• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Love is an Adventure Catalog is up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love is an Adventure Catalog is up!
I always make lunch reservations at the Rose & Crown and/or Le Chefs de France, since they're nearby. You're in Epcot; you might as well enjoy it!

I'm excited to see so many new names registering for the event, back in the old days I would've said that no there isn't time to go out for lunch but now with the trading tabs meaning you only get four go's at the trading boards you need to go out for lunch to fill the day! Unless you like to trade in the back room and then I guess the boxed lunches are a good idea but I know I like to go and see the sun for a bit of the day :)

As an introvert, I know that I'll need to take a breather from all the excitement. So I'm dragging my friend to go and try some of the epcot restaurants with me so that we can take a breather. :lol: I know that she'll want to trade until we drop though. (And I'll be on the hunt for anyone's unused board tabs! AP pins are my favorites, and I know that you don't get the chance to trade for them on the boards very often. Plus, trading boards are my absolute weakness.)

As an introvert, I know that I'll need to take a breather from all the excitement. So I'm dragging my friend to go and try some of the epcot restaurants with me so that we can take a breather. :lol: I know that she'll want to trade until we drop though. (And I'll be on the hunt for anyone's unused board tabs! AP pins are my favorites, and I know that you don't get the chance to trade for them on the boards very often. Plus, trading boards are my absolute weakness.)

I had someone wanting to trade with me in the shark tank that was a newer trader. She didn't have anything I wanted so I encouraged her to go try the pin games. She was like "No, thank you." So I asked her if she wasn't going to use them, if she would like to trade her tabs. Boom. I got three more tabs that way.

You're in Epcot; you might as well enjoy it!

EPCOT restaurants are my favorite in all of the Disney parks. I love that there are so many options of so many types of cuisine. I'm excited that the event is there, to get the maximum number of days to eat there! (I am so excited to do Dining Around the World with everyone on Saturday!)

What about drinking around the world?! ;)

How do the trading boards at this event work? For example; is it LE to LE only or any legit Disney pin for any edition on the board? I think I remember reading for the BATB event you were also assigned a numerical order for the board draw. Is that the same here?

What about drinking around the world?! ;)

How do the trading boards at this event work? For example; is it LE to LE only or any legit Disney pin for any edition on the board? I think I remember reading for the BATB event you were also assigned a numerical order for the board draw. Is that the same here?

Here is a blog post that has some "trip reports" from older events: http://land.allears.net/blogs/guestblog/special_disney_events/pin_celebrations/

This is my first event too, but these reports have helped me get a feel for things! (I do hope that there is an LE board though. That would be great.)

Yes. And makes me hopeful for that Herc and Meg photo op! :lol:

I'm planning on checking out Pandora on Thursday after I check in for the event, possibly doing MNSSHP in the evening of the 25th, and a repeat to Pandora on Sun until I leave. Also have to find time to go meet Moana since I have a really cute themed outfit and they took her out of Disneyland before my trip next month!
This was super helpful. :D

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

They will have about 8 boards/trading games to choose from, each with it's own line. When it is your turn, you can trade any two of your pins for any of the pins on the board. There will be a mixture of different pin types on the board. If the board has recently been refreshed, then there will probably be more LE pins than if the board has been out for a while receiving your fellow attendees' trader pins.

wow so many first timers, you guys are all going to have a great time, the food in epcot is great (we tried the boxed lunches the first year they introduced them and don't rate them against the other options less than 100m away), the trading boards are great and I've always been able to make great trades in line with other attendees and only very rarely brave the back room of serious traders.

MomeRaths is right the boards are a bit of a mixed bag, if you're near the front after a board refresh generally there can be some great LE pins, one year my friend pulled the Ariel reveal/conceal AP but like everything pin trading, it really depends what you collect, I've been able to pull an AP LE from the board right before a refresh in the past (it was a tiny Chip/Dale Expedition Pins AP). In my experience if your not sure about a trade with another guest don't do it straight away, its easy to get carried away and unfortunately, there will be some people there who'll be happy to take advantage of your inexperience! Luckily, there is also lots of amazing people who won't take advantage and actually once they learn you're at your first event will go out of their way to make sure you have a good time and are able to make the trades you're looking for :)

As for characters, that's quite a recent edition to the event roster, last year we had Carl, Russell, Flick and Atta. At the 13 reflections of evil event the villains were actually out and about walking amongst the crowds. I don't know who we'll be seeing this year but I hope it's characters we can't usually see in the parks, like Herc and Meg. Again it's a nice add on now we don't get as many board trades as before. The other fun activity they usually run are the games on the main stage, some of them are surprisingly hard, like the trivia but still lots of fun especially once you get to know people and can cheer for your new friends whilst they compete (or have them cheer for you if you're the lucky one picked)!

Thank you for that info! It's super helpful. I'm trying to build up a small collection of traders to take but like you said, I'm not sure I'm at the level to brave the trading rooms. I'll stick to boards and games. Are you able to distinguish LE's and AP's on the board? Are they on cards/marked or do you have to know what you're looking at? I'm the worst about picking characters I like instead of paying attention to edition size, LE, etc. Sometimes I see a pin and think "who would want that" it turns out its the hottest pin at the moment and I missed out. I guess I like pins more for myself/my collections than trading or selling.

wow so many first timers, you guys are all going to have a great time, the food in epcot is great (we tried the boxed lunches the first year they introduced them and don't rate them against the other options less than 100m away), the trading boards are great and I've always been able to make great trades in line with other attendees and only very rarely brave the back room of serious traders.

MomeRaths is right the boards are a bit of a mixed bag, if you're near the front after a board refresh generally there can be some great LE pins, one year my friend pulled the Ariel reveal/conceal AP but like everything pin trading, it really depends what you collect, I've been able to pull an AP LE from the board right before a refresh in the past (it was a tiny Chip/Dale Expedition Pins AP). In my experience if your not sure about a trade with another guest don't do it straight away, its easy to get carried away and unfortunately, there will be some people there who'll be happy to take advantage of your inexperience! Luckily, there is also lots of amazing people who won't take advantage and actually once they learn you're at your first event will go out of their way to make sure you have a good time and are able to make the trades you're looking for :)

As for characters, that's quite a recent edition to the event roster, last year we had Carl, Russell, Flick and Atta. At the 13 reflections of evil event the villains were actually out and about walking amongst the crowds. I don't know who we'll be seeing this year but I hope it's characters we can't usually see in the parks, like Herc and Meg. Again it's a nice add on now we don't get as many board trades as before. The other fun activity they usually run are the games on the main stage, some of them are surprisingly hard, like the trivia but still lots of fun especially once you get to know people and can cheer for your new friends whilst they compete (or have them cheer for you if you're the lucky one picked)!

Are you able to distinguish LE's and AP's on the board? Are they on cards/marked or do you have to know what you're looking at? I'm the worst about picking characters I like instead of paying attention to edition size, LE, etc. Sometimes I see a pin and think "who would want that" it turns out its the hottest pin at the moment and I missed out. I guess I like pins more for myself/my collections than trading or selling.

You won't know if a pin is LE or AP until you get it and look at the back, unless you are already familiar with the pin and know it's an LE. APs always look almost identical to a regular version of the same pin, and there is nothing on the front to mark them as such. I always consider finding an AP a small bonus.

When I do trading boards at DSF, I always look for pins that I want for my own collection before looking for "hot" pins. There is such a short window of time at a board, and I know what I want quicker than what I can see that other people might want. At one of the events, I purposefully left a Rogue One marquee on the board in favorite of a Rescue Rangers pin for my collection. I figure, if I pick something I want for myself, even if another pin might be worth more, I know I'll be happy with it.

They will have about 8 boards/trading games to choose from, each with it's own line. When it is your turn, you can trade any two of your pins for any of the pins on the board. There will be a mixture of different pin types on the board. If the board has recently been refreshed, then there will probably be more LE pins than if the board has been out for a while receiving your fellow attendees' trader pins.

So you can trade any pin for a pin on the board? Or does it have to be an LE?

Don't be afraid to trade in the back of the room. Many of the people back there are real nice and will be willing to look at your pins. You never know what what somebody else is looking for. Yes, some of them can be very hard to trade with, but don't let that stop you. You can only trade four times at the boards, usually, so take a chance and meet some of the people in the back.

Don't be afraid to trade in the back of the room. Many of the people back there are real nice and will be willing to look at your pins. You never know what what somebody else is looking for. Yes, some of them can be very hard to trade with, but don't let that stop you. You can only trade four times at the boards, usually, so take a chance and meet some of the people in the back.

I know that's where my friend will be! By the way, does anyone know of any scheduled DPF meetups or trading areas? Or will that just likely be coordinated at the event?

Some of us are doing Animal Kingdom together on Thursday around registration/maybe some Thursday pin trading. Friday some of us are planning on doing MNSSHP, and Saturday some of us are doing Eating/Drinking Around the World.

I don't know if any official DPF events are planned during the actual trading event, though I'd be up for it, or grouping together our trading tables when we're not at the trade boards (I don't know if well have assigned spaces or it's open seating).

Some of us are doing Animal Kingdom together on Thursday around registration/maybe some Thursday pin trading. Friday some of us are planning on doing MNSSHP, and Saturday some of us are doing Eating/Drinking Around the World.

I don't know if any official DPF events are planned during the actual trading event, though I'd be up for it, or grouping together our trading tables when we're not at the trade boards (I don't know if well have assigned spaces or it's open seating).

Great, thanks! I've assumed it's open seating, because I don't think there was any way to indicate on your ticket if you were part of a group? Disney probably wouldn't want to split up parties.

I spend most of my time in the back room trading. If you are new and feel like you don't have good enough pins to trade in the "shark tank", I would suggest buying the mystery pins. Those are always in demand "in the back" and can help you get pins you might not normally have traders for. Can't wait for August!

A few Tips:
Thursday 10am-7pm: You have to Register before you are allowed into the Event Trading Room. Plan an hour (maybe less, depending on when you go) for the Registration & Pin pick-up line. (Some people go way before 10am to trade in line and be first through Registration to max their time in the Trading Room) LOTS of great Trading happens on Thursday. People especially want to complete their Mystery Box sets and trade their Event pins.

Friday and Saturday 9:30am-6pm The line into World Showplace (between Canada & United Kingdom) will be 700-900+ people long. With NO Breakfast, everyone will have to enter together!! Also with NO Breakfast, there probably will not be any early entrance thru the gates. Will have to wait until "rope drop" (Park opens at 9am) to start heading for the World Showplace to get in line.

The venue is divided into 3 sections: Front is Registration, pin returns & pick-ups & displays. Middle is Trading Board lines, Pin Partner (Paris, DSSH, WDW, etc.) Pin displays, Pin Store & Stage for Trivia & Games and Artist signings. Back is set up with long tables in many rows for Trading. Think GIANT Pin Trading Event!! Spots are "first come" so don't be surprised by people sprinting straight thru to the back for a "good spot".

Trading Board lines - depending on the type (Big Board versus small Box game) the lines can be anywhere from 30 min. to an hour+. There will probably be about 8 lines. That's why lots of people are able to trade in line while waiting. You'll be able to trade 2 pins per dated Tab (4 Tabs per day = 8 pins per day) in 1 minute each time at the Board/Box. Even if you don't find anything you want, you have to give up your Tab (you can keep your pins). Any legitimate, non-damaged Disney pin is acceptable for trading. Just be sure you have used all 4 Tabs by 5pm when the lines close.

Be aware of the times of certain events as printed on your Itinerary (which will be on the back of your Event ID), use all your Tabs each day, at least LOOK in the back at all the Trading going on and HAVE FUN!!!

(Hint to CA people - Epcot Event is NOTHING like the DSSH Events. Think 700-900+ instead of 300 in a GIANT Disney tent with overhead video screens and music) See you all there!! TTFN :tigger: Sue

Last edited:
Tigger Sue-Good recap of what to expect at the pin event. Very accurate. I often give my tabs to my sister so that she can trade at the boards for me. Sometimes people trade their tabs if they want to spend more time in the back trading.
I am also surprised by the number of people who come to the event without buying any of the event pins and then try to trade for them when they get there. Saves them money I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back