear Anna and Purple Rapunzel. They are gorgeous! Aurora is one of my favorite princesses, so of course I had to have her beautiful doll. I live in the east coast, so I had to wake up at 3 am to purchase her online. I fell asleep before I could set my alarm (I was exhausted from working earlier that day) and by the time I woke up they were all sold out :(

Even right after she sold out, the ebay prices are insane. $400 for a doll that has just been released? Insane!

So what I am trying to figure out is can I even buy her, and if so, when. I've read that I shouldn't buy her now because of the 30 day Ebay guarantee will be over before October comes, so if she is broken or messed with there is nothing I can do. Not to mention the inflated prices she is being listed at currently. But what if the prices get higher and higher as time passes? Will she ever be sold at a reasonable price? Any advice on the topic will be appreciated :)

Welcome to doll collecting! Sorry that you missed out on Aurora, but it happens to the best of us :) As for buying on ebay, not only are you not covered if she's broken or damaged during shipping, you're not covered if they "lose" the doll in the mail or other scary scenarios in which you'd be out a lot of money! Your best bet would be to wait until the seller has the doll in hand. I would also wait a bit, I'm sure the market will be saturated with Auroras BUT you could get one for a decent price if you wait for all the desperate people to snatch theirs up at high prices. The key with doll collecting is patience- if you wait and keep your eye on sales, you can usually get a doll at a good price that you're more comfortable with. I would also suggest you look to buy from fellow collectors (perhaps they want to sell in order to buy another item or they just didn't like the item as much as they thought they would) as they're usually nicer about prices and understand the frustration with buying items at much higher prices on the secondary markets. They're also more likely to ship the doll insured and wrapped up securely to avoid damages. Good luck with your search, I'm sure you'll be able to get Aurora soon and at a good price!

you should just wait until the ebay sellers have her in hand. I think the LE aurora doll isn't that pricey, but it's best to wait.

Like the others have said it would be best to wait to get Aurora. Once she is out in October you may find some collectors have more than one and they are willing to sell one on. This is surely going to be better than buying from eBay.
I guess time will tell. :)

In my opinion Elsa and Snow are more popular because they are beautiful and pretty movie accurate, Espically Elsa! While Alice gets overlooked because she is expensive and IMO ugly and apart from Barbie looks nothing like a Disney character. I do think people need to stop driving the price up though to ridiculous prices!
I too will be happy when this LE line ends after the diamond releases in 2016(I belive) to much stress!

Interesting you think Alice is ugly while Snow is beautiful since they share the same facemold. Despite how exquisite I think LE Snow is, I don't find it to be all that accurate in face or outfit. Both Alice and Snow dolls to me look like a more mature and more beautiful version of their animated counterparts. I don't think Alice gets overlooked either; she is many people's grail doll.

The most accurate LE doll to me is Elsa, but I find both Snow and Alice to be more beautiful than her. I would never spend the crazy scalper prices on any LE doll though. I can't justify paying that much more for a doll that was originally just $99. I will be sad when the LE line ends, I love it and wouldn't mind if it went on forever haha. If it has to end, I hope they at least finish up the current princesses- Mulan, Pocahontas, Jasmine. I think we'll see one for Moana down the line though.

I would love to get the LE Snow White doll, it would be amazing. But it's waaaaay out of my reach. Anyway, I thought the LE alice doll shared the same mold with the 2011 Snow White singing doll.:werd:

Do you guys think they will make a 17" Mulan and Pocahontas sometime in the future? It would seem silly to leave out 2 princesses after they made almost all of them.

I hope they will do Poca and Mulan before the line ends too! those are some of my favorite ladies.

I have to agree with the earlier conversation. I don't think dolls will continue the way of Snow or Elsa. I also feel like collectors will catch on to the pathetic, false sob stories that scalpers paste all over the forums/internet to get good deals on dolls. Collectors try to help each other out by giving someone a good deal, then the person turns around and lists the doll for double what they paid. These people are making money off of the generosity of true collectors. Seriously, as sad as it is, this is the reality of collecting and everyone needs to be aware of it.

I hope they will do Poca and Mulan before the line ends too! those are some of my favorite ladies.

I have to agree with the earlier conversation. I don't think dolls will continue the way of Snow or Elsa. I also feel like collectors will catch on to the pathetic, false sob stories that scalpers paste all over the forums/internet to get good deals on dolls. Collectors try to help each other out by giving someone a good deal, then the person turns around and lists the doll for double what they paid. These people are making money off of the generosity of true collectors. Seriously, as sad as it is, this is the reality of collecting and everyone needs to be aware of it.

Agreed. Many have already caught on, luckily. That's the downside on making everything public and, for example, using familiar usernames. Just a matter of time until others follow.

And a 17" Mulan would be bliss, oh em gee.

I see this happen a lot. They post a big sob of some reason they couldn't get the doll, or they are low on cash because of something dramatic. So people give them a fair deal and next thing you know, they find their doll on eBay for triple. It's devastating and I hate how they lure for the people willing to just be NICE to someone.

Kills the joy for everyone, huh?

People actually do that? Make sob stories to get dolls just to sell? This is honestly the first I'm hearing of this, but it doesn't really suprise me. The whole scalper thing has gotten so much worse since the success of Frozen. It makes me worried about how things are gonna go with the Designer Dolls and the Maleficent doll (Phillip too if there is one).

Last edited:
People actually do that? Make sob stories to get dolls just to sell? This is honestly the first I'm hearing of this, but it doesn't really suprise me. The whole scalper thing has gotten so much worse since the success of Frozen. It makes me worried about how things are gonna go with the Designer Dolls and the Maleficent doll (Phillip too if there is one).

Speaking of, am I the only one who is worried the site may slow down and crash on October 7th? Thats the day the Cinderella Designer set, Maleficent, and possibly Phillip all come out at once, so I can only imagine what the site's traffic will be like.

Yep. On this forum, too. And people were doing it long before Frozen, but Frozen brought in a new group of these sob story scalpers. Many if not most veteran members can spot them a mile away. That is why I advise anyone reading this: if you want to stop scalpers, research the username you are buying from or selling to! Being on this forum does not make someone trustworthy.

Don't feel worried. These people will have a slap in the face from karma.

But yes, what pilcrow said. Google usernames and read their posts on the forum. I know it sounds like some detective but you can actually really notice certain patterns when you read someone's threads or comments. Like pilcrow said, just being on this forum doesn't mean you're not a scalper, unfortunately.

I would not say she is ugly but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. To me Alice has a classic look. Whereas Elsa has a more modern look, so it is like comparing apples and oranges. I do get a little disappointed when people undermine the beauty of Alice because she is so expensive and in most cases people try to find a reason to hate the item to justify them never being able to buy it, you would be surprised but this happens a lot especially since people have never been able to see the dolls in real life and like i say time and time again, these dolls are very different in person when compared against photos.

I definitely disagree about the Barbie look as her face mould is the same as Snow White, just because a doll has blonde hair it doesn't make her Barbie. Cinderella does look very Barbie and even Designer Aurora because of their newer look.

Also the Elsa LE doll is actually far from being movie accurate, same thing with Snow White. Her face is a lot thinner on the doll than it is in the movie, her doll is a lot paler (and in the Harrods set she has a purple hue to her skin tone like a lighter version of Ursula). Also her hair is way off.

14884938327_471ceb7a15_m.jpg

That being said those are all minor things and personally I still think the doll is amazing even with it's obvious variations.

Elsa really was a hype doll whereas Snow White and Alice got reached those prices due to their appearance and the demand for them, if she really was not that amazing I don't think she would sell as well. Granted she has a lower LE size she is still one of the better LE dolls out there.

Personally I believe she is just overlooked because she is not a Princess, plus the 2010 movie Alice in Wonderland wasn't the best. I dunno I like to appreciate the dolls for how amazing they look as opposed to complaining about their flaws.

Last edited:
I love Alice too... In my opinion she is even more beautiful than Snow, there's something about her that makes her classically beautiful and unlike all the other dolls... The detail on her dress is amaaaazing! ❤️
I'm another one of those people who thinks they'll never ever get her for a number of reasons, but for now she's my unspoken grail, that I dare not think about because it's too sad LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually have to say that I love Alice the most as well. She's incredibly beautiful and her dress is the most pretty one, hands down. I understand why she fetches such a high price. If she was a higher LE I'd still think she'd be on the expensive side of the dolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back