Mail Days (Post your latest Acquisitions)

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by earthbound, Oct 22, 2010.

1. tiggeriffic

tiggeriffic DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

2 Thumbs UP for this collection! :tigger:

Tokaji likes this.
  2. arielsdinglehopper

arielsdinglehopper Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Wow, the board looks amazing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tokaji likes this.
  3. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

The chairs are probably some of my favorite pins out there. They're just so spot on.

caw caw rawr likes this.
  4. tiffychann

tiffychann Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Completed an awesome three way trade with @Booger1964 !

[​IMG]

5. *Firefly*

*Firefly* Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

A big pin week you guys! First off another storybook pin and Stitch tiki pin (from TDL!) to add to those collections, and a great DA Tink pin!

[​IMG]

Also a big splurge...

I'll be honest guys, the WDI heroines and heroes pins have really gotten to me, after being able to get almost all of the villains series last year for what I still feel were very reasonable prices what the collector community has done to these latest profile series is really sad. Making them unjustifiably expensive and nigh unobtainable for the mortal collectors has really bummed me out. I've also been through WDI pin withdrawal in general lately and when I saw the latest Alice anniversary series I was able to do the mental math to justify the price of picking up this set, and having them in hand now I really glad I did! They are really fantastic and considering how jumbo the jumbo really is I almost feel like MOG under priced it making it a better value even if I paid aftermarket prices, especially considering what some people are paying for a single profile pin or a set. Plus my wife will absolutely freak out when I give these to her, I'm going to save them as a surprise for the next special occasion!

[​IMG]

Ajk, Spr175psu, mickeymousje and 10 others like this.
  6. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

OMGosh...that Chesie pin!!!! While I am happy they continue to put out great pins featuring the Cheshire Cat, it also means I have another "Want" to add to my list.....

The set is gorgeous - your wife is going to LOVE them

*Firefly* likes this.
  7. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0

I got my Pins@Cost pins today. I have to say, I have mixed feelings about these. There are some parts I love, and some I don't.

Love:
    The size. I thought they were going to be smaller based on what other people said.
    Art. It's well translated.

Don't love:
    Quality. The metal has jagged lines at times, esp in the hair (this can happen when you don't program your gcode for the CNC properly), Ariel's belly button has not been electroplated, and there's a lot of signs that either the mold was not CNCed well or the metal was not casted in optimal conditions.
    Color choices: Aurora's hair color is too yellow and it looks like some of the coloring I see in scrapper pins, where it's got a slight grey tinge to it. Ariel's fins are blue instead of a light green.

I hope they change factories for these pins, because they could be perfect. As a comparison to Hot Topic/Loungefly/Box Lunch, they're a little bit bigger (about 1.5-2x) size than them. Their pins are about $6.50 per pin, so it's about the same price if you take into account size.[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

8. Blurkishgirl

Blurkishgirl Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Even though we didn’t make it to the release this morning it was great getting these guys today:)![​IMG]

TinyTink, Papaya, Kerri780 and 7 others like this.
  9. Patrick

Patrick New Collector

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

I’ve been looking for this set for awhile. Found them for a pretty good price recently. Unfortunately, three arrived with broken magnets, and two of them have pretty weak magnets. I was able to repair the three, but I’m unsure if I can recharge the magnets on the others. Either way, very happy to add these unique pins to my collection!

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    112   0   0

What a cool collection!

11. watzshakinbacon

Rating - 100%
    112   0   0

I feel like I’ve been away from pins for so long, but it’s only been like a couple weeks! Happy to report that my fiancé got a good number at today’s release, also finally received an acme order I made through @TheMickeyMouseRules (I chose the rose gold one!), and @pincrazy picked me up the newest dlr PODH! I also got the auction package from @chubs191! Can’t wait for the holidays now!

[​IMG]

DisneyJ, CCofRR13, chubs191 and 6 others like this.
  12. mickeymousje

mickeymousje Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    377   0   1

OMG she's beautiful!! Going on my wants for sure! Awesome find!

NutMeg likes this.
  13. chubs191

Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0

If they're man-made magnets, you can recharge them with a neodymium magnet. You can buy those from Amazon and like.

14. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

I know that the postal service doesn't run on Sunday, but it's the best day for me to open my mail. :rolleyes:

I won the Merida Pin auction by @arielsdinglehopper earlier this month and my pretty arrived this week with an extra traveler. Cara was so sweet to zap me the cute BatB bell jar pin. It will be perfect on my school lanyard. The fan was just as lovely as I expected with its beautiful details. The Princess Fan series was a series that I really didn't like when it first released, but it grew on me over time (much to my wallet's chagrin). The more pictures I saw; the more I wanted them. Last summer around my birthday, I found the Belle fan and have been searching for my other wants ever since. I am so thankful that you chose my bid and love pin even more because it journeyed to my collection via you.
    [​IMG]

The following pin mail is the "fault" of @DeputyDonald. We traded at the start of the month for some pins. When we were working out the trade, it reignited my desire to complete the Main Street Magic mystery collections from 2016. I was at WDW that summer so I got most of them from WDW at the time. I only need two. (I actually got all but the Louie chaser at the time. I gave my nephew the Chip and Dale from WDW for his collection.)
    [​IMG]

I like the set so much that I wanted DLR's version, as well. At the time, I purchased several sealed boxes from a person who did reasonably priced pickups. I got about half the set but stopped looking for the rest.o_O I was missing 5 of the pins so I started looking for them last week.
    [​IMG]

Since Pin Pics was unavailable I went to eBay. I found a seller who was selling the sealed boxes close to the original cost so I bought three boxes. [​IMG]
    I did pretty well in that I got two pins I needed, two chasers, and a pin that @DeputyDonald needs. [​IMG]

Now, I only need 3 from the DLR set to go with the 2 I need from WDW. The hunt is on!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  15. HyenaDip

HyenaDip Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I picked up the August pack from the ongoing Mickey Memories series. ( 1980's )

[​IMG]

I'm looking forward to the next month ( 1990 )

[​IMG]

16. arielsdinglehopper

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Sarah, you are the sweetest! ️ I’m so glad that everything got there safely and that you love the pin and the brooch!

DeputyDonald likes this.
  17. Patrick

Patrick New Collector

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Thanks so much! Now if only I could add them to my collection on PinPics...

Oh that’s amazing! I’ll try that. Thank you, thank you!

DeputyDonald likes this.
  18. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

Mail time!
    [​IMG]

Spr175psu, cyke23, CCofRR13 and 7 others like this.
  19. chubs191

Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0

How? Why? When? Where? Will my tears make mine magically appear? I've been trying to trade for this pin since 2004. Congrats on getting it. Enjoy it. Cherish it. Give it a kiss for me.

20. arielsdinglehopper

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

[​IMG]

Yesterday and today’s pin mail! The Mother’s Day pin is very special to me as it was a gift from my own mum for doing well at a hospital appointment last week, and the scene and movie itself is very sentimental to me so this is a pin I will treasure forever <3 the other two are ACME HotArt pins that I managed to snag from the Pins@Cost draw (before all the PinPics fiasco). Super glad that I managed to get these for my collection for such a good price as living in the U.K., it would’ve been impossible to get them at cost!

21. AlaskanMalamute

AlaskanMalamute Active Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Received these pins yesterday from 2 trades. The first 2 are from @DeputyDonald.

[​IMG]

and the last one from @D1sn3yL1f3

[​IMG]

Thank you both for the trades!

22. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

I found it on the 'bay. You will find it one day. I know you will. :)

DeputyDonald likes this.
  23. chubs191

Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0

I know I will. I've been in bay jail since buying AoA in April.

caw caw rawr likes this.
  24. HyenaDip

HyenaDip Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

[​IMG]

Found these two specific pins on a local classified ad. Happy to have that 30th store Zero.

25. watzshakinbacon

Rating - 100%
    112   0   0

That zero Pin is so cute that it’s the only NBC Pin I own