• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

live-action "mulan" discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
live-action "mulan" discussion

rabbitunderground

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alright guys, so i go on my facebook and behold, a trending story is that disney is supposedly making a live action "milan" on the heels of the success of "cinderella".

i remember watching "mulan" as a kid and really liking the film. didn't adore it, but loved it nonetheless.

i thought it would be cool to start a thread discussing what kind of merchandise would be cool to see come out of this film and the possible cast and directions they could go with it.

<3

It seems that they gonna make a live action movie for each animated one. That's interesting and I would love to see them all.

Heard about this, will go see it but not as excited about is as I was with Maleficent or Cinderella. Would rather them do a live action version of the little Mermaid, Aladdin or tangled before Mulan. Don't think it will do as well as Maleficent or Cinderella- because Mulan isn't as popular. But excited none the less! I want them to do live action of all the princess movies!

I'm very excited about this ^_^ It means more exposure for Mulan, and more Asian-American actors in a big budget Disney film.

I'm curious but I was disappointed by Cinderella, so I'm waiting it out. I hope they at least don't whitewash the cast.

I'm excited for this. I relate to Mulan more than the other princesses that have been live-actioned lately (though I am really looking forward to Beauty and the Beast). Here's hoping that they don't whitewash it, though.

I would love for Ming-Na Wen to get a part in it.

What do you think they will do with Mushu? I had this image in my head of a computer animated dragon - with Eddie Murphy reprising his role and doing the voice-over....but that would be just plain silly, lol. I like how they did it with Cinderella - the mice were animated but still meant to look real, they didn't talk or anything, which I was thankful for....it would have come across too cheesy I think.

Hope this happens. It would be interesting to see how they cast some of the characters. Crickee could be computer generated especially since he was cut out of the Screen Actors Guild because he didn't have any lines to read (unless chirps count), but Mushu could be a problem! I, too, hope they would not "whitewash" the movie.
Oh, and did I mention more pins and maybe a similar release event. I'm flying out hold a spot!

A part of me is hoping that Jamie Chung could reprise her role as Mulan (though they might want to go for someone younger) and have Ming-Na Wen play Mulan's mother. ^_^ I am finally content that Disney will finally release more Mulan merchandise!

I hope they do include Mushu in some way, his humour really brought a lot to the movie. Eddie Murphy would be great for it, I hope they at least consider it.

I do know I was a bit sad when Bruno wasn't in Cinderella, so that's why I'm hoping they'll include Mushu. Of course, Mushu has a bigger role than Bruno but he was such a good friend to Cindy as well, along with the mice. I think they did the mice well, though. I guess they can "solve" Crikee in the same way as the mice of Cinderella, since he doesn't speak.

Curious who the director will be.

i can't wait! i hope mushu is eddie murphy again tho. it just wouldn't be right otherwise!! shan yu will look so scary in real life too.

Merchandise Ideas (Or rather, wishes):

1.) 17" LE Mulan in her "pretty" clothes, aka her feminine kimono.

2.) 17" LE Mulan in her warrior clothes (which will probably be more visually interesting in the live action movie).

3.) Replica of her flower comb.

4.) Chinese-style tea set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back