• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Love is an Adventure Catalog is up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty, so we are getting closer to the event and I need to start planning.

So with the trading boards, I know that you can trade ~any~ pin, but what's the "etiquette" for it? Like, do I need to stock up on some LEs to trade for the boards? And it's two pins per tab, correct? So a total of 8 pins for the board?

Any and all help is majorly appreciated. XD

~Merlin

For the boards, most people trade Hidden Mickeys or booster pack (from cards) pins. Frankly, as long as you don't put counterfeits on the board, you're ahead of the game...

You'll need 8 per person, per day (16 total per person for the Event). I like to put nice older OE Rack pins, older OE Cruise pins or older high LE pins on the Boards but, that's just me. I don't think it's fair to expect to trade for "treasures" with "trash" (esp. Hidden Mickey pins!) Like Unibear said - as long as they are REAL pins, you'll be doing better than a lot of other people who attend.

Last edited:
RSP payments are scheduled to be processed today.

This weekend I'll be sorting through my pins and pulling about two dozen for the boards and setting them aside (16 for my tabs, and a few extra in case I trade for more tabs or do some trading in line).

It makes me sad that people would knowingly trade scrappers for real board pins at these trade events. I know it happens all the time at the parks (hence cast lanyards and trade boards filled with them), but still, you'd think that people who pay to go to these events would at least have common decency to leave real pins for other people who have paid to go...

This weekend I'll be sorting through my pins and pulling about two dozen for the boards and setting them aside (16 for my tabs, and a few extra in case I trade for more tabs or do some trading in line).

It makes me sad that people would knowingly trade scrappers for real board pins at these trade events. I know it happens all the time at the parks (hence cast lanyards and trade boards filled with them), but still, you'd think that people who pay to go to these events would at least have common decency to leave real pins for other people who have paid to go...

It doesn't make it right, but they do switch it out enough that the scrappers don't effect many until the last hour of the last day or so.

Whoo! Just checked my bank account and the charge went through. For some strange reason I was nervous it wouldn't. That's one less thing to worry about!

Also if anyone is planning on trading their extra tabs I'd be very interested. I was lucky enough to snag a bundle of the $0.99 pins at my character warehouse, so I'm ready to go! (I'm the most excited about the boards.)

I forgot about the charges coming through today. Got a fraud alert call from Chase about a mystery WDW charge. When they told me it was event services I finally figured it out.

A friend of mine from FL is in town visiting and he was all excited because he brought me a bag of pins to take to the event. As soon as I saw them I was like "umm, did these come from eBay...", I felt so bad telling him he bought a bag full of scrappers. Some of them are really, really hard to tell but I've been scouring PinPics and sure enough they're questionable enough that I wouldn't risk bringing them.

I forgot about the charges coming through today. Got a fraud alert call from Chase about a mystery WDW charge. When they told me it was event services I finally figured it out.

Same thing happened to me and I wasn't able to respond on time so they stopped the transaction. I called Disney and they said no worries they will continue to process until it goes through! I was having a major panic attack! Lol

The same thing happened to me yesterday. I am paying for three sets of orders and one was tagged as a fraud alert. I contacted my credit card and today the charges have appreared.

Mine went through just fine, with no fraud alert. (Maybe Chase learned from all of y'all that it wasn't a fraud charge before mine was charged? ;) )

I think I got lucky. I had left my card behind at a restaurant during business travel and had it replaced not realizing that it was the same card used to purchase all of my RSP merchandise. I got an e-mail today that I had merchandise that was "unpaid." Thankfully a quick call to event services fixed the problem and I'm still getting my stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back