• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information
So how realistic is it that we will see Jasmine next year?

Well, the way I see it.. Aladdin is slated to be a Diamond Edition. Disney releases princess Diamond editions in the fall so that they can cash in on the christmas rush. Looking back, they have indeed done it that way. Snow White, Beauty, Cinderella, Mermaid, and Sleeping Beauty have all come out in the fall. It's only realistic that Aladdin would follow that pattern and come out next fall.
If that does happen, expect Jasmine, Aladdin, and Jafar.
:)

I hope you get all the dolls that you want.

I hope so too! I don't think my wallet can handle it all though. I'm just buying what I can afford :) So Cinderella and prince are for sure a must, I gotta pick up Aurora.. If I'm swooned by Maleficent I'll get her as well :)

Also, on the topic of Jasmine, I'd love to see an LE Jasmine with peacock inspired attire like the fairytale couple set

I would really like to see Jasmine in a sari or something, although I know that won't happen because as far as I know, she never wears one in any movie/picture/art, etc. I still think it would be pretty though! :). But peacock-inspired is a nice idea, too!

I wonder what jasmine will look like, of course she will be wearing her blue two-piece, but with more glam, embroidery, rhinestones.etc. I hope she looks good then I might get her, only if it's of fall next year.

I hope so too! I don't think my wallet can handle it all though. I'm just buying what I can afford :) So Cinderella and prince are for sure a must, I gotta pick up Aurora.. If I'm swooned by Maleficent I'll get her as well :)

Also, on the topic of Jasmine, I'd love to see an LE Jasmine with peacock inspired attire like the fairytale couple set

Ha ah, I know the feeling. I love the fairytale designer Cinderella, but my birthday present was spent on aurora. If I could, I would get Cinderella, Philip, and maleficent, but I know that ain't happening anytime in forever. Ha lol:lol: And speaking of jasmine, I would love for her to have peacock feathers.

Last edited:
Do you think they would do anything to incorporate Genie with the passing of Robin Williams? I am so excited for Jasmine I just hope they get her right. Jafar would be awesome to see as I've only ever seen one decent doll of him before (if I remember rightly someone here has it)

Do you think they would do anything to incorporate Genie with the passing of Robin Williams? I am so excited for Jasmine I just hope they get her right. Jafar would be awesome to see as I've only ever seen one decent doll of him before (if I remember rightly someone here has it)

I'm not really excited about a Le genie doll. I'm sure it will be okay, but there's not much you can do with him, he's mostly blue smoke, and of course they will put legs, but I don't see genie with many possibilities . Besides, he might have the same articulation as Ursula, and I don't like it.

guys, stop responding to the person :) If no more response comes they will see that they are not garnering any attention or reaction from us.

Anyhow, I love the idea of peacock for Jasmine. My mother loves peacocks and I am actually hoping to get her the Jasmine/Aladdin couple set to keep in her room.

I think a 17" Jasmine would look so gorgeous with the right fabrics and sparkle on that blue outfit of hers

Man there is a lot of drama on this forum today... bottom line is no one like a scalper. Especially me. :nono:

ANYWAYS, if they decide to release dolls of Aladdin, Jasmine, and Jafar all for the Diamond Edition release next year, I will probably freak out. It may be the first time I buy all three 17 inch limited edition dolls lol as I LOVE Aladdin :lol:. I am hoping Disney does really nice Arabian inspired patterns on the clothing. And I would love it if Aladdin was holding the Lamp!

Also, I cannot wait to see pictures of Maleficent!!! I have been waiting on her for so long, so I hope the wait is worth it!

:donald:

Last edited:
This is what I think Jasmine will look like:
jasmine_peacock_princess_by_vp_artworks-d48lq8z.jpg
b2db1a94d4aa39fba8f4bf1c12e44d21.jpg

As for The Genie...
I can see them making a LE figure. he would look fantastic!
But if they do give him the doll treatment he can wear a vest or something..
OR MAYBE!!!! He'll be wearing his final outfit in the movie! With the goofy hat!!

guys, stop responding to the person :) If no more response comes they will see that they are not garnering any attention or reaction from us.

Anyhow, I love the idea of peacock for Jasmine. My mother loves peacocks and I am actually hoping to get her the Jasmine/Aladdin couple set to keep in her room.

I think a 17" Jasmine would look so gorgeous with the right fabrics and sparkle on that blue outfit of hers

i know, I couldn't help by responding in some way. Anyways I would love to see jasmine like you described her.

This pics are beautiful of Jasmine! Oh my could you imagine a 4 doll release if they did incorporate Genie! Personally I think they'd be silly not to with all the new collectors since Frozen dolls were made.

Have any pics been released for Malificent? How different do you think she will look to the Designer Villain doll? Obviously size is a major factor but in terms of look?

As for The Genie...
OR MAYBE!!!! He'll be wearing his final outfit in the movie! With the goofy hat!!

ooooooh, I would love it if the Le jasmine looked like that!

As for The Genie...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!

As for The Genie...

That would be amazing in doll form! Really digging the peacock feathers. As for Genie, I hope Disney does something for Genie in terms of collectors merch. He is a very popular character, and with the passing of Robin Williams this year (R.I.P. :(), I feel like Disney should release something special of him in Robin William's honor.

Hello,
I'm still pretty new at collecting these Limited Edition dolls and I was wondering do you think that the Prince Phillip doll will be the same price as Aurora was? Do you think his price will go back to the original $99? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Hope you all have a great day!

Thanks,
Austin

Hello,
I'm still pretty new at collecting these Limited Edition dolls and I was wondering do you think that the Prince Phillip doll will be the same price as Aurora was? Do you think his price will go back to the original $99? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Hope you all have a great day!

Thanks,
Austin

Hi Austin! Regarding the Le doll line, their prices have been rising, and I think Philip's price will be the same as aurora's.

Hi Disneylover,

Thank you for the quick response! Are you hoping to pick up Prince Phillip as well? I hope they have him in the forest outfit!

Those Jasmine pictures are stunning!! I just hope Aurora, Malificent and Prince Philip come out here in the UK. DisneyUK hasn't officially confirmed their release here yet.

Also LOVE the Jasmine pics!!! And I can't wait to see Phillip!!! I hope he looks a little better than Eric!
Are y'all picky about box condition??? I feel I'm a little too picky? LOL

Hi Disneylover,

Thank you for the quick response! Are you hoping to pick up Prince Phillip as well? I hope they have him in the forest outfit!

you're welcome! I'm sad to say that I can't get Philip because I got aurora as a birthday present, and 120 dollars is a lot already as a present. So basically I can't get Philip anyway. If I had a job at the moment then yes, but I need to focus on school .

Understandable. October is going to be one pricey month with the Aurora online pre orders charges going through, as well as Maleficent, Phillip, and Designer Collection Cinderella and Prince Charming. Plus Briar Rose and Prince Phillip Designer Collection Dolls.

Thoughts after reading all of your comments, thoughts, and speculations: here are my responses. (I'd multi-quote you all but that's too many buttons and I'm on my phone. ;) )

Jasmine has never really been one of my favorites when it comes to actually creating a real doll from a stunning design...but that Peacock design posted a few comments back is just gorgeous. It is so romantic fantasy.

Jafar LE. Oh dear Lord please yes make it so because I want. Having him all glammed up in the Heirloom style, he would look awesome next to all my other villains. He's not my favorite villain, but he is my favorite male
villain and my collection would greatly enjoy having him.

And, as for a Genie doll...Disney doesn't seem to successfully create bigger boddied dolls. I feel he would be cross armed like the classic version, lock armed like Ursula, or awkwardly plush/padded like Gaston. I feel like they already have this in mind, but a really nice and life sized Genie lamp that is shiny and tastefully gemmed would be everything to me. I hate to say how I cried over the death of someone I never had the privelage of knowing, and am tearing up now, but having a hollow Genie lamp would be a very metaphorical representation that the Genie is truly free but has a place to visit whenever he wanted. <3 It can be LE 5000 like the dolls or open edition and it would still sell out so fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back