• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Limited Edition D23 Expo Dolls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited Edition D23 Expo Dolls?

amm3

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone been to the D23 expo before and purchased any of the limited edition dolls that they sell only at the expo? How did it go?

Tickets for the expo go on sale tomorrow and I was wondering if a regular attendee has a chance at the LE dolls or will they all be taken by those with Sorcerer’s tickets first. Also, I would hope they would limit LE merchandise like that to one per person??? Was there a limit to how many people could preorder the Fairytale designer set, if they do something like that again?

I’ve never been to the expo and hope to go next year. I'm not going just for dolls obviously, but I would love to have a chance at any LE dolls if they have any. However, I can’t see spending $2000 for a Sorcerer’s ticket.:ugh: I just keep thinking about how I could get both of my grails (Snow White and Coronation Anna) with that kind of money!

There are differing levels of LE merchandise. Last year the LE 600 snow white was available to regular d23 members for a short period of time - if you were near the front of the line. The presales for the entire set of fairytale designer couples le 6000 dolls lasted long enough for everyone to order one that wanted them on Friday and perhaps into the next day? they were limited to one per person.

I was able to get dolls both days I went and they announced when the pre-orders were full which was the end of the second day.

Great, thanks everyone! I'm glad to know I might have a chance on a regular ticket.:)

I was able to get my doll on Friday morning, with not too much trouble. I'm just OCD about the box, so I kept asking the CM's if they had any minty boxes haha! :p

I've been reading reports from past expos, and it all sounds like a bit of a nightmare. I've been wondering if it is worth going at all on a regular ticket, but from everyone's posts here it appears as if it wasn't quite as bad as some people have made it out to be.

I was able to get the D23 snow white on Sat but just barely...but the lines were a nightmare all 3 days... People kept cutting in line and the lines from the Disney store kept messing up because people went from the Dream store or the arena to the Disney store and no one was regulating that. They had a huge line for Disney store that went outside but people that went into the other stores there had a shorter wait and then they would head over the disney store from the inside and cut everyone that waiting all day long outside. I was there at 3am on Sat and barely got into the Disney Store at 1pm because of that mess.... Scared to even go again...just know that there are lines every where if you're looking to buy stuff come early.

I was able to get the D23 snow white on Sat but just barely...but the lines were a nightmare all 3 days... People kept cutting in line and the lines from the Disney store kept messing up because people went from the Dream store or the arena to the Disney store and no one was regulating that. They had a huge line for Disney store that went outside but people that went into the other stores there had a shorter wait and then they would head over the disney store from the inside and cut everyone that waiting all day long outside. I was there at 3am on Sat and barely got into the Disney Store at 1pm because of that mess.... Scared to even go again...just know that there are lines every where if you're looking to buy stuff come early.

Yikes! You had to wait from 3am to 1pm to get into the store? The expo website says that people aren't allowed to queue until 5 am -- so apparently that's not the case. This is exactly what I am scared of - I don't know if it is worth flying across the country to wait in lines like that all day and maybe not even get a chance to do or see anything. :(

Yikes! You had to wait from 3am to 1pm to get into the store? The expo website says that people aren't allowed to queue until 5 am -- so apparently that's not the case. This is exactly what I am scared of - I don't know if it is worth flying across the country to wait in lines like that all day and maybe not even get a chance to do or see anything. :(

Yeah the there is a line in the street not right on the venue, then the line on the street moves to the venue at 5am or so... One guy was there since 6pm the day before and when all the line cutting and them mixing up our lines, he was the one that broke out on a fight with another guy.

It depends on what you are there for, if you want to watch shows the lines aren't as bad... and the disney dream store vinylmation line was quick and not as bad. I hope they regulate the lines better this time around... like letting all the people that waited in line for disneystore in first and then people that came from other stores or events needs to go behind people that waited outside.

There's other stuff you can do as well if you choose to stay longer, there's always down town disney, disney Land is right there.

Are non-D23 people able to get the Fairytale couples too? Or is there a D23 version AND a regular version that will be on the disney store website?

At the d23 expo, the disney store had a store, it previewed/sold what was to come out at all the disney stores in the future, and had some d23 exclusive items as well. The exclusive items had a silver mickey head sticker that said d23 on it.

As for the dolls, they had preorders only of the complete set of fairytale couples that was later released in the regular disney stores and the disneystore website. The set preorder was also on the website later on for a short period of time. At the expo they also had a variant LE 600 of snow white and the prince with a different box and a different costume. The only fairytale doll you could walk out of the expo with was the d23 variant, for the pre-order set they were delivered after the full set was released. As a bonus each of the seriel numbers of the dolls matched if you pre-ordered a set, but there was an error with the snow white dolls so only 4 of the 5 had the same number.

in 2011 there also was one doll that had a variant only available at the expo - that was the cinderella LE 250 designer doll - extremely hard to get now.

Derrick

Are non-D23 people able to get the Fairytale couples too? Or is there a D23 version AND a regular version that will be on the disney store website?

You can get the doll no matter if you were D23 member or not, it's first come first serve, limited 1 per person over age of 18.

Do you think the limited D23 expo doll will be a Frozen doll? That might make lines super crazy!

Do you think the limited D23 expo doll will be a Frozen doll? That might make lines super crazy!

To be honest if Disney were smart they would make next year a designer heroines line featuring the new princesses like Anna, Elsa and Merida along with other characters like Meg, Jane and Esmerelda since they have never been featured in a designer line before. Also this is a great way for them to really milk the Frozen merchandise line.

If they were to do this that would mean that Elsa would be a forerunner to be the D23 exclusive doll, of course this would mean that it will probably be LE 1,000. Since Silver Cinderella was LE 250 and Golden Snow White was LE 600 so a Platinum Elsa at LE 1,000 would sound about right.

What would be a bad idea is if Disney were to release another line featuring the princesses not only would this ignore Merida, Anna and Elsa but it would be another line featuring characters they have already featured in the past, fast making the line boring and repetitive.

Sorry if Im not allowed to comment on such an old post but..
I am planning on going to the D23 Expo this coming summer. Should I bother to pay the extra money for the gold member ship just to get the early admission? Will it make a difference? I would just like a good chance at getting whatever they release, and if its frozen then I know i better be prepared.

Sorry if Im not allowed to comment on such an old post but..
I am planning on going to the D23 Expo this coming summer. Should I bother to pay the extra money for the gold member ship just to get the early admission? Will it make a difference? I would just like a good chance at getting whatever they release, and if its frozen then I know i better be prepared.

No. The free admission should be good enough to let you in. It really won't make a difference as there are TONS of D23 members.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back