Love is an Adventure Questions

Discussion in 'Pin Trading Gatherings' started by carinandstitch, May 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TiggerSue

TiggerSue Want TIGGER PINS!!!

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

The slip you get WILL have the Game, day & time on it. People are chosen randomly by computer - like the pin RSP. Names will be displayed on the overhead screens before each Game and the hosts will call for you, in case you aren't there before starting time. If you forget, you lose your chance - they pick someone from the audience.

2. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    237   0   0

Ah, ok. Wow, now I really can't wait to open my packet and see if I got a golden ticket! :)

Are people allowed to exchange slips? Say one person got trivia and another got what's in my pin bag, but they want to do the game the other person got, is that allowed?

3. lynn99

lynn99 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    133   0   0

DS has gotten "Whats in your pin bag" for BOTH the events we attended. Would be funny if he gets it again this year.

I'm pretty sure at least at one of the games I watched someone was playing for someone else who didn't want to play - and they will replace from the audience so I don't think its a big deal to swap & just show up and say "I'm playing for so and so...."

4. FoolishMortal71

FoolishMortal71 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

As a new collector with a growing collection, what type of things do they ask to see from your pin bag during these games? What should I stock up on? And mainly Disney trivia or specifically pin trivia? I feel like I need a prep course!

5. lynn99

lynn99 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    133   0   0

For the pin bag game, you pick 10 of your pins and put in the bag they give you (its just a white paper sack). then they will ask for a "pin with donald" or "pin with a date" etc. first one with hand holding pin in the air wins the round. I forgot how many "points" they play to. By the later in the event games they ask for really specific obscure stuff. "a pin with a hairbow" comes to mind from last year.I

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  6. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    162   0   0

Just got an email, check-in will be at Coronado Springs on Thursday.

7. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    237   0   0

I just looked up the times for DLR on the Sunday after the event. My flight gets back in at around 10pm, and the park is open until midnight. So as long as my flight isn't delayed for too long, I could potentially visit both castles in the same day...

8. imp

imp Evil Fairy DPF Moderator

Rating - 100%
    120   0   0

I have a couple of questions about bags/suitcases: (1) are they strict about the size limits? and (2) can you bring 2 cases? (I'm just realizing how few of my traders I'll be able to fit in a bag that conforms with Disney's size limits.)

9. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0

Yes they are strict. If they think you're outside the 24x18x15 limit, they'll measure it. And it's only one container filled with pins per person. Anything can be in your second bag, except for pins, so I had my vinyls in it one year. I have one of those rolling plastic crates from office supply stores that fits 3 4" binders, 2 pin bags, and about 10 jumbos with boxes. It would fit 2 more or pin bags if I needed it to. They dont care at pre-reg, though.

10. imp

Rating - 100%
    120   0   0

I have a suitcase that will fit 4 of my binders but it's 25" instead of 24", and I'm wondering if I should chance it.

11. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

Ooooh. This is good to know. So say that I want to have one bag of pins out of my suitcase, and instead hanging off my shoulder. Is that allowed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. imp

Rating - 100%
    120   0   0

I can't find anything on Disney's sites about being restricted to 1 bag of pins ...where do I find that rule?

13. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0

I guess they changed it because I can't find it either

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

14. FoolishMortal71

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Is it worth it bring non traders to have extras for the games, etc? I don't want to bring my keepers that might get mixed in with traders. Thoughts?

15. TiggerSue

TiggerSue Want TIGGER PINS!!!

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

IF you are talking about the Disney Pin Game, you put your pins (10, I think) in a paper bag placed in front of you and when over, you take your pins back. They don't get "mixed" with anyone else's pins.

16. FoolishMortal71

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Thanks! I was trying to decide if I should bring 10 extra pins or just use the traders I had on me.

17. Ocean7

Ocean7 Member

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

My sister got one of those slips. 'What's In Your Adventure Pin Bag' game Saturday @ 11:15. Yay. She's supposed to put 15 pins in a bag. Thanks for the tips! :) Will let everyone know how she does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.