Mail Days (Post your latest Acquisitions)

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by earthbound, Oct 22, 2010.

1. AshleyV

AshleyV Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0

This is insane! Well done!

2. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Awesome haul! Love all the pins.

3. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    162   0   0

Dumbo is one of my collections, so he has found his forever home. :dumbo:

watzshakinbacon likes this.
  4. xdattax

xdattax Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

Ok. So as a Hades and Donald collector I’m going to need to see a picture of all your Ducky Hades pins to see what I’m missing! And if that Mickey and Donald pin cenoff eBay, I was watching that. Goes to show i ought to dang hit buy it now when I see a good deal!

Where’s that second Japan Donald from? The full body one? I can’t seem to find him on eBay. I have the one on the left.

~~

Oh and look what cane today:

[​IMG]

Bless my soul, Hades’ on a role! ^_^

CCofRR13, *Firefly*, DisneyJ and 4 others like this.
  5. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

Don't do it, don't see what your missing!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

MerlinEmrys likes this.
  6. Ajk

Ajk New to DPF but not to trading

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Nice haul. Congrats!

7. Ajk

Ajk New to DPF but not to trading

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Wow. Just...Wow.

8. Spr175psu

Spr175psu Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0

As far as I can tell, there are only 5 and I have pictured 4 of them. The top two are from the tokyo disney games, one from last year and the other from 2015. Bottom right is from 2004 and not exactly sure where the bottom left is from but it was the hardest to get at a reasonable price/trade. The one I'm missing is this one.

[​IMG]

Same Donald look as bottom left but I like it with Daisy mal. Good luck fellow hades/Donald hades collector!

9. xdattax

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

Ok. I was thinking there might have been more. I have the one you’re missing and you have the two I’m missing! Lolz. Daisy as Maleficent and Donald as Hades are just perfect. ^_^

I think the mickey and Donald one will be the tough one for me to find at a reasonable price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

I'm actually at a Hard Rock pin trading event and this really nice lady traded this Hocus Pocus Marquee for two of my Hard Rock pins! That was so super sweet of her! Who knew I'd find Disney pins at the Hard Rock event?[​IMG]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

11. tiffychann

tiffychann Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Yet another great week of trading! Thanks kiragigi and echan50!

[​IMG]

12. *Firefly*

*Firefly* Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

My week continued the recent DA theme with some new Stitch and another drawing pin!

[​IMG]

And big thanks to @Shelterkat and @speedwaystar1 for my monthly DLR mail!

[​IMG]

13. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    503   0   0

My Shanghai Zodiac Framed Pin Set came in yesterday, woohoo!

[​IMG]

^^Picture from eBay^^

14. xdattax

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

Oh my gosh, REMY!!!!

That is an awesome framed set.

Thank you for a new pin I have to hunt down.

starry_solo likes this.
  15. arielsdinglehopper

arielsdinglehopper Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

:eek::eek::eek::eek: WOW! Amazing!

16. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

Shelterkat was kind enough to find the final pin I was missing from the Fantasyland Football set and zapped it to me along with my monthly pick-up order. It arrived this weekend and it gave me the motivation to put the set together in a shadowbox. Thank you, Shelterkat! So very appreciated![​IMG]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  17. Poohlady5

Poohlady5 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    279   0   0

Wow! amazing display!! Looks fantastic :0)

krand1276 likes this.
  18. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

So cute!

krand1276 likes this.
  19. arielsdinglehopper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Love this!

krand1276 likes this.
  20. NutMeg

NutMeg I tie my own sandals.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I haven't shared any of my pinmail in a while because I've been super busy/sick, so here's what I've received in the past month or so...

My favorite is obviously this first one; it's officially the ugliest pin I own, and I'm like 99% sure the artwork was done by a child (or an employee who put in their 2 weeks and had already mentally checked out.) But it has both my girls on it!!! AND they're right next to each other, holding hands! <3 The only other pin with both Esmeralda and Meg on it is an LE 50 with 0 traders on PinPics. I've literally never seen it anywhere and I'm not even entirely convinced that it actually exists. So yeah, this monstrosity will have to do. I wasn't sure which board to put it on, so I decided I'm just going to have to get a second one. : P

(Is it just me, or does it look like they're about to sacrifice Snow White to appease Walt Disney's frozen head? Lol.)

[​IMG]

I also started up side collections for Hollywood-themed Jessica pins and the Hollywood Tower Hotel, so this was another double whammy for me (I decided it's going into the HTH batch though.) Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it's a scrapper. It arrived NIP with a Mickey's of Glendale bar code sticker on the plastic, but according to PinPics it was released at a convention, so that kinda seems like a red flag. It also feels suspiciously lightweight (but I don't have any other pins in the series to compare it to.) Anyway, it still looks authentic, so I'm just going to keep it. Pretty much every Jessica pin has been compromised by scrappers (idk why she's so popular with them), so I feel like it's kinda unavoidable to end up with a fake or two. It'll still look nice on my board, and at least I'm getting one less counterfeit pin out of circulation, haha.

[​IMG]

I've also been spending the past couple of months trying to stock up on traders... I'm moving to LA soon and will hopefully be going to releases/events/the parks, so I'm trying to be "pinpared" (badum-CHING.) I'm still on a student budget though, so I've just been keeping my eye out for thrifty deals, and managed to snag some nice pins at really low prices. I feel like Ariel and Punzie are always smart choices for your trade books (I'm now the only one on PinPics who has the Ariel on the right for trade, so that's pretty cool.)

[​IMG]

The most I spent on any of these pins was Alice, which I won for $39 in an auction (vs the two $100 listings currently on eBay.) I always thought the character block series was just kinda meh, but it actually looks pretty cool in person. I didn't realize there was a pin-on-pin element; it's subtle, but def makes the pin stand out. It's also a lot bigger than I expected. I'm not foolish enough to hope for a Hunchback version, but fingers crossed I'll get a Hercules one in a future wave.

[​IMG]

mickeymousje, PixiePost, Ajk and 11 others like this.
  21. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0

I have something so exciting waiting for me at home! I also picked up an awesome cherry blossom festival pin![​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

22. NutMeg

NutMeg I tie my own sandals.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Omg, congrats!!! So happy you were finally able to hook this fish! <3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

chubs191 likes this.
  23. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0

It was the perfect storm of having a ton of eBay bucks from buying a computer and it going for the lowest I've ever seen it in years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

24. arielsdinglehopper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

[​IMG]

An exciting piece of grail mail came this morning! I’ve found it so hard to find this Marie pin for ages so when it appeared on eBay for a great price I had to snag it <3 the Hundred Acre Wood gang is an old DLR LE from 2002 that I bought as an Easter treat to myself! I really want to start collection the Pooh gang Easter pins now...

25. pilcrow

pilcrow

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Congrats! That Marie is so cute!

arielsdinglehopper likes this.