• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information
Jasmine is my GIRL so they'd better do a good job with her! <3 I love the art we're talking about that lordofanime posted, but I kinda feel like I want her to be in a really glommed up version of one of her movie dresses, especially as the DFDC doll is already peacock inspired (which I LOVE!!) ^_^

If there is a big Aladdin doll release next year, I'll be in heaven! I don't care if there's 1 doll or 3 dolls, I can pretty much see myself splurging on all of them... it's quite exciting to think about the possibility of a male villain too :)

@TinkerTigg, aww that lamp idea really just struck a chord with me... I have a replica Genie lamp that's empty, now I'm going to think of what you said every time I look at it. Genie is free! <3

Thoughts after reading all of your comments, thoughts, and speculations: here are my responses. (I'd multi-quote you all but that's too many buttons and I'm on my phone. ;) )

Jasmine has never really been one of my favorites when it comes to actually creating a real doll from a stunning design...but that Peacock design posted a few comments back is just gorgeous. It is so romantic fantasy.

Jafar LE. Oh dear Lord please yes make it so because I want. Having him all glammed up in the Heirloom style, he would look awesome next to all my other villains. He's not my favorite villain, but he is my favorite male
villain and my collection would greatly enjoy having him.

And, as for a Genie doll...Disney doesn't seem to successfully create bigger boddied dolls. I feel he would be cross armed like the classic version, lock armed like Ursula, or awkwardly plush/padded like Gaston. I feel like they already have this in mind, but a really nice and life sized Genie lamp that is shiny and tastefully gemmed would be everything to me. I hate to say how I cried over the death of someone I never had the privelage of knowing, and am tearing up now, but having a hollow Genie lamp would be a very metaphorical representation that the Genie is truly free but has a place to visit whenever he wanted. <3 It can be LE 5000 like the dolls or open edition and it would still sell out so fast.

i liked your idea of a Le genie lamp. It would look awesome with jewels and other stuff.

The forum needs to have a way to tag the mods on posts...

I could go through all your posts correcting your grammar all day, but I'm not gonna give it my time LOL

Bottom left corner of page reports a post...I suggest everyone uses it. I am personally a fan of foul language but name calling is for vermin.

After reporting the posts use the block member feature so you don't have to even see any rubbish he posts.

Last edited:
I really hope they do Jasmine in her Lavender wedding gown. I do like the peacock accents but as they already incorporated it in her fairytale designer doll, I am hoping they get a bit more creative for the next doll.

I really hope they do Jasmine in her Lavender wedding gown. I do like the peacock accents but as they already incorporated it in her fairytale designer doll, I am hoping they get a bit more creative for the next doll.

i hope they use peacock feather designs for the Le jasmine.

Bottom left corner of page reports a post...I suggest everyone uses it. I am personally a fan of foul language but name calling is for vermin.

After reporting the posts use the block member feature so you don't have to even see any rubbish he posts.
Believe me, I used the report post feature. :hs: Where do I find the block member feature? Thank you.

Believe me, I used the report post feature. :hs: Where do I find the block member feature? Thank you.

If you want to block a member, you got to their page, then select the ignore member button, then you won't see their posts and you can view the posts when you want to. And for the ignore button, it's right there with other list of options like friend them,etc.

The reason why I'm ok with peacocks on jasmine is because I want to see just how creative these artists get. I mean, look at LE Ariel with her scales. So this would definitely be interesting.

I would love to see Jasmine in that peacock outfit for an LE doll! I think she will be really stunning anyway but that would be just perfect. Although the lavender would also be really pretty.

Dang that peacock outfit is really pretty! Though given how classic dolls and her designer doll has always been that aqua outfit, I'd definitely love to see her in her lavender or even the red outfit.. :)

I for one am THRILLED for a Jasmine doll! She isn't my favorite princess, but she is my sister's. I think she is one of the most beautiful though, and I feel like her outfit would be one of the best all bedazzled. Sometimes I feel like there is too much glittery-sparkley stuff on the dolls, but I think Jasmine can pull it off. My sister loves her purple wedding dress, but I have a feeling they'll go with the popular aqua peacock theme.
I really really hope they do make her for the release of the movie. Aladdin is long overdue in bluray...
Also hoping for Philip in his riding outfit. Do you think he'll have rooted hair like Eric? If he turns out too good I may have to splurge on an Aurora from evilbay >_<

Last edited:
I for one am THRILLED for a Jasmine doll! She isn't my favorite princess, but she is my sister's. I think she is one of the most beautiful though, and I feel like her outfit would be one of the best all bedazzled. Sometimes I feel like there is too much glittery-sparkley stuff on the dolls, but I think Jasmine can pull it off. My sister loves her purple wedding dress, but I have a feeling they'll go with the popular aqua peacock theme.
I really really hope they do make her for the release of the movie. Aladdin is long overdue in bluray...
Also hoping for Philip in his riding outfit. Do you think he'll have rooted hair like Eric? If he turns out too good I may have to splurge on an Aurora from evilbay >_<

I am looking forward for jasmine, and for Philip I hope they can pull off that rooted hair. I hope he turns out ok.

Considering how many people complained about Eric's rooted hair, I think Disney will either skip out on the rooted hair all together or they may put a lot more work into it to make it look a lot better. It can be pulled off if Disney puts enough effort into it, but I suppose that is easier said that done. When I think about it, Disney has never been too good with characters with short hair, such as the Sergeant Calhoun doll for Wreck-it Ralph. Both Calhoun and Eric were fantastic in terms of movie accuracy and detail, but their hair styles were so off. I don't plan on getting Phillip (though I do really like him as a character), but I hope he turns out well for those who want him.

I am just getting impatient waiting on the pictures for Maleficent! I hope they go all out for her doll and, after all this waiting, I hope she is worth it in the end. :donald:

Considering how many people complained about Eric's rooted hair, I think Disney will either skip out on the rooted hair all together or they may put a lot more work into it to make it look a lot better. It can be pulled off if Disney puts enough effort into it, but I suppose that is easier said that done. When I think about it, Disney has never been too good with characters with short hair, such as the Sergeant Calhoun doll for Wreck-it Ralph. Both Calhoun and Eric were fantastic in terms of movie accuracy and detail, but their hair styles were so off. I don't plan on getting Phillip (though I do really like him as a character), but I hope he turns out well for those who want him.

I am just getting impatient waiting on the pictures for Maleficent! I hope they go all out for her doll and, after all this waiting, I hope she is worth it in the end. :donald:

i dont know about philip having sculpted hair. Sculpted hair is fine for a designer line since it will be almost impossible to style each prince perfectly, but on a 17 in doll, molded hair kinda cheapens it. I guess when the dolls head is that big, it should have rooted hair. But I don't think they should have trouble pulling it of for Philip since his hairstyle is a bit simplistic.

i dont know about philip having sculpted hair. Sculpted hair is fine for a designer line since it will be almost impossible to style each prince perfectly, but on a 17 in doll, molded hair kinda cheapens it. I guess when the dolls head is that big, it should have rooted hair. But I don't think they should have trouble pulling it of for Philip since his hairstyle is a bit simplistic.

Yeah true but hopefully Disney pulls it off well. Past examples have shown they aren't really good at making short hairstyles rooted for some odd reason despite how simple some of the styles are. But they have gotten better at detail and styling characters since those dolls, so its only a matter of playing the waiting game till the pictures come online to see if they succeeded or not.

I'm sure that Philip will look good nonthe less. I just want it to be October seventh so I (my dad lol:lol:) can pick up aurora and finally calm down.

I'm sure that Philip will look good nonthe less. I just want it to be October seventh so I (my dad lol:lol:) can pick up aurora and finally calm down.

Good lord do I feel you on that one :lol:. I just want it to be October 7th so I can try to get Maleficent and stop worrying about scalpers and funds already. And yeah I mean Eric still looked really good in my opinion, but his hair was just off. He still looked good regardless, so I would expect the exact same situation with Phillip.

Good lord do I feel you on that one :lol:. I just want it to be October 7th so I can try to get Maleficent and stop worrying about scalpers and funds already. And yeah I mean Eric still looked really good in my opinion, but his hair was just off. He still looked good regardless, so I would expect the exact same situation with Phillip.

I know, I just want this crazy to go away and get aurora.

At this point, I think this thread has derailed so horribly, I'm just going to close it. You are welcome to attempt another one to discuss these Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls - but please make an effort to keep it on topic and adhere to all TOU (including the one about those eBay links).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back