• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Look at these Big Hero 6 custom Animator dolls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at these Big Hero 6 custom Animator dolls!

kaleb

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone in Japan has made some AMAZING Big Hero 6 animator dolls. They're selling some Hiro ones on May 20 10:00 am Japan time at their Etsy store here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/231676123/littleherodoll-hiro?ref=shop_home_active_1

Here's some more pics on their instagram: https://instagram.com/littleherodoll/

As much as I would absolutely love to buy one of the Hiro dolls (seriously it's my dream Animator doll), I cannot afford ~$300 w/ shipping. For that price I could try customizing a bunch of my own. In fact, I sort of do want to give it a shot, but I have no idea how this person did the hair. Since they don't speak English very well, I don't think asking would be helpful, so I was hoping someone here might have ideas. Do you think it's a wig or rerooted hair? And what type of material would you use if you were going to make your own?

It says in the description that it's a wig--mohair by the looks of it.

They did an amazing job not just capturing the character but making it LOOK mass produced! You can't even tell he was hand painted. If I wasn't already trying to get my collection under control, I'd be all over this. I just don't have the room for all these DAC dolls anymore, though :(

Wow that's amazing! I wish they would actually mass produce these ^_^ Little Tadashi!!!

Last edited:
These are amazing!! I so wish I had their skills. (It is pretty helpful that the put the before and after photos too! Hiro was a Tinker Bell, Gogo was a Rapunzel, and Tadashi was a Merida!)

And that Jack Frost Doll *swoon*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back