• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Little (big) question regarding the Disney LE dolls but also the classic versions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little (big) question regarding the Disney LE dolls but also the classic versions

popboy

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always wondered. Who actually produces the Disney Limited edition dolls? Is it Disney Merchandising who creates and design the dolls themselves in-house and they sub-contract out to a company who has all the infrastructure in place to deliver the dolls as proscribed by the company? Or is it Mattel? I know Mattel have the license to produce their own versions which they hold the right to sell independently (which has now run out and soon to given to Bandai). Who actually makes the ones we find in the Disney Stores? Who has that responsibility? Is it also Mattel-But under a different arrangement and set up? Or is it Disney in-house where in which they do the designing & a toy factory in China produces the final product?

The Disney Store (Disney merchandising) creates all the dolls for the store, limited edition and classic (regular) dolls. They have artist and designers working for them. I know Steve Thompson has worked on all the designer dolls, usually with the concept art for the dolls. He works with a group of people to design the actual dolls and final product.

Mattel has a license to produce dolls but they do not work with the folks at the Disney store. Which is why their dolls look different.

As for the actual making of the dolls, I'm not sure. I know Disney doesn't always create their products in China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back