• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information
I would not say she is ugly but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. To me Alice has a classic look. Whereas Elsa has a more modern look, so it is like comparing apples and oranges. I do get a little disappointed when people undermine the beauty of Alice because she is so expensive and in most cases people try to find a reason to hate the item to justify them never being able to buy it, you would be surprised but this happens a lot especially since people have never been able to see the dolls in real life and like i say time and time again, these dolls are very different in person when compared against photos.

I definitely disagree about the Barbie look as her face mould is the same as Snow White, just because a doll has blonde hair it doesn't make her Barbie. Cinderella does look very Barbie and even Designer Aurora because of their newer look.

Also the Elsa LE doll is actually far from being movie accurate, same thing with Snow White. Her face is a lot thinner on the doll than it is in the movie, her doll is a lot paler (and in the Harrods set she has a purple hue to her skin tone like a lighter version of Ursula). Also her hair is way off.

14884938327_471ceb7a15_m.jpg

That being said those are all minor things and personally I still think the doll is amazing even with it's obvious variations.

Elsa really was a hype doll whereas Snow White and Alice got reached those prices due to their appearance and the demand for them, if she really was not that amazing I don't think she would sell as well. Granted she has a lower LE size she is still one of the better LE dolls out there.

Personally I believe she is just overlooked because she is not a Princess, plus the 2010 movie Alice in Wonderland wasn't the best. I dunno I like to appreciate the dolls for how amazing they look as opposed to complaining about their flaws.

I have never seen Alice in person and I'm not a huge Alice in Wonderland fan so I shouldn't say she's ugly, she's just not my cup of tea based on pictures I have seen.

Regarding people putting a doll down to justify them never being able to afford this, I have seen this with Snow White, Elsa and Alice and it's quite annoying. I realise Alice shares the same face as Snow White but with the different paint job I I prefer Snow.
And yes Cinderella and Aurora have a slight barbie look but I can also see their character in the sculpt/paint job(aurora more so than Cinderella) were as with Alice I don't see either the movie or animated character I just see blue eyes, blonde hair and a generic looking face. That is why I thought she looked barbieish. The paint job on the sculpt transforms the doll to Snow White but with Alice I feel she looks generic. And I have also always disliked the super long hair and thought it would look better on a Aurora not Alice. Her dress is nice and detailed though and I do like that.
I understand different people like different dolls though. It's just personally both Wonderland dolls as well as Prince Eric are my least favourites of the line.

I do think Elsa is gorgeous though because by one look at her you know exactly who the doll is. And she is very detailed and beautiful.

Anyone who is willing to sell belle 17" limited edition form beauty and the beast designer collection, or possibly the ariel or cinderella? I need these as soon as possible!

I have the 17 Alice and I'm from the uk I think at the time I bought her from eBay for £100 so glad I did, but Alice is my favourite disney character and now my favourite doll in my whole collection

People actually do that? Make sob stories to get dolls just to sell? This is honestly the first I'm hearing of this, but it doesn't really suprise me. The whole scalper thing has gotten so much worse since the success of Frozen. It makes me worried about how things are gonna go with the Designer Dolls and the Maleficent doll (Phillip too if there is one).

YES! I see this happen all the time here. Scalpers are preying on good people. They make posts like "Oh I wanted to buy her but then my car broke down and my mother got sick" or even "Im late to collecting but I really want to get this for my little girl, she loved these dolls so much and has been begging for one for months!" So then basically, people will give them great deals and they will turn around and sell them for way more. Look at that UK Ebay Snow, I can bet you that that person DID NOT pay anywhere near that amount for her! I would keep an eye out for that username. If you are considering a transaction look at posts on here from the other party. If they are constantly talking about prices, decreasing values, what everyone is looking for (ie. the next big money maker), and what is a good deal, then they are most likely a scalper. True collectors focus on the community and the beauty of the dolls/ the dolls themselves. Scalpers focus on sob stories and money.

Everyone PLEASE keep this in mind. I have seen so many people on here that fit this description. Keep an eye out for usernames and ebay names that have similar components, because if the same doll from DPF shows up then it is the same person trying to scalp without people noticing. If you are concerned please reach out to veteran members and ask their opinion. Im tired of seeing good people unknowingly fuel the scalpers. And please avoid buying dolls for crazy prices on ebay, if you are patient you will find something better!

Those sob stories make it hard for people like me who want to buy for less than the inflated ebay prices, and who actually want the doll. I'd rather buy from a collector like me who cares about the doll than someone who just wants to make a profit by overpricing them.

I saw Polaris's 17" doll info thread where it lists the current prices the dolls go for. The list must be dated, because all the prices are jacked up! A Wedding Rapunzel for $90-$100? A lot of people are selling them for $200 these days. It's hard to believe that there are people who will sell these dolls for a fair price :( And it seems that Cornonation Elsa with nice bangs can only be bought at $430 + these days....

Right now what I've seen plaguing the doll area is

"My dd is BEGGING for this doll and just has to have it!"

This is just one thing that bothers me. There is giving your child a.collector item because they earned it/will cherish it. There's another thing to just give it to them so they can quiet down.

Noooo they can't finish the LE line yet! haha.
I'm still missing Evil Queen, Naveen & Facilier, Gaston & Beast/"Adam", Prince Charming.... lol so many they could make!
I know, then its like "when will it end?" But I just feel like it's not complete (for me personally) with some princes and villains and not others.

Why would I ever want this line to end? My dream 17" LE doll list is pretty big and far fetched, but a girl can dream!

I want them to finish up the princesses (Jasmine, Pocahontas, and Mulan) but I also wish they'd look back at the old ones. I'd want them to completely remake Cinderella (make her a lot less tacky looking, give her a softer, less barbie-like face, just the beautiful silver and blue and lace and silk that she deserves). I personally dislike all three LE Belle's. I think the dresses look odd, the hair too long, and the faces very plain and not a good likenesses to her in the movie. So I'd love a redone Belle, maybe even make another doll in her peasant dress. I'd also want them to make Tiana in her blue dress and crown. I wish they'd make Ariel with her traditional green tail and purple clam shell bra. I'd also want a doll of her in that blue outfit with the bow she wears on her day out with Eric and a doll of her in her wedding dress. A 17" Briar Rose would be great.

Other characters I'd love to see: Jane, Megara, Wendy, all the princes, Jafar, Dr. Facillier, and Vanessa.

Yes I know that 90% of the list they would never do, but if only <3

Why would I ever want this line to end? My dream 17" LE doll list is pretty big and far fetched, but a girl can dream!

I want them to finish up the princesses (Jasmine, Pocahontas, and Mulan) but I also wish they'd look back at the old ones. I'd want them to completely remake Cinderella (make her a lot less tacky looking, give her a softer, less barbie-like face, just the beautiful silver and blue and lace and silk that she deserves). I personally dislike all three LE Belle's. I think the dresses look odd, the hair too long, and the faces very plain and not a good likenesses to her in the movie. So I'd love a redone Belle, maybe even make another doll in her peasant dress. I'd also want them to make Tiana in her blue dress and crown. I wish they'd make Ariel with her traditional green tail and purple clam shell bra. I'd also want a doll of her in that blue outfit with the bow she wears on her day out with Eric and a doll of her in her wedding dress. A 17" Briar Rose would be great.

Other characters I'd love to see: Jane, Megara, Wendy, all the princes, Jafar, Dr. Facillier, and Vanessa.

Yes I know that 90% of the list they would never do, but if only <3

I absolutely agree with your view on Cinderella and Belle! I think I'm somewhat ok with DFDC Belle since she's the most accurate looking of the three but of all three, the way they styled her bun really bugs me! Even on the classic dolls!

I have never been too big of a fan on Tiana but would definitely love to see her in her blue dress and crown. I do like her new signing doll with her white gown and gloves though.

Noooo they can't finish the LE line yet! haha.
I'm still missing Evil Queen, Naveen & Facilier, Gaston & Beast/"Adam", Prince Charming.... lol so many they could make!
I know, then its like "when will it end?" But I just feel like it's not complete (for me personally) with some princes and villains and not others.

^This.
I really don't want them to end it for realzies because it has been a fun (albeit anxiety filled) journey, but also because they haven't made all that they can. I would love an Yzma and Cruella because they would look sickening! But, it's the Evil Queen that I really truly hope they make. While part of me would want her to be very embellished-true-to-cartoon...if she matched LE Snow White...I would die cause she would be everything. ;)

I think they could still do a lot with these dolls. I know it was mentioned sometime in the past that they could finish it with the Evil Queen to sorta bring it back to the start, and I think that would be perfect.

I'm working on cross stitching the Thomas Kinkade Disney paintings for Snow White, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty (I've finished Pinocchio, who I would love to have a limited edition doll of, and the Lion King already). I really want to have a doll to display under each picture but now I'm torn between 17" and the fairy tale. Based on price vs. quality I could go either way on Snow White. But Cinderella is awful as a 17" and I missed Aurora's release (I really was in the hospital, no fake sob story) and Briar Rose is not in the painting, it's Aurora in pink. Oh the choices.

Just because they end the LE doll line it does not necessarily mean that Disney will not just release something else instead. Yes they are only becoming popular now but they have been released since 2009 and if they go into 2015 or even 2016 that would 7-8 years since the first doll was released.

So really yes they would be considering ending the line but im sure they would find a way to release something new/different.

Thanks P! I suppose as a relative newbie - if they do decide to wrap it up i can focus on the ones i missed out on (I always lurked and observed the dolls from a far - my boyfriend pushed me into it when he got me Ursula!).

I don't think that Disney will end the line, because it's profitable for them. I suspect that once the movies get re-released, other characters will get a doll. So in a couple of years, when Snow White is released they'll make a villain and prince doll.

I really like the dolls especially who have something extra to their costume. Such as the 17" LE Snow White - her costume but embellished and more period. Ariel is another of my favourites. Of course newer princesses like Elsa and Anna will have theirs more accurate to their movie.

I like the 17 inch dolls a lot more than the 12 inch dolls, so I really hope they don't end the line. I would love it if they made more dolls for the movies when they are released again. I am not saying I think they should re-do the dresses they already made, but make ones in addition to what they made already. For example. They already made a Belle in her Yellow dress, so they could make a Belle in her pink dress. I have no idea what they could do for Snow White, but it seems like all of the other Princesses have at least another option. I find it perplexing that people want it to end when they like these dolls. Maybe it's because I don't collect all of them, just the ones I really like.

I'm still so miffed that I got into this so late.

My first LE was Ariel that I got through the pre-order. I was so late to the party :(

I don't really like the LE belle very much, it's ok, but there's too much yellow on the dress and on the box. I think belle would look better with gold and some red.

YES! I see this happen all the time here. Scalpers are preying on good people. They make posts like "Oh I wanted to buy her but then my car broke down and my mother got sick" or even "Im late to collecting but I really want to get this for my little girl, she loved these dolls so much and has been begging for one for months!" So then basically, people will give them great deals and they will turn around and sell them for way more. Look at that UK Ebay Snow, I can bet you that that person DID NOT pay anywhere near that amount for her! I would keep an eye out for that username. If you are considering a transaction look at posts on here from the other party. If they are constantly talking about prices, decreasing values, what everyone is looking for (ie. the next big money maker), and what is a good deal, then they are most likely a scalper. True collectors focus on the community and the beauty of the dolls/ the dolls themselves. Scalpers focus on sob stories !

I am getting fed up of these sob stories. If you are selling an item just say so. I don't need a story to go with it. These stories put me off buying from these people. Like you say it's happening more and more. :-/

I wonder why scalpers use these LE dolls to pay their bills. If they are trying to come up with money to pay for their bills and such, where do they get the money to buy the dolls in the first place; instead of buying dolls which are about 100$ or more if they bought more than one, shouldn't they be saving their money to pay bills instead of buying a doll that May or may not increase in value. I find no point in this whatsoever.:nono: (Rant over, lol):hs:

Thanks guys for the heads up on the "sob story scalpers" as I now call them. I had no idea people did this kind of stuff on here, so ill definitely keep an eye out for them.

Not to get off topic, but if a Maleficent doll is released, what day will she go up for order? Will it be the Monday when Aurora is avaliable to pick up in stores or will she be avaliable the Tuesday the movie comes out (which is when im assuming the online orders for Aurora will start shipping)? I will stay up as long as I have to so long as I have a chance of getting her :lol:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back