• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information
I would have liked it if disney store released a blue aurora instead of the pink one. The blue fabric with the gold embroidery would look very pretty

Actually, I had that same thought, until someone here photoshopd the doll and made her dress blue. THat's when I realized that it would have looked horrible. The pink looked much better. And also, to me made more sense if they were going to have a lot of roses on the dress.

I can't believe they are releasing LE Aurora, Maleficent, Phillip and the Cinderalle/Prince Fairytale Couple on the same day in Europe. Thank god I ordered Aurora from the US and I "only" plan on getting Maleficent and the couple that day but still...

Last edited:
lordofanime > That is true in English. However, in French, Philip is Philippe and Philippe is Philibert (because Philippe is a quite usual name in French and that's feels weird to name a horse like that...as Bruno in Cinderella is renamed Pataud).

Anyway...same battle as last year.
In the DS of Champs-Elysées, it was such a mess last year with the four dolls release (Ariel, Eric, Ursula and Beauty & the Beast couple). It was first come first save, but there were so many people...a nightmare >_< (there was around 20 ariel, 9 Ursula and 3 Eric...)
But I do believe, that DS learns from this day, and that the 7th will be better organised...
But truly, I don't know what is thinking Disney Store when it planned the better couple of the serie II and all the LE...

Yes - I hope Madeye is right..................It must, at least i hope, its first come first serve. The raffle idea doesn't seem fair to those you queue up first.

Actually, I had that same thought, until someone here photoshopd the doll and made her dress blue. THat's when I realized that it would have looked horrible. The pink looked much better. And also, to me made more sense if they were going to have a lot of roses on the dress.

I guess so, it would have been nice aurora was in blue, but the hot pink is very pretty and is the only Le doll in pink, either way it's pretty.

Does anyone know what stores (UK) will receive the assignment of Maleficent/Aurora/Prince Phillip? (And when). (I do realise it might be a bit too early to ask this question). :p:p

Check the Disney LE Dolls Facebook page. It mentioned Harrods, Oxford Street, Manchester Arndale, Birmingham Bullring and a handful of others.

I feel bad for people in the UK.
Because for example, what if the first person in line was only there for Cinderella, but then suddenly decided to get the rest?

Also, how are you gonna carry all four out of the store? You'd have to bring backup!

But worst of all, what if they enforce a limit of 2?
Like you can only get 2 of the four.

Which brings me to think.... That either we won't get 3 sleeping beauty LE dolls or the surprise ones will be online exclusives.

Bit of a congested release, yeah but I think they will hand out tickets to the first few in line for the dolls they have stated. A staff member will (hopefully) ask which dolls the first dozen or so guests are after and hand a ticket accordingly. Basically means once you enter the store, you won't be able to get the specified doll if you don't have the ticket/spares remain.

Check the Disney LE Dolls Facebook page. It mentioned Harrods, Oxford Street, Manchester Arndale, Birmingham Bullring and a handful of others.

Thanks! I was wondering though - are those the stores confirmed for Aurora AND Malificent AND Philip? I thought those were only named in correlation to the Fairytale Couples.

And, if i understand correctly - if you wanted all four releases slated for the 7th of October if you're in the right place in line you'll be given a ticket for each doll (Cinderella, Aurora, Philip, Malificent) that you wish to have accordingly. Right?

Sorry for SO many questions. Its just the UK details, especially regarding the 17" heritage dolls, seems a little short at the moment.

Last edited:
When I went to oxford street for the 2011 Designer line we were given a ticket for each doll that they had left. You then exchanged your ticket at the till for the dolls. My only bit of advice would be to try and check the dolls over before buying as my Rapunzel had some nice stains on her dress which I didn't realise until we'd got home (3 hour journey!).

When I went to oxford street for the 2011 Designer line we were given a ticket for each doll that they had left. You then exchanged your ticket at the till for the dolls. My only bit of advice would be to try and check the dolls over before buying as my Rapunzel had some nice stains on her dress which I didn't realise until we'd got home (3 hour journey!).

I was in the queue for the last 5 designer princesses at the Oxford Street store back then too. Did you manage to get all of them that morning?

I was in the queue for the last 5 designer princesses at the Oxford Street store back then too. Did you manage to get all of them that morning?

Haha if only we knew we could've said hello! I only managed to get Aurora & Rapunzel then got the last 3 online. I'll never forget that day because it was my birthday so nothing more special than spending 3 hours driving to London leaving my house at 4am!! Haha! Did you manage to get any?

I am so curious about what the Le maleficent will look like. I don't think her clothes will be as flowy in the movie since the box isn't big enough to contain all .

Haha if only we knew we could've said hello! I only managed to get Aurora & Rapunzel then got the last 3 online. I'll never forget that day because it was my birthday so nothing more special than spending 3 hours driving to London leaving my house at 4am!! Haha! Did you manage to get any?

I got Aurora and Rapunzel too. We must have been near each other in the queue! Small world. I got the other 3 on line too. :)

Ok.. so this might just be me worrying about something..
I've noticed these last couple of days, the disney store online has refreshed sometime after 12 AM. I don't know when but definitely after 1 AM...
I hope that it's just the case within the last two days and not forever....

Ok.. so this might just be me worrying about something..
I've noticed these last couple of days, the disney store online has refreshed sometime after 12 AM. I don't know when but definitely after 1 AM...
I hope that it's just the case within the last two days and not forever....

I'm a bit confused by your statement. Do you mean its updated later than normal? If so, I doubt it will be a problem for the doll releases. Disney wouldnt pull something like that with stuff like this I'm sure.

Today when I was looking at my Ursula, and how she is "small" (her body, to compensate for the box) compared to Ariel, I got a little worried for Maleficent. Since she has Horns, I wonder if that will mean the rest of her size will be reduced. I guess we will know in about a month . . . I am so anxious. I really want her to be glorious! For some reason, I really have no good hopes for Phillip, unless they give him his red hat, then he may have potential . . . either way I will most likely get both :) If someone from the Disney Corporation reads these posts, thanks so much for making the 17 inch dolls, I love them!

I don't really like the Le Ursula doll, in my opinion. I guess the lack of articulation snd how short looking she is. And I think maleficent will be fine with her horns in the box, I'm sure it will fit. But I wonder how detailed her dress will be.

Maleficent's horns will fit.
These boxes are like what, 19" high and the dolls are 17" so they have 2 extra inches and since she doesn't have hair, it'll probably more.

Phillip I think will turn out ok. I don't think he'll be wearing a hat.
The way I see it, these are their only two options:
Prince-Phillip-in-Sleeping-Beauty-leading-men-of-disney-17280156-853-480.jpg

Complete with a sword and a shield. I'm against this costume, because I don't want the shield to be included. I can't buy anything with a cross on it so thats why.

The other outfit which should be interesting is:
863756_1319535712633_full.jpg

Complete with the poofy sleeves!

Both have capes, so I don't think we'll get one without a cape..
As for the hair, I think it'll be easier on phillip since his hair is shorter and only has one curl in the front.
Eric's hair was sort of like Ariel in the movie, just shorter so it must have been harder for them to style it.

I loved Ursula. So can't wait to see Malificent. Love them to do the Evil Queen as a heritage doll too. Has it been actually confirmed that UK will get the additional heritage dolls?

I loved Ursula. So can't wait to see Malificent. Love them to do the Evil Queen as a heritage doll too. Has it been actually confirmed that UK will get the additional heritage dolls?

Well, on the Le doll Facebook page, it said that maleficent and Philip was confirmed in the uk

Okay thanks DisneyLover. But it hasn't been confirmed by an official Disney UK site/source yet right? I'm sorry I am just so excited about the releases (especially the 17" edition dolls).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back