• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Looking for help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for help

MasteringMatt

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I just recently started collecting Disney pins and am currently learning about all the counterfeits out there. I would like to utilize pin Pics to keep a record of what I have and what I need. My question is, should I list pins I believe to be "scrappers"? I don't think I should but am looking for some guidance.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

I personally do list pins I have that I believe are scrappers, but only in my "owns" - NEVER trades - and only ones where I don't care particularly for hunting down real ones (like Hidden Mickey sets that I collected for the fun of collecting off lanyards, but don't generally fit into any of my established collections).

If I have a scrapper of a pin but I know I want to replace it with the real thing, I'll put the pin on my "wants" list.

If I have a trader that I find out is a scrapper, I'll remove it from my "trades" list but keep it on my "owns" list.

I personally do list pins I have that I believe are scrappers, but only in my "owns" - NEVER trades - and only ones where I don't care particularly for hunting down real ones (like Hidden Mickey sets that I collected for the fun of collecting off lanyards, but don't generally fit into any of my established collections).

If I have a scrapper of a pin but I know I want to replace it with the real thing, I'll put the pin on my "wants" list.

If I have a trader that I find out is a scrapper, I'll remove it from my "trades" list but keep it on my "owns" list.

That sounds great. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back