• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Limited edition individual number not stamped on back of pin e.g. numberxxxx/1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited edition individual number not stamped on back of pin e.g. numberxxxx/1000

Rmmpins

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Hi, I have several various limited edition pins that never had the individual number of the pin stamped on the back. There is just a blank such as the one in the photo nothing/1000. I have been reluctant to trade or sell these pins. Are they considered an error or fake? This pin is Pin 15333 Maleficent from Framed Set. I have several evil queen and maleficent pins with this "issue". Also Mickey sorcerer.
Sorry the photos is gigantic. Thank you, Rose Mary

12278749_10206457106965422_2374001016501775196_n.jpg

The general believe is that these are true scrappers. Stuff that gets made in Disney's official run, but is either rejected or not needed (so does not have the LE number printed). There are Ebay sellers that deal in this type of stuff, so that's how they get out. I don't like them, because it invalidates the edition size of sets. Yes, China might make 750 pins to ensure that there are enough acceptable to make a LE500 run. But all 750 are not supposed to be "out there," and if they are, then people need to stop referring to their pin as a LE500 when they have one of the extras. Authentic is not simply who made it, but how it was sold, back door deals /= authentic.

However, you should try to verify with someone who has opened the frame of their authentic set, because I think there are some pins from framed sets that got made without individual marked numbers, but there really isn't a list of which ones.

Thank you for your explanation and it makes sense given all the underground trade in scrappers.
It is a shame because it is pretty high quality otherwise. I will just keep these for my personal collection. I would not feel comfortable trading or selling them.
Thanks again, Rose Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back