Limited edition Cruella doll misprint/mistake

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by Esmeraldo, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Esmeraldo

Esmeraldo Finest boy in France

0   0   0

A few days ago I ordered my first ever limited edition doll, the new Cruella de Vil with Pongo, Perdita and the puppies set! I was super excited for her to get here, but wouldn't you know...this is what I got:

[​IMG]

Yep, an upside down name plate...don't know how they possibly let this slip by but yeah, I was disappointed. Luckily a Disney Store within driving distance of me had more of the sets so I was able to get a new one, but I still have this mistake/misprint.

Should I return it? Sell it? Is there a market for these kind of mistake dolls, are there people who collect these kind of factory errors? Any answers would be appreciated.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Taylena

Taylena New Member

0   0   0

That's a shame about the upside down nameplate :/ At least you were able to find one in a nearby store! I think you can call Disney store customer service and they should be able to help you. Maybe they'll give you a refund as it is their fault?

3. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

I would return it. I don't think it will add that much value to it.

4. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Active Member

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

I'm surprised they didn't let you just make an exchange instead of buying a new one. I'd definitely try to return it.

5. kabe

kabe Member

0   0   0

I tried to make an in-store exchange before when DS sent me the Evil Queen instead of Snow's Prince, but the cast member was insistent that the computer system simply didn't allow for returns of LE merch at all. I've heard of others that pulled it off, and this might better qualify as 'damaged' which could change things, but I really think it's just luck of the cast member draw :/

6. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Call Shop Disney via phone and insist on a return. Have them send you a return shipping label. I know starry had issues last year re: Winter Belle.