• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF/DSSH Live from Hollywood - Magic Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF/DSSH Live from Hollywood - Magic Release

timeerkat

Your Friend Who Likes To Play
Rating - 100%
348   0   0
Hey, my home is in Hollywood, so it still counts. ;)

424 people showed up for the release. There was a surprise LE150 Mickey pin.

19665448_1605867792797984_7546001437806405057_n.jpg

Stitch and Mickey sold out pretty much right at the 150-person mark, Genie and White Rabbit lasted until around person 200, and Facilier lasted until around person 245, but ultimately they all sold out during the release.

I ran into whatzshakinbacon and her friend in the parking structure on the way to line up, so we hung out in line together. We all pulled high numbers; I got the lowest at 229. Stitch and Mickey were already gone by the time I made it to the door; Genie and White Rabbit sold out right before I got inside the store. I got two of the last Faciliers. Both Gideon and Horace PTDs were still available, but Patriotic Tiana sold out.

I can't help it, that surprise Mickey pin makes me see Eddie Izzard going BUNCH O' FLOWERS!

[video=youtube_share;0dpGxDPfqJA]https://youtu.be/0dpGxDPfqJA?t=1m15s[/video]

Thanks for the update. Mickey magic looks pretty cool. Sorry everyone's #s weren't lower.

Were they allowing 2 per person? I don't think that is fair. I know it is all up to the luck of the draw, but to have over 400 people in line and only 150 actually getting to buy some of the pins doesn't seem right. I am glad they are doing some online releases; your chances of getting through are based on chance and the speed of your computer.

Yes, it was two per person. They specify in the rules posted a few days before the release. I think they allow two per person when they don't anticipate many attendees. But since the rules are posted ahead of time, even if a large number of people show up, they have to honor what's stated in the rules.

Were they allowing 2 per person? I don't think that is fair. I know it is all up to the luck of the draw, but to have over 400 people in line and only 150 actually getting to buy some of the pins doesn't seem right. I am glad they are doing some online releases; your chances of getting through are based on chance and the speed of your computer.
What Timeerkat said is very accurate. They never allow 2pp on big releases

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back