Mail Days (Post your latest Acquisitions)

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by earthbound, Oct 22, 2010.

1. NutMeg

NutMeg The Nefarious N.M.G.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Just posted in the 2018 Releases thread about this pin series and how I got the Rapunzel one, so here are pics of her, as promised. She is so beautiful, and comes in some pretty fancy packaging as well:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see, Punz (why do they call her "Raps" on the TV show??? Punz/Punzie is so much better) is pin-on-pin.

But WHAAAAA - what's this?? She's also........ pin-OFF-pin?!?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a closer look at Punz by herself:

[​IMG]

I went over to my window to take pics of the stained glass against the light, and Gus immediately came running over to see what I was looking at (the window in my room is his bird-watching station, so he probably assumed I'd spotted one of his friends. He sits there and talks to them very quietly.) So anyway, here's a Gus photo bomb he wanted me to post:

[​IMG]

(He likes to think of pins as "our" hobby, as you can see here, here, here, and here. He seemed to really like that Meg/Peg fantasy pin that @MerlinEmrys gave him.)

Here's the stained glass in the light:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here's how Punz fastens to the gondola; as you can see, her lower backing post slips through the hole:

[​IMG]

The only problem is the big metal screw at the base of the post/the gap it creates, which doesn't allow for a very tight or secure attachment.

[​IMG]

Punz sort of just wobbles around loosely and will spin completely upside down unless both pieces are actually attached to something. Which presents another problem, because the backing posts are super long and don't have rubber Mickey Heads or metal clasps - just flimsy tubing:

[​IMG]

I definitely suspect that these pins are supposed to be more of a collectible/keepsake thing rather than regular traders, and are intended to be kept on display in the original boxes. The packaging is pretty sophisticated for a Disney pin; it's constructed to look like the pin is "floating" inside the box, and the clear plastic allows you to actually see through the stained glass. But I did try affixing the pin to a spare canvas I had handy, and the results were quite striking:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The gap between Punz and the boat is actually really effective here, because she pops out so much and makes the whole thing look more 3D, and because the extra space between her and the canvas makes the stained glass see-through (unfortunately I took these pics later in the evening; I bet the glass would look even more transparent in natural lighting.) Still, your pin board def needs to be light in color to actually get the stained glass "wow factor." Also, the board needs to be thick, or at least have something thick directly behind the pin, because again, these posts are LONG (luckily I also had spare Mickey Heads to sacrifice for this experiment.)

[​IMG]

Anyway, sorry this post is as long as the literal posts seen above. xD It's def an interesting pin though, and I enjoyed taking pics of it. Obviously it's not a keeper for me - still trying to decide if I should try to trade it right away while it has New Pin Hype, or take a gamble and wait to see if its trade value increases.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  2. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

The discussion on the Japanese board I follow said these are supposed to be for decorating your wall. Not anything to do with what we consider "trading pins." It's "office supply / home decor" so like we would never consider a Mickey push pin for a bulletin board as a trading pin, we really shouldn't consider these pins either.

DeputyDonald and watzshakinbacon like this.
  3. NutMeg

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

It says "pin" right on the box haha. So I would consider them pins, personally. ;) But yeah I get what you mean, like I said, I wouldn't classify these as regular trading pins, more Disney collectible items. But people still trade those all the time as they would pins (dolls, funkos, bags, park merch, etc.) And everyone likes to display their items differently. There's no one correct way to do it. These can certainly be safely and securely affixed to a pin board if one would prefer to display them alongside their regular pin collection. :)

pretty Omi likes this.
  4. NutMeg

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Just got this awesome pack of Hunchback stickers off eBay! Posting them here because it's still pin related and I'm excited to get them, so deal with it. :p If you've ever received pin mail from me before, you know I love to include stickers of Meg and Esmeralda on the package. I just ran out, though, and had to replenish my supply. This pack should hopefully last me a while, but then again, I'm about to unleash another pretty major zapping spree soon... quite a few of you should be expecting LBE's in the coming weeks with these guys slapped on the front. ;) Except for the gargoyles. Which I will promptly throw into the trash. You're welcome.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ugh, there are so many cool and unique Es poses here that would make AMAZING pins!!! Ze stickérs... zey taunt meh.... >.<

EDIT: Oops, gotta file another one now. (CC: @pretty Omi & @MerlinEmrys)

[​IMG]

5. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

Why this wasn't written in a French accent, I will never understand... ;)

6. NutMeg

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Fixed it. Thanks for spotting the mistake. ;)

7. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

[​IMG]

I actually carefully peeled some of the stickers off of things and stuck them inside the notebook you sent me. I had to preserve such vintage treasures!

8. DeputyDonald

DeputyDonald Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

But I like the gargoyles. Lol

9. DisneyJ

DisneyJ eBay Enabler

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

10. DeputyDonald

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I got my Pin Trading Monthly in the mail today! That’s a fun one to get. I ordered the Deluxe which is normally $24.99 for 10 non LE pins but I used a coupon for $5 off so I got 10 for $19.99. Not bad if you’re buying them with the intention of trading.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    mickeymousje, CCofRR13, Ajk and 7 others like this.
  11. raikipins

raikipins Active Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

I normally don't post pinmail here, but since the three packages that I received the other day were all from DPF members (they all arrived on the exact same day! Mon, 7/30), I figured it would be fitting. :)

[​IMG]

First, a huge thank you to @Shelterkat for another round of pickups! I was really looking forward to this one because of the Aladdin pins. ^^ And these Tink/DLR/castle pins are so pretty! I love that the PODH piece is from the faux diamond decorations during the 60th anniversary.

[​IMG]

Next, a big shout-out to @MerlinEmrys for the Zootopia pickup and for helping me get the BH6 set! I had forgotten about the DSF release that morning and so was too late to get anything myself. But when I said I'd wanted the BH6 set, he messaged me saying he had one if I needed it. Thank you so much! You're too kind! :D

[​IMG]

Last but not least, here's my Bingo prize from @NutMeg! Thank you so much for the beautiful button! I ought to print out my winning Bingo card and a picture of Esmeralda so I can display them all together. :D

And thanks for all the Jasmine stickers~! I'm always especially touched when little extras are catered to my favorite movies or characters. :3 And I especially love the Mulan/Jasmine/Ariel sticker - three of my favorite ladies all on the same sticker! *o*

And my other favorite Disney girl was also included in sticker form! I absolutely HAD to cut out this Meg sticker! I mean, it's a MEG sticker. You don't find that just anywhere. And it's such an awesome pose too! xD Thank you!

(The lollypop you included unfortunately got crushed on the way here and thus wasn't feeling very photogenic. ☹️)

Anyway, thank you all so much!

(And uh, eventually I will actually remember to give all of you feedback. I keep forgetting whenever I'm finally on my laptop. Sorry!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. cadien

cadien Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

I have pins stacking up with all the traveling I’ve been doing and just generally being out of commission medically, but I managed to snap some of the overseas pins I’ve recently received. So cute!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    472   0   0

That Scrooge is epic. XD

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

DeputyDonald likes this.
  14. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    75   0   0

Oh man what did the gargoyles do to ya? So glad I didn't include the mini plastic figs I have in your rak!

15. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    114   0   0

The baymax is cute!

16. Papaya

Papaya Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Ohh, I've never seen that cutie Hiro & Baymax pin set, it's super pretty! Congrats!

17. cyke23

cyke23 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

Back from Disneyland and found 4 of 5 completers I wanted from 2015 sets! I need the Huey-Dewey-Louie pin. I at least have a bunch of regular hidden mickey pins for trade since I bought a lot of blue and pink mystery bags.
    [​IMG]

18. DeputyDonald

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

More pin mail! Another successful trade with @khossler! Thanks Kayla!

She helped me complete the Disney Ducks set I’ve been working on for years, got me an amazing Scrooge DLP LE 700, a sweet Huey, Dewey and Louie Completer pin I’ve been after and surprised me with an awesome Ludwig Von Drake pin.

[​IMG]

19. DeputyDonald

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I’d be really jealous of you right now if I hadn’t just received the same Scrooge pin today. Like really really jealous.

I hope things are going better medically. Sending positive thoughts for relief and recovery your way.

-Sean

20. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

I will just sit here being jealous of both of you...[​IMG]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

21. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

Great additions!

DeputyDonald likes this.
  22. cadien

cadien Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Perfect timing then!

And thank you. I am basically fine. It's just inconvenient uncomfortable things related to getting old-ish. And all the just-in-case tests that go with it.

DeputyDonald likes this.
  23. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

That's never fun. Hope things turn out okay!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

24. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

I saved my mail to open today and celebrate.
    [​IMG]
    The OUAT pin was a pickup by @Shelterkat. This series is always so beautiful. I have wanted the Jafar cobra pin for awhile. (He's one of my fav villains!). The PatF fan is awesome, but I have the first world problem of needing to rearrange my PatF lanyard.
    [​IMG]

25. DeputyDonald

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

So then I shouldn’t tell you that the boat moves.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And is specifically numbered out of its edition size.

[​IMG]