• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Love is an Adventure Catalog is up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love is an Adventure Catalog is up!
Man, lots of Stitch pins! I love it. And the Pacha/Kuzco pin is too cool.

Like many others, this will be the first time in about 3-4 years that I will actually want to buy pins off the RSP. In the recent past, I haven't even asked for a single pin. I'm glad they have a better diversity of characters on the pins.

Very nice pins this year. A lot more variety than before. The pin designs look really good. I wish it had more of what I collect. I think I may only want 1 or 2, but still happy they expanded the movies they pulled from.

I must be bored :roll: because I compiled this list of pin representations in the catalog. What are your biggest surprises for pins offered/not offered? :tigger:

[h=2]FAB 5 CHARACTERS[/h]Mickey/Minnie 4
Ducks 2
Goofy/Max/Pluto/Fifi 2
Chip/Dale 1
[h=2]DISNEY FEATURES[/h]Snow White 1
Sleeping Beauty 1
Little Mermaid 2
Beauty and the Beast 3
Tangled 2
Princess and the Frog 3
Frozen 1
Aladdin 1
Peter Pan 1
Tarzan 1
Hunchback of Notre Dame 1
Hercules 1
Emperor’s New Groove 1
Pinocchio 1
Bambi 1
Fox and the Hound 1
Rescuers 1
Lion King 2
Winnie the Pooh 2
Lilo and Stitch 3
Big Hero 1
Zootopia 1
Roger Rabbit 1

Surprises included: Tarzan, Fox and the Hound, Hunchback, Emperor’s New Groove and TWO Rescuers pins, THREE Princess and the Frog pins

Surprisingly absent: Cinderella, Dumbo, Moana, 101 Dalmatians, Lady and the Tramp, Alice in Wonderland, Jungle Book, Mulan

Also absent: Robin Hood, Fantasia, Pocahontas, Sword in the Stone, Dumbo, Aristocats, Bolt, Toad/Ichabod, Black Cauldron, Oliver, Great Mouse, Robinsons, Brother Bear, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Chicken Little, Home on the Range
[h=2]PARKS[/h]Figment/Dreamfinder 1
It’s a Small World 1
Haunted Mansion 1

Surprisingly absent: Pirates

PIXAR
Increbles 1
Wall-E 1
Up 7

Surprisingly absent: Toy Story, Monsters, Nemo, Inside Out
Also absent: Cars, Ratatouille, Brave, Good Dinosaur

Because I am a complete lunatic - can anyone tell me how sponsorship works? Would I pay someone's ticket price and then get first dibs on the pins?

I must be bored :roll: because I compiled this list of pin representations in the catalog. What are your biggest surprises for pins offered/not offered? :tigger:

[h=2]FAB 5 CHARACTERS[/h]Mickey/Minnie 4
Ducks 2
Goofy/Max/Pluto/Fifi 2
Chip/Dale 1
[h=2]DISNEY FEATURES[/h]Snow White 1
Sleeping Beauty 1
Little Mermaid 2
Beauty and the Beast 3
Tangled 2
Princess and the Frog 3
Frozen 1
Aladdin 1
Peter Pan 1
Tarzan 1
Hunchback of Notre Dame 1
Hercules 1
Emperor’s New Groove 1
Pinocchio 1
Bambi 1
Fox and the Hound 1
Rescuers 1
Lion King 2
Winnie the Pooh 2
Lilo and Stitch 3
Big Hero 1
Zootopia 1
Roger Rabbit 1

Surprises included: Tarzan, Fox and the Hound, Hunchback, Emperor’s New Groove and TWO Rescuers pins, THREE Princess and the Frog pins

Surprisingly absent: Cinderella, Dumbo, Moana, 101 Dalmatians, Lady and the Tramp, Alice in Wonderland, Jungle Book, Mulan

Also absent: Robin Hood, Fantasia, Pocahontas, Sword in the Stone, Dumbo, Aristocats, Bolt, Toad/Ichabod, Black Cauldron, Oliver, Great Mouse, Robinsons, Brother Bear, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Chicken Little, Home on the Range
[h=2]PARKS[/h]Figment/Dreamfinder 1
It’s a Small World 1
Haunted Mansion 1

Surprisingly absent: Pirates

PIXAR
Increbles 1
Wall-E 1
Up 7

Surprisingly absent: Toy Story, Monsters, Nemo, Inside Out
Also absent: Cars, Ratatouille, Brave, Good Dinosaur
Surprisingly absent is also Hercules! Though who knows what this "Go the Distance" Trading thing is, but I'm sure it has some Herc in it some where. :3

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Quick question: I'm assuming that the first time we fill out our RSP is during online registration/ticket purchasing? (Especially when they've released the catalog this early?)

I think these ones are nice, but many are too similar to the previous sets. Some of them (the more unique ones) are especially nice, though. Maybe it's just me, but the more I look at the wedding pin, the creepier Ellie gets...

Last edited:
There's a pun in there... Up collectors... keep Up...

I'll show myself out. :io:
I didn't even notice!!
8ac53b23325ac250dabce8a08a92ab58.gif

I always get excited then a little let down when people say they have pins, "up for sale" and they're not referring to Up pins.

How do I keep up? I don't. My interest is mostly in Russell, Carl, Dug and Kevin. I collect Ellie, but not as heavily. The only through the years pin I want is the one with Little Carl and Ellie because I collect them as kids.

I always get excited then a little let down when people say they have pins, "up for sale" and they're not referring to Up pins.

How do I keep up? I don't. My interest is mostly in Russell, Carl, Dug and Kevin. I collect Ellie, but not as heavily. The only through the years pin I want is the one with Little Carl and Ellie because I collect them as kids.
Specificity = Sanity. Hahah! That's my motto for Robin Hood and Aladdin. XD

I do the same thing (with the "Up for sale" thing). And yeah, you don't really keep up. I collect the pins that I like. And usually that means I collect my favorite of similar poses and pins. Many of the pins are kind of replicated, so you can just pick the ones you like without buying every single one. (This is coming from someone who never felt the need to be a completist, so take that as you will).

I do the same thing (with the "Up for sale" thing). And yeah, you don't really keep up. I collect the pins that I like. And usually that means I collect my favorite of similar poses and pins. Many of the pins are kind of replicated, so you can just pick the ones you like without buying every single one. (This is coming from someone who never felt the need to be a completist, so take that as you will).
I'm one of those weird people who think that duplicated poses shouldn't count toward "completist" status, especially when there's no new surrounding art/style/boarder/anything.

I've noticed it most in my Aladdin Carpet Ride collection.

But that's just me. XD

I can understand the lesser number of Pixar , last year's event .
The lack of PoTC , aren't they planning something for D23 featuring that
But I'm struggling to understand the lack of Moana , new and popular with plenty of scope for new poses .
Although I'd guess it'll be one of the mystery chasers which I won't get and have to pay an extortionate amount for :)

I can understand the lesser number of Pixar , last year's event .
The lack of PoTC , aren't they planning something for D23 featuring that
But I'm struggling to understand the lack of Moana , new and popular with plenty of scope for new poses .
Although I'd guess it'll be one of the mystery chasers which I won't get and have to pay an extortionate amount for :)

It's possible that the pins for this event, or at least a preliminary list of the characters, was determined before the end of last year's event. Because Moana was not released until November, they probably didn't anticipate how popular she was going to be. I bet she'll show up at next year's event though. :)

Quick question: I'm assuming that the first time we fill out our RSP is during online registration/ticket purchasing? (Especially when they've released the catalog this early?)

The final RSP won't be DUE until the cutoff date as stated on the Registration page (opening 4/25 at 1 pm EST). It will probably be due by mid-July. You can fill it out on 4/25 and then make changes until the cutoff date.

The results of the RSP will probably be released by 8/1. This gives people time to subtract (or possibly add) pins from what they "won'.

Another comment about the RSP. As far as I know, you are not limited to a specific number of pins on RSP #1—you can request every single pin! You probably won't get them, but you can request... Getting duplicates of the same pins are what RSP #2 and #3 are all about.

I've been thinking about the Go The Distance pin set. I can see it either being a six-pin set of Hercules in various points throughout the movie (baby Herc and Pegasus, Herc training with Phil, Herc and Meg, Herc fighting Cerberus/Hydra/Titans, Herc as a god, etc.), or different movies where the characters go on journeys (probably a Herc one, Moana, Bernard and Bianca flying on Wilbur/Orville, Simba running through the desert, etc.

I'm one of those weird people who think that duplicated poses shouldn't count toward "completist" status, especially when there's no new surrounding art/style/boarder/anything.

I've noticed it most in my Aladdin Carpet Ride collection.

But that's just me. XD

You're definitely not alone. I probably take it further - even if the pin has a new border or background (or in this case a dangle) if the image on the pin is basically the same thing they've been producing forever, then I will count it as the same pose and pick my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back